PDA

View Full Version : Pat Barry @ 205??

The Sword
09-06-2011, 11:09 PM
TBEAR got me thinking, do you guys think HD could make 205? I mean chuck and Forest used to cut from about 240 and that about what HD weighs in at. I think if HD could make the weight it would be a good move for him. Well that and more ground work. Thoughts??

TBEAR
09-06-2011, 11:17 PM
He has to loose weight. He cant cut that much cause he has ALOT of mucle mass. He would need to loose like 20-25 pounds of muscle, then the question is would his power go away? And if he did that he would still have to cut like 20 pounds.

he is like 245...he would have to loose weight and then still cut, huge lifestyle change

The Sword
09-07-2011, 04:42 AM
He has to loose weight. He cant cut that much cause he has ALOT of mucle mass. He would need to loose like 20-25 pounds of muscle, then the question is would his power go away? And if he did that he would still have to cut like 20 pounds.

he is like 245...he would have to loose weight and then still cut, huge lifestyle change
It would without a doubt be a life style change. I really do think his power would translate well at 205. but your right it prob, would be to much on his body.

LefthookStcrook
09-07-2011, 04:59 AM
I dont think its THAT crazy of an idea myself. Hes listed at 5'11, hes deffinetly more muscle then fat, but there is some trimming that could be done. But for all we know, Maybe hes bulking up because he knows hes a small HW.

I wonder what weight he fought at in K1? Something is telling me 220? But I have nothing to base that off of lol. **The 3 most current fighters he fought (that have Wiki pages lol) were listed between 220 and 180**

Kimbo> Rampage
09-07-2011, 06:34 AM
When have liddell and forrest cut from 240? Too many times people get losing weight with actual cutting water weight mixed up.

He could get down to 205 if he wanted to. Not sure on how good he would do though... It would be interesting to see him fight guys like Machida, Shogun, or Rampage. Shogun and machida have great striking and speed that would fluster him, but barry has legit kickboxing and huge power. Im confident that Rampage could knock him out if he landed. Barry has great kicks though and if he stuck to a good gameplan he may be able to pull it off.

The Sword
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
When have liddell and forrest cut from 240? Too many times people get losing weight with actual cutting water weight mixed up.

He could get down to 205 if he wanted to. Not sure on how good he would do though... It would be interesting to see him fight guys like Machida, Shogun, or Rampage. Shogun and machida have great striking and speed that would fluster him, but barry has legit kickboxing and huge power. Im confident that Rampage could knock him out if he landed. Barry has great kicks though and if he stuck to a good gameplan he may be able to pull it off.

First off let me just say I understand Cutting and loseing weight. I work at a gym teaching fitness classes, help train fighters as well as fight myself. I was useing the work "cut" has a general term when I probably should have said start camp. I dont expect any fighter to cut for pounds as in lose 40 pounds of water.

The Sword
09-07-2011, 07:23 PM
barry has legit kickboxing and huge power. Im confident that Rampage could knock him out if he landed. Barry has great kicks though and if he stuck to a good gameplan he may be able to pull it off. Since Rampage dose not know how to check leg kickes, and Barry has great power page could be in some trouble if barry takes his legs away.

TBEAR
09-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Since Rampage dose not know how to check leg kickes, and Barry has great power page could be in some trouble if barry takes his legs away.

If Forrest used leg kicks the way he did againest Page, there is noway in hell Page wants any part of Pats kicks. I think Pat would KO page, if his power went to 205 with him.

I dont see Pat going down to 205 though

dbader08
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Since Rampage dose not know how to check leg kickes, and Barry has great power page could be in some trouble if barry takes his legs away.

Yes but if Rampage was really aggressive Barry could be in trouble. Rampage bum rushed Cyril Abidi who was a pretty good kickboxer and took him out. If rampage ate a couple good leg kicks, youd think he would be able to clinch with barry and control him there or take him down. I'm not sure how Barry would get to 205, though. Lets not forget Tim Hague easily submitted Barry.

The Sword
09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
If Forrest used leg kicks the way he did againest Page, there is noway in hell Page wants any part of Pats kicks. I think Pat would KO page, if his power went to 205 with him.

I dont see Pat going down to 205 thoughneither do I, just a thought I had.

The Sword
09-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes but if Rampage was really aggressive Barry could be in trouble. Rampage bum rushed Cyril Abidi who was a pretty good kickboxer and took him out. If rampage ate a couple good leg kicks, youd think he would be able to clinch with barry and control him there or take him down. I'm not sure how Barry would get to 205, though. Lets not forget Tim Hague easily submitted Barry. I can't say I disagree with you.

IceCold48
09-07-2011, 09:10 PM
he could but he wouldnt do good. jones, rashad, davis even rampage would take him down and keep him there.

TheKidInside
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
he has no future at HW. he's hella small but strong as heck. He needs to be at 205 immediately. And he would have no problem doing it with a lifestyle change...

guys like Dan Cormier also but he's got a kidney problem and can't cut weight health-wise.

The Sword
09-07-2011, 11:30 PM
he could but he wouldnt do good. jones, rashad, davis even rampage would take him down and keep him there.

Well the same could be said @ HW, guys like Brock, Carwin ECT take him down as well.

Kimbo> Rampage
09-08-2011, 04:49 AM
First off let me just say I understand Cutting and loseing weight. I work at a gym teaching fitness classes, help train fighters as well as fight myself. I was useing the work "cut" has a general term when I probably should have said start camp. I dont expect any fighter to cut for pounds as in lose 40 pounds of water.

So do I.

Ok didnt know you knew, because you said cut, when "cutting" means cutting the water weight in mma. It is one of the biggest misunderstandings in mma.

Whenever a fighter gets overweight and says how much they weigh, people on the mma fourms will run with it...
"forrest and rampage cut from 260"

Yes but if Rampage was really aggressive Barry could be in trouble. Rampage bum rushed Cyril Abidi who was a pretty good kickboxer and took him out. If rampage ate a couple good leg kicks, youd think he would be able to clinch with barry and control him there or take him down. I'm not sure how Barry would get to 205, though. Lets not forget Tim Hague easily submitted Barry.

Agree. I dont know how Barry's chin would hold up. Rampage has a great chin and huge power. He would do well against Barry if it just came down to hands. Barry could keep kicking rampage and win that way, but he is often not that patient and likes to be very aggressive and come at you. A lot of times using less kicks and using his hands. Rampage would Ko him if he did that.