PDA

View Full Version : question about my body

Tokyo's bad boy
01-08-2007, 04:36 AM
2 years ago I started really working out and then i worked out on and off, but for about the past 6 months I have been working out pretty solid. 2 years ago i weighed 157 pounds and had body fat of 14% (i'm 5'11), through working out I got to around 175 and now I'm back to like 160 and 16% body fat...despit the fact that I'm bigger and more defined then ever...people actually notice and say " you look big" or "that's an impressive bicep" I notice that i'm in much better shape but I don't see how i'm back down to 160...unless it's random water weight or something. Anyone got any idea's how I can big bigger and more defined then when i started but still weigh the same? I also do BJJ 2 days a week. I eat pretty clean but I only have a 6 pack when I flex...I want to rid myself of that fat but I want to put on muscle!?!?

Clint
01-08-2007, 05:26 AM
how are you measuring the bodyfat percentage? You probably gained muscle and lost fat. Many BF% measurements are kinda unreliable.

Tokyo's bad boy
01-08-2007, 05:38 AM
how are you measuring the bodyfat percentage? You probably gained muscle and lost fat. Many BF% measurements are kinda unreliable.

I just got a scale and it gives your body fat % don't know how accurate it is, though. I'm bigger but I just find it odd that I weigh the same, as most people put weigh ton when they put on muscle.

Clint
01-08-2007, 06:13 AM
I just got a scale and it gives your body fat % don't know how accurate it is, though. I'm bigger but I just find it odd that I weigh the same, as most people put weigh ton when they put on muscle.

Honestly those suck for getting your actual bodyfat% but work well for a comparioson. Like I said you gained muscle and lost bodyfat.

Clint
01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm glad i saw this, i was thinking about getting one.

yeah the problem is that they use conductivity to determin your bodyfat but conductivity depends so much on hydration that they aren't accurate.

Clint
01-09-2007, 04:45 AM
what is the best Body Fat messurement tool out there.? (and kinda cheap)

A pair of calipers are accurate if the right person is using them (and they are rather cheap). They just take some practice.

I personally like the US Navy method using a measuring tape. It seems to be decently accurate and is atleast consistent: http://www.bblex.de/en/calc/navy.php