PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen slams Anderson - "He needs to take some Midol for his 'injuries'"

Sakara=Excitement
09-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Chael Sonnen On Anderson Silva (http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/09/26/chael-sonnen-on-anderson-silva%E2%80%99s-injury-status-5266.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+NE WS+BLOGS%29)

ďI donít think that treatment for Andersonís problems is prohibited by the UFC, even right before a match. Some medications are limited, as you know, but Anderson is in a state of medical legitimacy because I donít think that Midol is prohibited, nor are chocolate or Gerard Butler movies. I have never personally had to deal with his sort of condition, but I feel for him and I really want to see what his top fighting form actually is, since we apparently havenít seen it yet. I canít remember the last time that he didnít say he was hurt for a match, and itís starting to alienate the fight fans. So he should take care of himself when heís suffering, or else the public will be stuck with the same unengaging fights and lackluster victories until he either dies or finally hits menopause.Ē

In a recent interview with PaulLazenby.com former middleweight title challenger, Chael Sonnen goes on another anti-Anderson Silva rant, this time targeting the champs recent injuries.

K1NG P3NN
09-27-2011, 04:50 AM
He makes a good point about Silva ALWAYS seeming to say he is injured for a fight. Obviously the rest is just Chael being Chael, but what can you do?

CtGreat
09-27-2011, 04:56 AM
He makes a good point about Silva ALWAYS seeming to say he is injured for a fight. Obviously the rest is just Chael being Chael, but what can you do?

Silva has been saying that he has been injured as soon as the Okami fight ended....

I thought all Sonnen related shit talking articles were noobjack. This is not mma news, its about as irrelevant as me telling you guys that I just saw a naked woman run down my suite hallway.

W.Silva>C.Norris
09-27-2011, 04:58 AM
I lol'd.. admittedly its not as entertaining as doing an entire interview in a fake british accent, but....

m1ckeykn0x
09-27-2011, 05:00 AM
its about as irrelevant as me telling you guys that I just saw a naked woman run down my suite hallway.

I'd rather hear about that. :grinsmile1:

CtGreat
09-27-2011, 05:08 AM
I'd rather hear about that. :grinsmile1:

Honestly, I just opened my door because I heard giggeling right outside it, and when I did, I saw this girl run down the hallway naked from one end to the other and into somebody's room. She wasn't even good looking, but I guess it still counts as a win? :confusedsmilie:

K1NG P3NN
09-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Silva has been saying that he has been injured as soon as the Okami fight ended....

I thought all Sonnen related shit talking articles were noobjack. This is not mma news, its about as irrelevant as me telling you guys that I just saw a naked woman run down my suite hallway.

Ok well I'm guessing you didn't hear him say it for the fight with Chael either then? Also, he said it before Okami, and I could possibly be wrong, but I though also around fighting Vitor? So besides that, no you're definitely right.

CtGreat
09-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Ok well I'm guessing you didn't hear him say it for the fight with Chael either then? Also, he said it before Okami, and I could possibly be wrong, but I though also around fighting Vitor? So besides that, no you're definitely right.

I know im definitely right. I never stated that Silva doesn't get injured allot, he is 37, thats to be expected. I simply stated that he has been saying he was injured almost as soon as the Okami fight ended. Remember he said he took some pain pills?

K1NG P3NN
09-27-2011, 05:19 AM
I know im definitely right. I never stated that Silva doesn't get injured allot, he is 37, thats to be expected. I simply stated that he has been saying he was injured almost as soon as the Okami fight ended. Remember he said he took some pain pills?

Yeah that was my bad, completely misread the tone of your post, thought it was somethin else. sorry man. But yeah I know about the pills, I thought you meant it was the only time he complained about being hurt lol

CtGreat
09-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Yeah that was my bad, completely misread the tone of your post, thought it was somethin else. sorry man. But yeah I know about the pills, I thought you meant it was the only time he complained about being hurt lol

What scares me, is that Silva is 37 now.....his clock is ticking. It may not seem like it in the cage, but being a 37 year old man that isn't even on HRT and still training/competing with men 9-12 years younger than him must be hell. My biggest fear is that Silva gets an injury that he cant fight through, yet still tries to fight. His injury rate is increasing, thankfully he very rarely gets hit in his fights, but its the training that takes the most out of a fighter.

roaddawg
09-27-2011, 05:52 AM

You do realize that Anderson Silva's shelf life as a fighter is nearing its end? The older you get the more injuries you get and its that simple.

Pasha K
09-27-2011, 06:27 AM
its about as irrelevant as me telling you guys that I just saw a naked woman run down my suite hallway.
Do you have pics?

CtGreat
09-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Do you have pics?

I do not, it caught me off guard and only lasted for a total of 5 seconds.

Sniggles
09-27-2011, 07:54 AM
I do not, it caught me off guard and only lasted for a total of 5 seconds.

Reminds me of last weekend. :(

Spyke
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Shame on Anderson for complaining and making injury excuses after all those fights he wins....shame shame shame... hahaha.

dbader08
09-27-2011, 09:18 AM
I think Chael needs to buy a fat sack of Northern lights or Trainwreck...or possibly some OG Kush or something of that nature the next time he is in California. Then maybe he could enjoy his life without having to mindlessly trash other people.

Malevolence
09-27-2011, 02:07 PM
^^ I hear Lindlands holding ^^

Masscore
09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
I do not really blame Sonnen for calling Silva out on this one. Imagine if you did what Chael did which was beat the shit out of the best fighter on the planet for 4.75 rounds and that fighter go run around and say the only reason it happened was because I was "hurt." Even though there was never a report of broken, fractured or cracked ribs. I would be pissed off too that the asshole was not giving me my due.

But yea this is also getting old for Silva.

lwbrewer
09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Soares set the stage of excusses. My belief Soare used excusses of injuries to get or avoid fights, basicly get what he wanted. So somebody ripping a few jokes on them is justified. Sonnen does go overboard a little, but he does have some stand up comedy in him to help. Sonnen maybe Andersons win would of had more luster if you had better sub defense

Kimbo> Rampage
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Anderson talked about being injured after the Sonnen and Okami fight, because he was injured. He was not using it as an excuse.

Sonnen is the last guy to act like somebody had a lackluster fight... especially talking about somebody like Anderson silva. Iv heard him say all of these exciting fighters and finishers are boring and his favorite fighters are often decision or point fighters.

YukonJordan
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
All the injuries may very well be true, Silva is 37 after all. But he and his management do not do a good job of coming off as honest and open. Not saying their lying just that don't present themselves well within the media.

Trodden
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Reminds me of last weekend. :(

you were running by CtGreat's naked last weekend?

any pics?

j/k

Luc1an
09-27-2011, 04:03 PM
ok seriously what else would you expect from Chael? your all acting like this is out of character for him =) well i found it funny, i dont take anything he sais seriously but i do sometimes find it mildly amusing, mission accomplished.

Sakara=Excitement
09-27-2011, 07:26 PM
you were running by CtGreat's naked last weekend?

any pics?

Well since you asked....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CHmmyRhogCA/TMXulsrAMwI/AAAAAAAABLE/x_kXFZpFg3U/s1600/naked+hairy+dude+with+guns.jpg

Malevolence
09-27-2011, 11:44 PM
^^Wow,Russell Brand has really let himself go since he got married,
too much in & out burger for that man right there.

0mega1
09-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Well since you asked....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CHmmyRhogCA/TMXulsrAMwI/AAAAAAAABLE/x_kXFZpFg3U/s1600/naked+hairy+dude+with+guns.jpg

i love the fact that he has his guitar hero in the picture, and is that a french tickler?:boxlick: