PDA

View Full Version : Pre fight excitement

Bundy
10-02-2011, 10:05 AM
My question is which fight were you most excited about seeing before the fight actually happened?

What I mean is...from the time you first started watching MMA, until now, what fight did you get the most psyched up and excited for, prior to it starting?

I have been watching MMA for the past 5 years almost religiously. I think the one that I most anticipated was the UFC 47 Chuck Liddell/Tito Ortiz 1 fight.

There was so much hype,energy, and animosity going into that fight. It was truly amazing.
My heart was palpating by the time they got to introductions. I was a huge Liddell fan, but seeing Tito looking so energized and fearless walking to the octagon, made even me slightly intimidated while sitting at the edge of my chair at home with my buddies and a bottle of Bud Lite. When he bumped into Liddell once he entered the octagon, I thought they were going to throw down before Big John even said the famous words.

The staredown made my hair stand up on end. Truly epic moment.

I guess for me alot of the excitement is the anticipation of not knowing what may happen in the fight. Regardless of what happens during the fight, or the outcome, sometimes the real excitement is the build-up leading up to the fight. Not knowing who will win or how. But just knowing that the two fighters entering the cage together, truly want to take one another's heads home on a silver platter.

Thats my 2 cents, anyone else care to share their favorite??