PDA

View Full Version : exercise balls

AudieMurphy1
01-09-2007, 04:32 AM
i got an exercise ball to try out, i am very impressed, on top of the great ab and core work outs it has proven great in my weight lifting, its turned some of my normal routines into greuling exercises, does anybody else here use one?

Clint
01-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Another thing to do with one of those burst proof balls is fill it half way with water and then pump enough air into it that it is round but not tight. Now grab it on each side and do cleans or snatch or pick it up and run with it. The water sloshing around it in makes it hard as hell.

AudieMurphy1
01-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Another thing to do with one of those burst proof balls is fill it half way with water and then pump enough air into it that it is round but not tight. Now grab it on each side and do cleans or snatch or pick it up and run with it. The water sloshing around it in makes it hard as hell.

thats a great idea, i may pick up another one to try that with, i was supprised at how cheap they are

AudieMurphy1
01-09-2007, 04:58 AM
yea, they are great for streching and doing abs and lower back.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/bl_core.htm

i have found ways to do different barbell execises on it, it really increases the work out

i love my balls....sorry i had to say it:grinsmile26: :confusedsmilie:

Clint
01-09-2007, 05:07 AM
thats a great idea, i may pick up another one to try that with, i was supprised at how cheap they are

I got the idea off of Ross Enamit's website. Ross is the man for cheap strength and conditioning.

AudieMurphy1
01-09-2007, 05:13 AM
I got the idea off of Ross Enamit's website. Ross is the man for cheap strength and conditioning.

you should post a link to his site in this forum

Alwaysbelieve1
01-09-2007, 07:24 AM
you should post a link to his site in this forum

www.rosstraining.com

Metalhead
01-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I love the ball work. I try to do a core routine at least once a week. When I first started out with a sports specific trainer our warm up was on the ball. The first 2 times, my entire work out was the warm up because my core was not strong at all. I love using the ball.

Any weight lifting excersise is great on the ball as well. I'm thinking of geting one to sit on at work all day. But don't know if it's a good idea to be on one 8 hours straight.

AudieMurphy1
01-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I love the ball work. I try to do a core routine at least once a week. When I first started out with a sports specific trainer our warm up was on the ball. The first 2 times, my entire work out was the warm up because my core was not strong at all. I love using the ball.

Any weight lifting excersise is great on the ball as well. I'm thinking of geting one to sit on at work all day. But don't know if it's a good idea to be on one 8 hours straight.

i've been thinking about doing the same, i had heard that its actually good for your posture as well as your core.

Metalhead
01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm worried about being bored at work and almost falling asleep on the ball. I'd definatly fall off. At least with this not so comfy chair I'm sitting in right now I have a back that I can lean into for a snooze.