PDA

View Full Version : MMA draft league?

Trodden
10-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I had an idea for a MMA draft game based on fighters real fights.

the rules could change a bit throughout, but I'll explain more

we would have multiple league's (AKA League, Team Quest League, etc). It would be too hard to have too many guys in one league.

so each guy picks a few fighters in each weight class, and every league determines points (5 points for a sub, -7 points for a loss, etc) and when the points are counted (every 2, 3, 6 months).

We also need some commissioners. everyone who wants to play should vote on who they are. we need at least 5 and should be impartial.

team captains also vote on the rules for each league, not commissioners.

but commissioners have to approve trades.

if you want to trade leagues, and other people in the league you enter (approved by a majority vote of team owners) and other teams have your fighters, you lose those picks until the next round of points are counted, and then can pick your fighters.

although the most important things are the team owners have the say (through votes) what the rules are in their leagues, but commissioners declaration has to be respected.

if gray area's emerge, commissioners vote on what should happen.

to start, everyone should agree to what league they want, then pick 3-5 fighters each weight class, basic point system, and when points are counted. then after the first point count, they can vote on what rules to enforce. (say if a fight is a draw, team owners vote on who gets win points).

commissioners will have a lot of power, but a lot of responsibility. knowing who has what fighters, keeping track of victories in case of point disputes. basically keeping track of almost everything, which is as hard as editing a TXT file.

if anyone is interested, let me know

I know theres another draft game, but this one is effected by real fights, and anyone can enter whenever they want, provided team owners in that league vote approvingly.

rules can change and be different to every league, so the game an constantly evolve.

any takers?

and I would rather be a team owner then a commissioner. but if I was voted in, I would be fair.

Trodden
10-12-2011, 07:53 AM
no takers?

its a way to bet on almost every fight, while losing only points

rodzilla1988
10-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Im a little confused but sure.

Trodden
10-12-2011, 02:59 PM
basicly we get i groups of say 4-10. each pick a few fighters in each weight class

when they fight, points are gained or lost on what happens

the individual groups decide what points count

win 5 points, loss 7 points for example

point totals are kept throughout

you can bet points you have on fights and such

at some predetermined point in time, the leaders in points get prizes

since changes happen within the groups are approved by vote, point leaders get an extra vote, for example

so if me and you had a group, that would be our league. we would have our teams (our pick of fighters)

over time you could leave your league to join another, if they vote you in, if you preferred their rules.

so some leagues would be bigger then others, which has benefits and negatives

but the outcome are dictated by real fights. every league can have a trading season, draft season (when new fighters emerge), and point leaders will dictate how those are played out

commissioners are just people who don't play the game, but help settle disputes.

thats a lot to read, but I think its pretty simple. we make the rules, and can change as we want, provided votes take it that way

if you have any questions, I'd be happy to say more, but it won't be of my making.

I'm providing framework, and offering to put in the work to get it going

the players make the rules. I have been looking for a MMA draft game, effected by real fights for so long, and noone has really done it, to my knowledge.

its a way to make the fights as exciting as betting on it, without losing your paycheck, or having someone evil give you a really gay sig

Trodden
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
well screw it

if your down, rodzilla, we can still do it

we both pick a few fighters in each weight class, and decide how to make points.

we can make it simple, and add point systems as we go

I'll give you first pick

take one fighter each weight class, then I'll go, till we both have 5-6 per weight class

MIZjitsZOU
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I am down to play Trodden if you want more people.

Trodden
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
totally

its really simple

we pick a few fighters, I had the idea for leagues to make it easier

the points are based on what happens, and we'll agree on what scored.

so we pick fighters, decide what counts for positive and negative points, and decide how long before trade/draft season (2 months, 6 months, whatever)

but imagine this. Anderson vs Chael

anderson win (for example) 5+, sub win 5 more points
Chael loses -5 points

then we factor in TD's, Sub attempts, sweeps, sub escapes (if we decide to score those) you could have the loser actually getting you more points

your points are based on your picks, and their performance.

we make the rules and can change as we go

anyone else down, post here