PDA

View Full Version : Mike Goldberg comment on Maynard

Y2JUBAE
10-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Did I hear him correctly say that Maynard walks around at 200 pounds lol. Joe didn't believe him and he was like, absolutely!

Kimbo> Rampage
10-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Gray is a big LW, but that is not true. Gray said he tries to stay in shape all the time.

He said Grey is really strong and probably just threw out a random number.

The guy is a fucking idiot, he makes mma seem less legitimate. They guy needs to go.

It would be an endless thread if we kept going on with Goldberg fuck ups. Id much rather have the former wrestler goldberg than this clown.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C31Vu6B9MFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31Vu6B9MFI)

it is really not even funny anymore...

Pasha K
10-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I do not believe that Maynard in reality is a LHW and cuts weigh to LW, I think it is just another BS by Goldie.

The Return Of......
10-10-2011, 03:16 AM
i thought he saw he was upwards of 170 something

Pasha K
10-10-2011, 05:44 AM
No, he actually said that Maynard walks around 200 pounds

SimpleJack
10-10-2011, 07:28 AM
He doesn't bother me that bad.

Far better than Gus Johnson.

Kimbo> Rampage
10-10-2011, 04:15 PM
He doesn't bother me that bad.

Far better than Gus Johnson.

Really? I dont like Gus, But mike has been a thorn in the UFC's side since day one.

Y2JUBAE
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Usually I find his lack of knowledge of mma pretty amusing but this was just something out of left field even for Goldberg.

I don't understand how Goldberg STILL knows nothing about mma? He's there for every event, got front row seats... ummm, he calls the action lol. Yet, after all these years, Goldberg doesn't appear to have learned one thing?

The best thing he offers is comedic relief. Some of the things he says are just so ridiculously stupid that they crack me up.

Kimbo> Rampage
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Usually I find his lack of knowledge of mma pretty amusing but this was just something out of left field even for Goldberg.

I don't understand how Goldberg STILL knows nothing about mma? He's there for every event, got front row seats... ummm, he calls the action lol. Yet, after all these years, Goldberg doesn't appear to have learned one thing?

The best thing he offers is comedic relief. Some of the things he says are just so ridiculously stupid that they crack me up.

It is amazing, it is like he hasnt gained much of any knowledge over the years. I honestly think he is very disinterested and it is not his passion, he is always flapping his gums about how he wanted to be a hockey commentator.

Yes, it pisses you off most of the time, but i can be very funny as well.

SimpleJack
10-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Really? I dont like Gus, But mike has been a thorn in the UFC's side since day one.

I disagree.

He has a solid voice and introduces things well. I think you're missing the point of having him as an announcer. He is there to keep the conversation moving by making statements and allowing Rogan to interject knowledge. Unfortunately, sometimes he makes absurd statements when he gets excited or runs out of bullet points.

On his worst day, I'd still rather hear him than Gus Johnson. I still like Kenny Rice and Michael Schiavello a little more, but the UFC has a solid announcing team.

Kimbo> Rampage
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I disagree.

He has a solid voice and introduces things well. I think you're missing the point of having him as an announcer. He is there to keep the conversation moving by making statements and allowing Rogan to interject knowledge. Unfortunately, sometimes he makes absurd statements when he gets excited or runs out of bullet points.

On his worst day, I'd still rather hear him than Gus Johnson. I still like Kenny Rice and Michael Schiavello a little more, but the UFC has a solid announcing team.

That is his Job, he has a good voice for TV, but you cannot discount all of the errors and goofs he makes, that is also part of his job... to look competent. I have not seen anyone even come close to him in any other major sport. He was a failed Hockey announcer...

KevoOnTheRadio
10-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't have a problem with him. Then again, I usually don't listen to much of the commentary.

SimpleJack
10-10-2011, 09:10 PM
That is his Job, he has a good voice for TV, but you cannot discount all of the errors and goofs he makes, that is also part of his job... to look competent. I have not seen anyone even come close to him in any other major sport. He was a failed Hockey announcer...

Then you don't watch other sports.

Magic Johnson is miles worse and doesn't speak English.

Tim McCarver....need I even say?

Merchant...Have you ever even listened to him?

Kimbo> Rampage
10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Then you don't watch other sports.

Magic Johnson is miles worse and doesn't speak English.

Tim McCarver....need I even say?

Merchant...Have you ever even listened to him?

Thats all I watch on TV. Im a huge NFL fan, watch more than just the Lions, as many good games as I can. A decent NBA fan and sometimes Baseball.

Its not that nothing stupid is ever said. Its what the thread said, its as though he hasnt learned much at all over all his time in the sport. He leans one thing and keeps going back to it.

Magic Johnson may know a few things about how the game of basketball is played...:grinsmile1: He doesnt speak english?:confusedsmilie:

Yes Larry Merchant is also a horrible commentator, you dont ever hear anything good said about him. He needed to be gone a long time ago as well.

Trodden
10-11-2011, 12:17 AM
I say they hire Bob Uecker.

MIZjitsZOU
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
I like Goldie for all the mistakes he makes. Its fun watching to see when he will screw something up. He does have a good voice, and is a great set up to Rogan. I used to read Josh Rossen and he would always phrase Goldberg's errors in a funny way. Anyone know what happened to Rossen. (This is my first post, it has taken me like two freakin years to figure out how to post. I feel like I know you guys, anyways HI!)

lwbrewer
10-13-2011, 04:15 PM
He's got a good voice and he speaks well to the fans who call this UFC fighting.lol.

Luc1an
10-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Goldie does say some retarted shit sometimes but i think after all these years it wouldnt be the same hearing someone elses voice.

beau420
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
One stupid Goldberg comment....that's all it takes.

I do believe he could get up to around 190 before he starts his training camp.

It would be nice if they also weighed fighters before they came to the ring....or on the Harley Davidson zone (where they grease the fighter and check him before entering the ring)

My guess is Frankie was only outweighed by about 10-15 pounds at most in the octagon.

Trodden
10-14-2011, 05:27 AM
maybe Joe and Eddie Bravo got Goldberg to start smoking

it looks like he's upped his munchie intake