PDA

View Full Version : MMANews draft league is open

Trodden
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
MMA News Forums - MMANews Fantasy League (http://www.mmanews.com/forums/groups/mmanews-fantasy-league.html)

I tried to invite all I could think off

if I didnt invite you, your invited now

first picks are monday the 24th, if you want to join later you can, there will be fewer fighters to go around

join anytime, leave anytime

next large draft/ trade season Jan 1

small trades can happen at will

its really simple, but will explain more if needed

do your homework and look for fighters fighting between now and Jan first, or they can't earn you points

MIZjitsZOU
10-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Trodden-
I am in, but I am confused on what we are playing for. I read the rules, but are we just playing for fun, sig bets, not monetary gains right (i have had to call 1800bets off 10 times (i am kidding) but...) How do we do the Monday draft? I work until at least 4:15 central. Do we have a time set to start drafting?

Trodden
10-20-2011, 02:52 PM
yeah

were playing for bragging rights, nick/av/sig bets, and just to get deeper into the sport

it forces us to pay as much attention as we want to build our picks of fighters

I'm not putting any money on the line, but I can't stop anyone

the main goal to win is to show that you can see what fighters are capable of to get you the most points

its just for fun, its not recommended for people with gambling problems

I just got tired of other fantasy games that are seasonal, and its hard to get a new roster if you want

when our draft/trade season starts, you can get a whole new roster

the picks go like this

on sunday, who ever had joined the group, I'll pick names at random, Ill go last

Ill put the order of picks in a discussion in the group

whoever goes first lists each weight class (UFC weight classes) and their pick
all weight classes at one time

155- this guy
170 - that guy

on down the list
the 2nd place cant pick until first place picks

then the second round, and then we wait for sunday's fights, and Ill post rankings the following monday

hope that was clear

any more Q's?

Trodden
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I just re-read your post and missed something the first time

the draft doesn't have a time limit

I'll post the order monday morning, second place picks after first, and on down the list

the PPV is saturday night, so picks should (hopefully be done by saturday at say 7 pm EST

thats almost a week worth of time

just remember about focusing on ALL fight cards between now and Jan first(ish)

if you have a lot of points, and don't have a fighter you want or are a big fan of, you can trade points for a position in the draft, or to offer a trade

focus on guys who will get you a lot of points before draft - trade season

with 17 players (as of now) we can all get 2-4 fighters, so we'll have plenty of chances to get a lot of points

but a week of time should work, right?

MIZjitsZOU
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah the week is plenty of time. Are we just doing UFC fights, or can we do Bellator/final big Strikeforce card, or are all orgs welcome? Sorry for all the questions, and I don't have a gambling problem (not one that I will admit to anyways).

Trodden
10-20-2011, 11:54 PM
dont worry about too many questions

i tried as hard as possible to keep it simple, and we can change it as we go

I just posted a list of all events with fighters

any pro org

Upcoming MMA Events | MMARising.com (http://www.mmarising.com/events/)