PDA

View Full Version : Gsp vs. Chael Sonnen

CtGreat
10-23-2011, 07:04 PM
As much as I dont like Chael, I do like him as a fighter, and I think he would give GSP a hell of a fight

Kimbo> Rampage
10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
That is a good fight, but of course Sonnen is a MW.

He would rush GSP, GSP wouldnt be able to get much done standing. I see both of them being able to take the other down. Chael has great takedowns but not the best TDD. It all depends on who gets the takedowns first. It could go either way.

MMAtt
10-24-2011, 08:45 AM
I GET IT! This is a "dream" match because of the likelihood of this being a snoozefest

macewen
10-24-2011, 08:49 AM
I GET IT! This is a "dream" match because of the likelihood of this being a snoozefest

snooze fest? chael always works when he fights, and i bet u just say that cuz ur still bitter about GSP spanking penn...and NO, penn didnt win the first fight at all. and dont even bring up greasegate, cuz honestly...do u think it would have made a difference? Didnt in the first fight, and penn only lasted an extra rd in the second ha...ha...ha

MMAtt
10-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't remember a spanking, I remember BJ winning the first fight and GSP getting caught on live TV blatently cheating in the 2nd fight, but way to bring up something totally off topic

Masscore
10-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Anyway, back to topic...

Sonnen is just too big for GSP. GSP may have a better overall skill set but at the end of the day Sonnen is an animal of a wrestler that would have about a 20 pound advantage in weight when they fought. He would take GSP down with little effort and then pound him out until he got a decision or a TKO win.

They are both arguably the best MMA wrestlers in the world but the size difference is too much for GSP to make up.

disposableassassin
10-24-2011, 11:46 AM
i second that! chael and GSP are the best wrestlers in MMA today and the size difference would def be too much for GSP.

The_Icon
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I think this might be a better fight than GSP vs Silva honestly (I think Silva destroys GSP) but I'm with pretty much everyone else. Chaels size would be to much for GSP and he takes him down pretty easily here. GSP might hold his own on the feet but I don't see this fight staying there very long.

Kimbo> Rampage
10-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Would Grease and TRT be allowed?

:grinsmile1:

KevoOnTheRadio
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Yea, but GSP better put it on his legs. Only way he's avoiding a double leg.

Masscore
10-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Wrestlers don't like to grease up. Remember they are the ones going for takedowns. Its a lot harder to take some one down when you are greasy as hell. And yes I know you are joking or poking fun at "greasegate" but I figured I would just like to punch a whole in the logic of all the grease fans out there.

As for TRT, only if Hendo is fighting.

MMAtt
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Wrestlers don't like to grease up. Remember they are the ones going for takedowns. Its a lot harder to take some one down when you are greasy as hell. And yes I know you are joking or poking fun at "greasegate" but I figured I would just like to punch a whole in the logic of all the grease fans out there.

As for TRT, only if Hendo is fighting.

But grease up and down his back and sides wouldn't help him when someone is trying to use a high guard or go for any submissions? GSP didn't get his hands or arms greasy just up and down his back and we all know bjs best chance of winning that fight was a submission or sweep from the bottom

Masscore
10-25-2011, 01:38 PM
But grease up and down his back and sides wouldn't help him when someone is trying to use a high guard or go for any submissions? GSP didn't get his hands or arms greasy just up and down his back and we all know bjs best chance of winning that fight was a submission or sweep from the bottom

One little touch by his corner in plain sight did not cause GSP's back and legs to be greasy. You have to remember the corner man who did it (Phil Nurse I believe) did not even know he was going to be in charge of the vasaline until he was ring side.

Greasegate is such a dead issue its not even funny anymore. GSP was never fined or found guilty of anything its just a way for people who do not like him to try and take away what he has done. This is not like the TRT thing with Sonnen who was caught red handed. GSP was never even charged outside of BJ Penn's mom trying to file a complaint with NSAC.

So unless GSP gets caught greasing then guess what... he is not a greaser and let the issue die.

Kimbo> Rampage
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Yea, but GSP better put it on his legs. Only way he's avoiding a double leg.

Yes, its a good way to avoid the double leg. Put Vaseline on the back of your legs.

Either make sure neither cheats or let them both do it.

Let GSP bathe in a tub of grease and let Sonnen go crazy with his "therapy":grinsmile1:

Masscore
10-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes, its a good way to avoid the double leg. Put Vaseline on the back of your legs.

Either make sure neither cheats or let them both do it.

Let GSP bathe in a tub of grease and let Sonnen go crazy with his "therapy":grinsmile1:

Once again... GSP has never been caught cheating. If he has please show me where he has been suspended because I missed it.

Until GSP is caught cheating you have no grounds to call him a cheater. Thats like me calling Anderson Silva a cheater because he took some advil before he fought Okami.

Kimbo> Rampage
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Once again... GSP has never been caught cheating. If he has please show me where he has been suspended because I missed it.

Until GSP is caught cheating you have no grounds to call him a cheater. Thats like me calling Anderson Silva a cheater because he took some advil before he fought Okami.

He wasnt, but his corner was. There was that whole hearing with NSAC and everything... not that the AC is known to be competent.

Sakara=Excitement
10-25-2011, 02:35 PM

Not to mention the COUNTLESS times Anderson has taken the grease off his face, and rubbed on across his chest, shoulders, and arms.

Masscore
10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
He wasnt, but his corner was. There was that whole hearing with NSAC and everything... not that the AC is known to be competent.

They weren't caught cheating, they were caught making a mistake. Once again, Phil Nurse did not know he was going to be in charge of applying the vasaline until he got to the cage. He made an honest mistake that was caught right away and wiped off.

Get over it please. It has been nearly 2 years and beaten to death.

And yes out of all the ACs out there, the NSAC is the one that is competent. I think you are thinking of the CSAC who time and time again have fucked up big time.

dmc_tim
11-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Chael Sonnen by what ever the heck he wants......besides triangle choke lol

IceCold48
11-25-2011, 02:47 AM
i think gsp wakes the fuck up after being beat up a little bit and eventually scrambles to get on top and hitt an armbar.

FCK
11-25-2011, 01:03 PM
i think gsp wakes the fuck up after being beat up a little bit and eventually scrambles to get on top and hitt an armbar.

Suggesting GSP was massaged to sleep by Sonnen's pillow fist?

I agree.

goodtimes
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Size is the biggest unknown here, but skills against skills GSP runs away with it. GSP has looked massive lately, he's really done a good job with his weight training and I think if he can get it to carry over to 185 he wins easily.

Y2JUBAE
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
GSP would take this with little problems. Chael has great take downs and shitty sub defense. What a crazy combination lol.

roaddawg
09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
That is a good fight, but of course Sonnen is a MW.

He would rush GSP, GSP wouldnt be able to get much done standing. I see both of them being able to take the other down. Chael has great takedowns but not the best TDD. It all depends on who gets the takedowns first. It could go either way.

Chael would likely get submitted by GSP.

Kimbo> Rampage
09-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Chael would likely get submitted by GSP.

GSP easily takes anyone down south of 205 imo... He can definitely get Sonnen down... The only problem for him is that Chael always looks for the takedown. Even against grapplers and fighters you'd think he wouldnt mind standing with, sometimes to his downfall...

His game is always just to push forward and get the takedown, he is willing to take some shots to get inside... I do see him being able to get GSP down, he has the skill as well as some good size/strength on GSP.

nice ass btw, you got to come in from the side every now and then. good find.

No question GSP could sub Chael if he was on top, but we havent seen GSP defending off of his back in a while. Im sure Sonnen has been working on his sub defense as well...

It would actually be a fight I would look forward to seeing.... Even if it wouldnt be the most exciting, it would be interesting to see how it played out.

Rise
09-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Just straight up skills GSP wins easily. Take Chaels size advantage out of the mix and he has nothing he does better then GSP. At best his takedowns are just as good but GSP's takedown defense is way better.

The size difference makes it a closer match though I could still see GSP winning by sub or close decision.