PDA

View Full Version : MMANews Fantasy Draft Order

Trodden
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
heres the order for draft picking

six rounds of two picks each turn

any weight class, no fighters used twice (except DF's)

just so we don't close out a weight class, for the first two rounds, pick fighters in different weight classes

you can announce your designated fighters at any time, trades can happen as soon as the last picks are announced, but you DF's are locked in until the next draft/trade

now to the good stuff, what the winners get

everyones been asking whats at stake, so here it is

by default, I am in "first" place

we'll start rankings after the the UFC on saturday (BJ vs Nick), third and second place get an extra DF, and bragging rights. first place gets four DF's, is the tie breaker in deadlocked votes over new rules, first place gets to introduce new votes on rules, and the bragging rights of having the strongest roster of fighters

bribes can happen like crazy, if you want a vote your way, new or old rules changed, you can offer first place points, or a trade they want

when its draft/trade, last place can drop any two fighters, and pick up any two unpicked fighters, and up the rankings to first place

don't worry about locking in your fav fighters, if their not fighting soon, they can't earn you points, and if you have a lot of points, you can pretty much trade for whoever you want

remember, titles aren't defended a lot, and HW's don't fight as often as lighter weights, so Clay, Pettis, Bendo, will get you more points then Brock, JDS, Mir, etc

the chat group has a 1000 character limit, so we'll post picks here, in turn, and I'll update the pick discussion in the group

I'm saving a TXT file with our info, and will send it to whoever wants a copy

its as east as copy/pasting

here's the draft order, first place goes, second can't post until first goes, name you DF's any time

to make it easy to keep track of, post your point total in your sig or status

good luck guys, I'll PM you when its your turn

6 rounds of picks, lets try and finish this before saturday

oh yeah, all trades must be announced and posted in the group within FOUR hours of the start of the event, or they will not be recognized

here goes, picked at random

#1 singinKangarooo

#2 LordPyro

#3 Rampage9712

#4 Masscore

#5 Gingerwarrior

#6 Omega1

#7 Trodden

#8 Beardown98

good luck everyone

if you want a fighter, after you named your two, name a *wish* fighter, if someone wants a fighter you picked, they can pick the fighter you want, and then trade for one you already picked.

so do it like this

Trodden
Frankie Edgar
Ben Henderson
DF's Clay Guida, Kenny Florian *wish* BJ Penn

if you want to get a fighter, but are hoping for one that will probably get picked, announce what you want, then maybe someone will get that guy, then trade on monday after rankings are announced (for example)

and Q's let me know

Rodzilla's up first

Trodden
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
pick any fighters for any of these events, focus on sooner ones, since we'll probably have a draft/trade in a week of two, to get everyone used to it

October 29 UFC 137: “Penn vs Diaz”
October 29 Bellator Fighting Championships 56

November 5 UFC 138: “Leben vs Munoz”
November 12 Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 45
November 12 UFC On FOX 1: “Velasquez vs dos Santos”
November Bellator Fighting Championships 57
November 18 Strikeforce Challengers 20
November 19 UFC 139: “Shogun vs Hendo”
November 19 Bellator Fighting Championships 58
November 26 Bellator Fighting Championships 59

December 3 The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale
December 10 Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 46
December 10 UFC 140
December 17 Jewels: “17th Ring”
December 17 Strikeforce: “Melendez vs Masvidal”
December 30 UFC 141: “Lesnar vs Overeem”

KevoOnTheRadio
10-24-2011, 02:08 PM
I apologize, but I'm going to have to step out of this one. I've got computer issues out the ass and I don't want to hold up the process.

Trodden
10-24-2011, 05:55 PM
thats cool, if you want, after picks are done, pick who you want, before the PPV, and I'll count 'em

0mega1
10-24-2011, 06:04 PM
so where do I go to make my pics? is it under noob jack?

Trodden
10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
yeah, you're right before me in order.

I'll start a discussion with the picks when people start making them. we have until saturday to make our picks. I'll PM you when its your turn. with a lot of people at work now, the picks probably won't start really going till the early evening

but you'll get your turn, I won't count someone's picks if its not their turn

Trodden
10-24-2011, 09:21 PM
oh yeah, post the picks in this thread, in case that wasn't clear

MIZjitsZOU
10-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Ok, so when we pick we pick two fighters of any weight class, correct? How do we know if they are already picked? I read through but didn't understand. How many people have picked?

Trodden
10-25-2011, 04:33 AM
none, picks are to be posted here

I drew names out of a hat and got rodzilla first. I'm going last to be fair

when its your turn, pick any two fighters who haven't been picked. I'll post a new discussion in the group with everyone's picks

we have until saturday really.

when its your turn, I'll PM you. I msg'd rodzilla, just waiting for him to pick

Trodden
10-25-2011, 01:05 PM
well if rodzilla doesnt get a chance to make his picks, we'll be forced to go onto singinKangarooo for first picks

MIZjitsZOU
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Trodden, do we get to keep our picks. Say we pick Cain V. and he fights on UFC on Fox. Do we get him for his next fight automatically?

Sorry if it mentions it above I re-read it and did not see it. :)

Trodden
10-25-2011, 02:10 PM
when you pick any fighter, he is yours until you give him up

you can trade whoever, however, as long as both people agree, within 4 hours of the start of the event where the fighters you are trading are fighting

when its the next draft/trade, lowest points go first, on up to first place

when its your turn in draft trade, you can drop whoever you want, and pick any unpicked fighter.

its just a way to get rid of someone after they fight, so you can get people who have a fight before the NEXT draft trade

if you want to pick 12 guys, and never change them, you can, but you only get points from fights that happen, so it makes sense to drop fighters after they fight, to get new ones with fights coming up

singinkangaroooo
10-25-2011, 02:45 PM
just let me know when i should pick..

Trodden
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
rodzila hasnt been on in a few days, so I guess we should get this moving

I'll let rodzilla pick before me, so go for it singinkangaro

pick any two fighters, any weight classes, and pick your DF's (which can be used by more then one person, to substitute an injured fighter, or whoever)

LordPyro is up next

start us off singinkangaroo

you can pick your DF's ant anytime, but you can't trade them or change them until the next draft/trade, which will probably be in a week or two,

I'm thinking having them on the first of every month

singinkangaroooo
10-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Ill take GSP and Cain and my DF will be Clay Guida

that look right?

Trodden
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
perfect, but everyone gets at least 2 DF's, and you can change them until your last pick, so don't worry

GSP and Cain, down

LordPyro is up

lordpyro
10-25-2011, 04:47 PM
John Jones & Nick Diaz,
DF - Donald Cerrone, Chris Leben

Kimbo> Rampage
10-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Lyoto and BJ.

Bendo and Overeem

Trodden
10-25-2011, 05:41 PM
nice on the Leben DF, I'm grabbin him

Masscore is up next

Masscore
10-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Hendo and Fitch

DF - Siver and Bowles

Trodden
10-25-2011, 06:03 PM
pashak is next

0mega1
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
damn it! how did i get screwed to the end... bummer.

Trodden
10-25-2011, 06:09 PM
i wrote everyones name down, then put them in a hat and did it random

but since we had to start over rodzilla (who was first), if he still wants to play, he'll be #18, and Kevo bowed out, even though he can pick a lineup after were done, if he wants

so right now you're up the ladder a bit

but being in the lower ranks is good, because you'll have the first crack at unpicked fighters, new fighters, trades, and bribes

Trodden
10-25-2011, 09:16 PM
I work nights, 10 pm to 7 am PST, so I'm off to bed. once Pashak has selected, just go on down the list, and I'll be back in the morning

MIZjitsZOU
10-26-2011, 04:29 AM
Trodden, I am real sorry, but I have question on the designated fighter. We can all pick two, and each one of us could have the same two fighters? I this correct.

MIZjitsZOU
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Can I pick for Pashak? If so, I pick Fedor and Big Nog and Pashak's DF will be Cro cop. God help us if they put together a Fedor vs Cro cop/Big Nog 2 on 1 match in Moscow.

Trodden
10-26-2011, 02:27 PM
yeah, the DF's work like this

anyone can have any DF. we could all have the same DF's

there purpose is to fill in for a fighter

lets say you picked Diaz, but think he's going to lose, or he's injured, can't make weight, visa issues, whatever, he won't get you points

you can use your DF in place (provided they have a fight to score points on) like the designated hitter

only exceptions are, if its substance abuse, then you can't use a DF in place

they must be announced via post before the PPV starts, and you can't trade them, but can pick whoever you want in the next draft/trade, which will be frequent

so your DF"s should be guys who have upcoming fights, or often have fast turn around times.

If Pashak doesn't pick by this afternoon, we'll go on, and Pashak can pick before me

ATTN to Everyone!

If you still want to play, before the PPV starts, post your (un)picked fighters, and I'll put you in the running

Kevo can still participate if he wants

Trodden
10-26-2011, 02:28 PM
its a good thing if your picks face each other, your promised points

Trodden
10-26-2011, 08:42 PM
I don't know if Pashak wants to play, but I guess we have to move on

Beardown98 is next

MIZjitsZOU
10-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Ok it is Thursday and only like four people have picked? Is anyone going to pick their fighters?

Trodden
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
New plan, if you want to play the game, for this round before the next draft

post here saying you want to play

all those who picked, those are still locked, but others are waiting to play

so if you havent picked, and want to play, post here, and Ill pick an order of those who want to

you'll have to log in at least a few times today and tomorrow to make your picks, but by 5pm PST today, the draft will move on

Gingerwarrior and omega1 are in it, and you two will most likely be next, but we must get this going.

thanks for your patience guys, and if you were missed or skipped, I am really sorry, and you WILL be able to play the game still

just post that your in, and will be able to log in to keep this moving, and Ill put a new order up, those that already picked will keep their position and picks

MIZjitsZOU
10-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I am officially, certainly in and ready to make some pics.

Trodden
10-27-2011, 11:19 PM
by the end of the day, you will sir

I'll give other people a couple of hours, and then we move on

whoever is picked before the start of the PPV will count

Trodden
10-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I flipped a coin

Ginger warrior, then Omega1, then me, if noone else

whenever you can Walter, I mean GingerWarrior

MIZjitsZOU
10-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Hooray!

I choose Rory "Ares" MacDonald and Gilbert Melendez

My Df's will be Ben Henderson and Martin Kampman

Sayonara

Trodden
10-28-2011, 01:48 AM
dont forget this is the first round and you can get up to 10 more fighters

Omega1 is next

Trodden
10-28-2011, 04:33 PM
if Omega1 hasn't picked before tonight, I'll go, and then we'll go to round 2, and if we have to finish while the PPV is starting, we will

If your going to be on for updates for UFC 136, you still have a chance to play

MIZjitsZOU
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I will be in the woods tomorrow killing things. Trodden, can I PM you some pics? I will be able to pick until about 5 P.M. tonight, then I am going commando until about 7PM tomorrow night at which time I will be drinking and enjoying fights.

edit--i mean picks!

Trodden
10-28-2011, 06:29 PM
yeah, give me a good list, in the order you want, and if their not picked, you can have em

0mega1
10-28-2011, 07:41 PM
my picks are:
Brock lesnar & Anderson Silva

DF: Martin Kampmann & Rashad Evans

MIZjitsZOU
10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Omega1, aren't we picking fighters that are fighting between now and January? Anderson Silva and Suga aren't scheduled to fight for a while. I could be mistaken.

Trodden
10-28-2011, 08:19 PM
yeah, you can lock anyone down, they just wont earn you points

plus we get 12 fighters (if we can get through 6 round before the PPV starts), but pick any active fighter

Trodden
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
my first round picks are

Donald Cerrone
Matt Mitirone

DF (Cain, Leben)

Trodden
10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
singinkangaroooo, its your turn for round 2 picks

pick any two fighters, or you can offer a trade for a fighter you want thats picked, for your position

if you pick, you can change you DF's if you want

beardown98
10-28-2011, 08:54 PM
sorry i'm a bit late
Eddie Alvarez, Wandy (god wand might be an awful pic but had to take him)

DF
Bendo, Bonnar

Trodden
10-28-2011, 08:56 PM
counted, sorry your place has to be after mine

singinkangaroo is next, first picks, round two

MIZjitsZOU
10-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Trodden, I am sending you a pm with my picks. Thanks for helping me out with this. I think I sent enough to get 12 more fighters. If not could you just give me anyone. Look forward to chatting with everyone after the fights. Go Cardinals.

Trodden
10-29-2011, 03:59 AM
got em

Trodden
10-29-2011, 07:35 AM
singinkangaroo is next in picks, and then on down the list.

I'll be on all day saturday, during and after the fights, so if you can't get on, PM me with a big list of fighters you want, in order, and if noone else picked em, you'll get them

singinkangaroooo
10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
ok so ill take Chael Sonnen and Big Country

Trodden
10-29-2011, 01:17 PM
LordPyro PM'd me and picked

Dos Santos
Cro Cop

Trodden
10-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Rampage9712 is up for round two picks

Trodden
10-29-2011, 01:18 PM
ok so ill take Chael Sonnen and Big Country

you also have a DF to pick. Guida is your only one, and you get 2

Trodden
10-29-2011, 05:32 PM
if you dont have time to post picks today, PM me a bunch of fighters, in order you want them, and I'll make sure you get who's available

I'm saving this all in a TXT file, for those who want a copy of everything so far

singinkangaroooo
10-29-2011, 07:43 PM
for my other DF ill take BJ Penn

MIZjitsZOU
10-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Trodden how are we doing? I say next time we just PM whoever is last and they go down the list making picks.

Trodden
10-30-2011, 12:39 AM
thats a good idea. we all got one round of picks, so I'll post what points are gained after the PPV

maybe monday or even sunday we can continue until we get all our fighters

the games new, so theres gonna be bugs

the draft (maybe monday) will be like 2 weeks long, so we'll make sure to get everyone

need a you know what?

if your a fantasy member, ask me

Trodden
10-30-2011, 03:16 AM
me and LordPyro and singinkangaroo are the only ones with 2 fighters fighting tonight

anyone down to start a new draft Monday, say spread it out a couple of weeks long

anyone on board?

MIZjitsZOU
10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Friends of Fantasy MMA. This is the poster formerly known as GingerWarrior. My screen name is now MIZJUDOZOU. When do picks resume? I feel bad for people who chose Cro cop and BJ, since they retired.

Trodden
10-30-2011, 08:52 PM
when your fighter announces retirement, a DF is thrown in their place auto

I got your info saved

I'm hoping we can get everyone on board for a new draft

I think if we shoot for before Nov 12 (Cain vs JDS) we can get it all going

so for all who want to start getting the draft going, post your say so here

Trodden
10-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Standings are up

I'm in first, then SinginKangaroo, then Lordpyro

so far

MIZjitsZOU
10-30-2011, 08:58 PM
I am ready to start. Does this mean we are starting over? Are the picks we already made set in stone, or are we starting fresh?

Trodden
10-31-2011, 01:22 AM
in stone

its like this

last place goes first, so you can drop any two fighters you already have, or pick up any 2 (if your roster isnt full), change your DF's, or offer a trade

trades will slow the draft, but they'll be a few weeks long, so we'll get thru em

lets say your first in the draft, I'm last

I have Anderson Silva, you want him

you can offer me a slot trade

I give you Anderson, and I get your position in the draft, I get three picks (to cover the one I lost), and you get my place in line, plus another pick

however, the slots reset after the round, so if the above situation happened, you would get one pick in last place, and then your slot back in first place

hope that was easy

you can also bet points, and offer points as a trade incentive

but your fighters you picked are yours, until you drop them or they die or retire

0mega1
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM
my next 2 picks: Munoz & Shogun

Trodden
10-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Masscore is next

Masscore
10-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Tito and Mir

DFs - hominick and Njokuani

Trodden
10-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Mir is taken, Tito is yours,

who else do you want Masscore?

for your DF's, you got Dennis Siver, Brian Bowles

are you changing both, or do you just want to drop Siver?

if so, just name who you want

but take someone in place of Mir

Trodden
10-31-2011, 11:04 PM
rampage9712 is after Masscore