PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasy Draft

Trodden
10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
there is an event Nov 5th, Leben Munoz, and Nov 12th, Cain JDS

I say we get the draft going and try and get done before the 5th, but if not, we shoot for the 12th

heres the draft order

#1 Beardown98

#2 Omega1

#3 Masscore

#4 Rampage9712

#5 MIZJUDOZOU

#6 Lordpyro

#7 SinginKangaroo

#8 Trodden

#9 kylewyzle2005

if you want to still play, post here, and you'll be added in the draft

all picks already made are in stone, but now we can fill our rosters and drop any fighters we want, do trades, change DF's etc

Beardown98 is up first, we have at least 2 weeks before the 12th, so I think we can get thru this

post your picks here, and on down the list

post any q's anyone has, if you want in the game, post here, and I'll include you in the draft

Trodden
10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
if you don think you'll be able to get one enough to participate, PM me a bunch of fighters (in the order you want them!) and I'll make sure you get the fighters you want, that aren't picked

beardown98
10-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Sorry i am if this is a stupid question but does our previous picks count or are we starting over?

If we are starting over i'll take cain, and lombard

DF alvarez, bendo

If we are not and first round picks are in already i'll take Mayhem and mir

Trodden
10-31-2011, 09:56 PM
the old picks count

Mayhem and Mir it is

Omega1 is next

pick 2, change your DF's, or offer a trade

MIZjitsZOU
11-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Are we posting picks in here now? I saw a couple of people are posting in the other thread as well. Do you have a copy of who everyone has picked so far, or are you just going back through the old thread? I am pretty sure at this point I have only picked two fighters.

Trodden
11-01-2011, 01:00 AM
MMA News Forums - MMANews Fantasy League (http://www.mmanews.com/forums/groups/mmanews-fantasy-league.html)

thats the link to the room

subscribe the chat group, its under "group tools" and the link will be on your user CP thing

all updates are there, I update the group as soon as a pick, or anything happens

post here or there, Ill PM you when its your turn,

Masscore picked Mir who was picked, so were waiting on him

make sure and check the group to see whos available before your selections

Trodden
11-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Masscore took Jacob Volkmann, the group was updated

Rampage9712

its your turn

MIZjitsZOU
11-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Trodden, can we pick people that fought last Saturday and get points for their fights that happened last Saturday. Or do we not get points for the last Saturday fight? Say I want Ben Askren, do I get his win last Saturday?

Trodden
11-01-2011, 03:56 AM
not now, but after we all get full rosters, we can vote on things, but then people will go after fighters that have already fought, and then shit will get to complicated

MIZjitsZOU
11-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Thank you Trodden. I appreciate the job you are doing as our head guy. Thanks for answering my dumb ass questions. I am enjoying this.

I don't play a lot of fantasy sports. Are we going after short term investments or long term? Do you think we could be conceivably going at this two years from now? I guess with trades we could be going after both long and short.

Thanks Trodden!

Oh and by the way burn my list I gave you. I will be on here to pick!

Trodden
11-01-2011, 05:22 AM
cool

there will be two sets of points

we'll have a long term point total, and one that resets every few months

that way we can know who's doing better recently, and those leading all time

its never a bother to answer questions, so dont worry

I dont mind doing the work. when it starts going, and everyone is used to it with regularity, there really wont be a head guy

just the top ranked 3, all time, and the recent point leader. they will have the say in voting on new rules, so the game can be customized to get everyone's say so in it

the only real work is keeping track of points, and I dont mind doing that

any questions, dont hesitate

Trodden
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
If Rampage9712 doesn't pick by Wed evening, MIZJUDOZOU will pick next

MIZjitsZOU
11-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Just give me the go ahead and I will pick!

Your new sig is creapier than your old sig Trodden.

Trodden
11-02-2011, 12:24 AM
its a long story about how I took a stand at my work, and wouldnt bend no matter what, so I had these too pictures of guys screaming, and willing to fight to the death, because they refused to live in a world any other way

now that people see I was right, someone made a remark about me getting power and becoming a dictator

it was a joke, but I just had to change the Ironside pic to fit the comment

I dont plan on keeping it long

MIZjitsZOU
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Whose turn is it?

Trodden
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
if rampage doesnt post two picks today, its yours

Q about your nick

Missouri Judo?
Missouri Sokoudjou?

dunno

but if page doesnt post by, say 2 pm PST, its your turn

I'd really like to get these picks done before Leben/Munoz

remember, if you want to sub a DF for a fighter, announce it in this thread, before the start of the PPV, and Ill count it

Trodden
11-03-2011, 12:16 AM
MIZJUDOZOU, go ahead and pick, offer a trade, change your DF's

your call

MIZjitsZOU
11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
if rampage doesnt post two picks today, its yours

Q about your nick

Missouri Judo?
Missouri Sokoudjou?

dunno

but if page doesnt post by, say 2 pm PST, its your turn

I'd really like to get these picks done before Leben/Munoz

remember, if you want to sub a DF for a fighter, announce it in this thread, before the start of the PPV, and Ill count it

Check the Name Thread would be the jack ass response. My name is MIZJUZOZOU becuase I live in Columbia MO and love the Tigers and because I train Judo at Mid Missouri Judo. It is a play on words and if you can tell me what the English category (ex Haiku, allegory, simile...) I would be impressed, because I have no clue what it is. I am going to call it a similalitygory until one of you smarty pants tell what it really is. Trodden, good day to you sir.

And I will pick when I get home!

Trodden
11-03-2011, 12:27 AM
you may have another name, but I was taught it was a portmanteau (I may have mispelled that), I dont think its a compound though, I may be wrong

I'll be on all day, so pick when you can man.

MMA News Forums - MMANews Fantasy League (http://www.mmanews.com/forums/groups/mmanews-fantasy-league.html)

theres the link to the room to see how's been picked

Trodden
11-03-2011, 12:28 AM
LordPyro is after you, MizJudokai.....er MizJudoZou

MIZjitsZOU
11-03-2011, 02:23 AM
I want Gegard Mousasi and Hector Lombard for my second pics. I will leave my DF's the same for now.

Toodles

Trodden
11-03-2011, 02:44 AM
LordPyro is next

MIZjitsZOU
11-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Trodden, I forget can we choose women fighters?

lordpyro
11-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Nate Diaz, Shogun
DF - Cris Cyborg

Trodden
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
SinginKangaroo is next with an extra DF

singinkangaroooo
11-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Chris Leben
The Dominator Cruz

and for my other DF ill take Thiago Alves but can i get rid of BJ and make that Kampmann?

Trodden
11-04-2011, 01:57 AM
yes. if a fighter announces retirement, gets injured to where their career is over, dies, or something happens were they are no longer "active", you can replace them, if their not picked, as soon as you can

if an event happens, a fighter you had, retires or whatever, and you dont get to announce a replacement, I'll automatically put a DF in their place (the ONLY case in which points can be added retro-actively, provided you DF had a fight in between drafts), and the DF points will count

and you can change DF's at ANY point in the draft. post it, and Ill change it

Trodden
11-04-2011, 02:04 AM
damn I really wanted Leben.

for my turn, I drop Matt Mitirone, replace him with Terry Etim

add Munoz and Thiago Alves as DF's

and I grab Clay Guida, and Ben Henderson

gotta love promised points

Trodden
11-04-2011, 02:06 AM
beardown98 is next

MIZjitsZOU
11-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Trodden, did you answer my question about if we can draft women fighters?

Trodden
11-04-2011, 04:17 AM
I apologize for missing it

but yes you can

ANY active MMA PRO Fighter

after we get everyone with full rosters, we'll vote on things, such as making the rules for players more specific, but I'm cool with women as draft prospects

but remember, the only power in the game is rank, top 3, top recent

I want to introduce a vote on an expanded roster, say 3-4 non MMA contact fighters

boxing, kick boxing, as long as its considered PRO

if I missed any questions, I am sorry, and its never a bother to explain something

MIZjitsZOU
11-04-2011, 04:24 AM
I am fine with an expanded combat roster.

beardown98
11-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Martin Kampmann, Ryan Bader

DF Gilbert Melendez

Trodden
11-04-2011, 04:53 AM
are you replacing gilbert for someone?

Omega1 is next

beardown98
11-04-2011, 06:15 AM

Omega1 is next

Nevermind the DF i thought i needed one more

MIZjitsZOU
11-04-2011, 02:49 PM
damn I really wanted Leben.

for my turn, I drop Matt Mitirone, replace him with Terry Etim

add Munoz and Thiago Alves as DF's

and I grab Clay Guida, and Ben Henderson

gotta love promised points

Trodden,
How did you drop Matt Mitrione? I thought we had to have our fighters until January (the next official draft).

Trodden
11-04-2011, 09:57 PM
since the draft is on going, because we havent been able to fill our rosters yet, after a fighter fights, you can drop them on your turn

your never forced to keep anyone

if that was the last round in the draft, it wouldnt count

but the draft rules here are similar, not exactly like, but similar to fantasy baseball

I used that as a guideline, since we dont have a full ranking yet to establish votes

but during a set draft period, you can change your pitching rotation on your fantasy team, if that pitcher has pitched

for this, if your fighter has fought, its during a draft, its your turn, (or even if they haven't fought) you can drop any 2 fighters

since our rosters arent full, we need to get to the full 12 so trades and a good chance at getting points are possible

so if your roster isnt full, its your turn, you get to pick, up to any 2 fighters

lets say we all had full rosters, and the new draft/trade was after Leben/Munoz

when its your turn, you can drop any 2, offer a trade, or change your DF's

if its your turn, and your roster isnt full, you can drop/change any 2 (as is the point of the draft/trade), and still get to pick 2 to get towards your full roster

if thats confusing, I can try again, but I work nights and just woke up

MIZjitsZOU
11-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Trodden,

So would it be smart of me to pick some fighters that fight on Munoz vs Leben and then drop them if they lose? I think I am thinking long term here with my picks. Don't worry about explaining it, either way I am enjoying this, and it is not a big deal.

But I am loading up on fighters who I feel I want long term.

Thanks for explaining.

0mega1
11-05-2011, 12:49 AM

Omega1 is next

Anthony Pettis & Stephan Bonnar

Trodden
11-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Trodden,

So would it be smart of me to pick some fighters that fight on Munoz vs Leben and then drop them if they lose? I think I am thinking long term here with my picks. Don't worry about explaining it, either way I am enjoying this, and it is not a big deal.

But I am loading up on fighters who I feel I want long term.

Thanks for explaining.

it wouldnt hurt you, but since the draft isnt finalized yet, you have time to grab one or two (or change a DF, activate them, and change after) to get some points.

the best plan is to get a few long term, some that fight soon that you can use for trades, but also guys that fight a lot

it doesnt seem like we'll get done before the 12th, so that only means a month of a locked in roster

it won't be strictly on Jan first (next draft), a lot of that depends on who's in first before then

first place can put forward a vote for a new draft period.

the strategy is yours, which is why I used a picture of the sun

its all about perspective.

we can all say we could put together a camp of fighters destined for greatness, but its all relative

just like the color of the sun

what color is the sun

not yellow, but white

perspective tells us our truth, but evidence tells the real story

thats the point of this game

Trodden
11-05-2011, 07:06 AM
also, if it wasnt clear about meathead

your turn in the draft is not one move only

EVERY turn, you can change your DF's. then drop any 2 fighters, and pick up any two fighters, or offer a trade

if your stable of fighters isn't at least 12, you ALSO can pick up 2 more fighters

since this may not have been clear, and were in the dead middle of the draft, we can do 3 drops, this time only

grab any 2, change your DF's, offer a trade, AND/OR drop any 3 and pick up any unpicked fighters

sorry if that wasnt clear before

Trodden
11-05-2011, 03:11 PM
in case I dont get another chance today, I'm going to activate Leben, in place of Cerrone

if you want to have a DF's points count, post it here, before the event starts, and Ill count em

MIZjitsZOU
11-05-2011, 04:24 PM
also, if it wasnt clear about meathead

your turn in the draft is not one move only

EVERY turn, you can change your DF's. then drop any 2 fighters, and pick up any two fighters, or offer a trade

if your stable of fighters isn't at least 12, you ALSO can pick up 2 more fighters

since this may not have been clear, and were in the dead middle of the draft, we can do 3 drops, this time only

grab any 2, change your DF's, offer a trade, AND/OR drop any 3 and pick up any unpicked fighters

sorry if that wasnt clear before

:confusedsmilie: Wa wa wa Confusion is a dangerous drug. Oh wait I think I mean cocaine.

I want to put Munoz in for Kampman as my DF and I want to activate him as well. Trodden would you like any points bets (future from me) or a sig bet on this Munoz Leben fight?

MIZjitsZOU
11-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Whose draft turn is it? Did Rampage ever show back up?

Edit* Masscore I am a huge Hendo fan if you ever want to trade, before the upcoming fight.

Trodden
11-05-2011, 04:50 PM
:confusedsmilie: Wa wa wa Confusion is a dangerous drug. Oh wait I think I mean cocaine.

I want to put Munoz in for Kampman as my DF and I want to activate him as well. Trodden would you like any points bets (future from me) or a sig bet on this Munoz Leben fight?

if there was some confusing parts, I will elaborate.

your turn in the draft, you can drop any two and pick up any 2 unpicked on your turn, or offer a trade, and change your DF's at any time

with an unfilled roster, you also get 2 picks

when our rosters are full, drafts/trades will be a short affair

your turn, you can change 2, or offer a trade, or just say pass

we will probably go thru the order once or twice

draft/trades will mostly function as a chance to vote on new rules

I'm down for a sig bet, I got Leben

I'm totally down for point bets, but that will be more exciting when we get a few more

It'll be like poker. you could be in dead last, then one point bet and you could be in first, and have the power of introducing new votes, and being the tie-breaker

2 week sig bet, although a disclaimer!

I cant change Sakara's quote until after Fedor/Monson

I really want to see what happens

MIZjitsZOU
11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Eh, its ok Trodden we don't have to do a sig bet (fedor fight isn't for over two more weeks).

No more explaining today please, my tiny ginger brain can not handle any more.

lordpyro
11-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I want to activate Leben in place of Cro Cop.

Masscore
11-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Wilcox and Santos

DF:

Bendo and Mir

Trodden
11-06-2011, 06:06 AM
rampage is next, but might not show,

so if Rampage doesnt pick by sunday night, its all MIZJUDOZOU

MIZjitsZOU
11-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Trodden, what is a DF?

What's a Nubian?

J/k

MIZjitsZOU
11-06-2011, 11:45 PM
At what time can I go ahead and pick? I have a date starting Friday-Monday with the woods. Gun deer season starts Saturday, so I need to get some picks in before that.

MIZjitsZOU
11-07-2011, 04:42 AM
Ok I am going ahead and picking. I am going to choose Fedor Emelianenko (he has to be do, right? I mean he is fighting in Russia for fucks sake). For my second pick I am going to take Chris Wiedman.

Trodden
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Trodden, what is a DF?

What's a Nubian?

J/k

black rage! black rage!

Trodden
11-07-2011, 07:36 AM
got em

lordpyro
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Cung Le & Rick Story

Trodden
11-08-2011, 05:49 AM
SinginKangaroo is next

singinkangaroooo
11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Josh Koscheck
Miguel Torres

Trodden
11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I take

Jeff Monson
Frankie Edgar

everyone welcome our newest player kylewyzle2005, and this is still open to everyone

MIZjitsZOU
11-10-2011, 01:50 AM
I take

Jeff Monson
Frankie Edgar

everyone welcome our newest player kylewyzle2005, and this is still open to everyone

Your taking Monson against Fedor in Russia. Is Monson like the anarchist version of Rocky B?

Who is next?

MIZjitsZOU
11-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Trodden I definitely want some sort of bet with you for the fedor monson fight!

Trodden
11-10-2011, 04:30 AM
you got it

kylewyzle2005 is next, new entry in the draft

I dont think Monson will flat out take Fedor, but I think Jeff is hungrier, and Fedor might be looking for a last good win, where Jeff might be looking to relaunch his career

either way, I have a better chance of getting points, then if I picked a guy who wont fight till like the summer or something

I figured Edgar would be a good pick up for a trade in the future

Trodden
11-10-2011, 07:20 PM
if kylewyzle2005 doesnt pick today, beardown98 can go

MIZjitsZOU
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Trodden,
I will be PM'ing you some picks (not that this slow train will come my way). It is opening weekend of rifle season, so I will only be out of the woods to watch ufc on fox, and possibly the pac man.

Peace from mizjugio

beardown98
11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Stun Gun Kim, Mark Hominick

Trodden
11-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Omega1 is next

0mega1
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Brian Bowles and Tom lawlor.

MIZjitsZOU
11-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Trodden I am back. Please throw away my picks and I will pick when it is my turn.

Trodden
11-14-2011, 10:47 PM
masscore is up

MIZjitsZOU
11-16-2011, 05:08 AM
How many more rounds do we got before we have a full roster? Will we get there before hendo vs shogun?

Trodden
11-16-2011, 02:33 PM
im trying. still waiting on masscore.

2 more rounds and most will have full rosters, and then those that joined late will be able to fill theirs

were almost done and Im hoping to get there before hendo/shogun

MIZjitsZOU
11-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Can we get some picks in before the Sat. fights? I have two picks that I thought I would be able to get in. It has been 11 days since I picked.......You would think being a teacher of special education that I would have learned some sort of coping mechanism for lack of patience, but not so much.

Note: Sorry for whining.

Trodden
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
dont be. I msg'd masscore twice. if he doesnt pick by today (7 pm PST, should be enough time to go) its your turn

I think rampage is dead or something. I guess we can recycle his picks

kylewyzle2005
11-17-2011, 03:07 PM
trodden did you get my picks? i sent them to you about 4 days ago

Trodden
11-17-2011, 03:30 PM
yeah, heres the group link

go to group tools on the group discussions thing, and click on subscribe

then go to your usercp where a link will be until you unsubscribe

I posted you and your picks. your turns after mine, sadly.

but you will get to get a full roster, I promise you

Trodden
11-18-2011, 12:06 AM
go ahead and pick MIZJUDOZOU

MIZjitsZOU
11-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I want Ronda Rousey (I need a Judoka on my team and go girl power) and for my second pic I choose Patricky (Pitbull) Friere (the 155 Friere brother).

Trodden
11-18-2011, 01:23 AM
cool

LordPyro's up

lordpyro
11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Diego Sanchez & Krzysztof Soszynski

Trodden
11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
SinginKangaroo is next

singinkangaroooo
11-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Mighty Mouse
Gray Maynard

can i change my df from BJ to Hendo or do i have to drop some1 else?

Trodden
11-18-2011, 06:24 PM
no

df changes can happen at any time in the draft, your turn or not

its just a chance to post it where everyone can see

Trodden
11-18-2011, 06:32 PM
I take

Urijah Faber
Lyoto Machida

kylewyzle2005 is next

MIZjitsZOU
11-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Trodden, I will probably not be on until Sunday. If it becomes my turn to pick then please use the picks that I just PM's you. Thanks as always. Godspeed.

RonPaulForPeace
11-19-2011, 02:24 AM
hows this work here? id like to get involved

Trodden
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
we all geet 12 fighters, for now and 2 df's (3rd and 4th get an extra, first place gets 2 extra) that serve as substitutions for a fighter

for example if they missed weight, or test positive for something, then their points wont count, and you can sub them in

since we havent finished the draft, Ive been counting DF points, but when its done you'll have to announce them

when its your turn, you can change any 2, or offer a trade

during anytime in the draft, you can change you df's, but only then

also if its your turn you can pick 2 if your roster isnt full

heres the link to the group

click on subscribe on the group tools icon, and the link will be in your userCP

just make sure to check in until the draft is done, or you will be skipped after a day or two

when rosters are full, drafts will be short, but we have yet to finish, because not everyone can get on when they want

never hesitate to ask Q's

there will be 2 point totals, over all, and draft to draft point leaders, who will also get an extra df

pick fighters that fight often and finish fights to get the most points

I got Cerrone, his fight put me in first place, and is already fighting on Dec 10th

JDS won his last fight, but wont be earning anyone points for a while

remember, if their not fighting soon, they cant earn you points, and first place pretty much runs the game

were waiting on kylewyzle2005, then your turn

Trodden
11-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Kyle takes

ben askren
phil davis

beardown is next. almost done guys!

Trodden
11-21-2011, 06:49 PM
New Fantasy Rankings

#1 MIZJUDOZOU 46 points
#2 Trodden 36 points
#3 SinginKangaroo 34 points
#4 Omega1 29 points
#5 Beardown98 27 points
#6 Lordpyro 15 points
#7 Masscore 12 points

beardown98
11-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Alexander Gustafsson and Jake Shields

0mega1
11-21-2011, 11:31 PM
tony ferguson & Lil Nog

MIZjitsZOU
11-21-2011, 11:50 PM
New Fantasy Rankings

#1 Trodden 36 points
#2 SinginKangaroo 34 points
#3 Omega1 29 points
#4 Beardown98 27 points
#5 tie
MIZJUDOZOU 15 points
Lordpyro 15 points
#6 Masscore 12 points

Trodden, not sure how many points you get for a fight, but I had fedor with decision, ronda rousey with armbar, chris weidman with darce choke, and hector lombard with second round tko.

If I counted correctly just that is 31?

Trodden
11-22-2011, 12:19 AM
oh damn.

Im sorry man, I totally forgot weidman and lombard!

sorry man. my screw up. been real busy with work and havent slept much lately.

Ill fix it

Trodden
11-22-2011, 12:28 AM
crap. with the df points you got, your in first place now!

good job man. just goes to show how fast rankings can change

with first you get 2 extra df's, we got at least one more round before the draft is over, but you can change them whenever

those without full rosters, when everyone is done, will go round and round till their done

when everyone's roster is full, the draft is over, then, whos ever in first place gets to say when the next draft is

MIZjitsZOU
11-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Is it Masscore's turn? Or is it my turn?

Trodden
11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
masscore

I think I sent him a pm

MIZjitsZOU
11-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Trodden are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?

Trodden
11-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Im going to PM masscore again

were still waiting on him

we should finish before Bisbing/Mayhem

MIZjitsZOU
11-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Trodden, I will gladly take a win plus KO for Patricky Pitbull Frieres fight!

Trodden
11-28-2011, 03:17 AM
damn man, your killing everyone

good job

if masscore doesnt pick by monday night, your turn walter

Trodden
11-29-2011, 04:32 AM
your turn MIZJUDOZOU

MIZjitsZOU
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I take Chan Sung Jung (Korean Zombie) and Daniel Cormier.

You said I get two extra DF's for leading (correct). I will take Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar as my extra DF's.

Rory MaCdonald is out of his fight on Dec. 10 so I will have to put someone in for him. How does that work? Do I just pick which DF I want instead?

If I can drop a DF then I would like to drop Munoz and put in Alexander Gustaffesen in his place.

Trodden
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
df's points dont generally count unless you announce a sub

but since we cant get the draft finished just yet, and you can change the df's at any time when the draft is open, I've been counting them

but since you're in first (with a bullet), you get 2 extra's, and can ALSO change any existing with your picks, as well as drop and change any two

dont forget

all turns in the draft function as a way to offer a trade, or drop any 2 and change them

you also can change DF's

but if your roster isnt full, you ALSO get to pick 2 more

LordPyro is up

nice Cormier pick, btw

lordpyro
11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Matyushenko
Brian Ebersole

Trodden
12-01-2011, 12:45 AM
singinkangaroo is next

singinkangaroooo
12-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Yves Edwards
Yves Jabouin

power of the yves

change my DF from Guida to Mayhem

Trodden
12-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Ill take

George Sotiropoulus
A Overeem

drop Monson and take Anthony Johnson

kylewyzle2005 is up

kylewyzle2005
12-01-2011, 02:41 PM
ill take rousimar palhares(mw) and edson barboza(lw) and if i get 2 more picks since im behind, ill also take vinny malhagaes(lhw) and patrick barry(hw)

Trodden
12-02-2011, 03:48 PM
as long as noone else objects (say if someone wanted those last 2 you named) you can take em

dont forget kyle, you need 2 DF's

any Q's, post em here

any Q's at all

post you DF picks here too

Beardown98 is next

Trodden
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
and please, if I miss giving your fighter due points, please let me know

beardown98
12-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Rashad evans and Diego nunes

Trodden
12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
cant believe Rashad went unpicked

omega1 is next

beardown98
12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah I had t check to make sure of it

Trodden
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
omega1 takes Igor Pokrajac & Johnny Hendricks

masscore's next

MIZjitsZOU
12-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Is Masscore still playing? I feel like he has not picked for a while.

Trodden
12-07-2011, 08:36 AM
if he doesnt pick by wednesday, we'll move on

maybe he doesnt want anymore players?

Ive pm'd a bunch of times and skipped him once

you alive Masscore?

Trodden
12-09-2011, 08:36 AM
ok MIZJUDOZOU, your turn

remember if its your last 2, last chance to drop anyone

you have until the last draft picks to change you DF's

MIZjitsZOU
12-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't wont to drop anyone. My fighters came to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and they're all out of bubble gum (trodden do you know that quote?).

I pick: Jimi Manuwa and Chad "gravedigger" Griggs

I need Jonny "bones" Jones to do his DF thing for Rory "Ares" McDonald.

Trodden
12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
got it

was the quote 'They Live'?

Trodden
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
LordPyro is next

MIZjitsZOU
12-10-2011, 12:52 AM
got it

was the quote 'They Live'?

Yes it was sir, you never fail to disappoint.

MIZjitsZOU
12-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Well to continue my domination you can add the (spoilers)........................if only my betting skills were this good, which they are not.

MIZjitsZOU
12-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Oh i am sorry, I also forgot (spoiler) won by ko as well. :)

I took out names, so as not to spoil it for anyone, but on the reals I have three more wins, two ko's, and one sub.

MIZjitsZOU
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Trodden, I think you owe me 26 points. Jimi M got a tko, Jon Jones (who df'd for rory) got a sub, and korean zombie got a ko.

When do I get my trophy for greatest fantasy MMA player of all time?

Trodden
12-13-2011, 08:10 PM
check you points to see if I missed any

waiting on LordPyro

new rankings will be up as soon as I find out I didnt miss anyone

MIZjitsZOU
12-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Trodden when do I get to start reaping the benefits from my domination?

Trodden
12-16-2011, 02:16 AM
the moment the draft is over, or all players say their done picking

then first place starts pulling strings

first place picks the next draft/trade date

new rule ideas for votes

if someone wants a rule introduced, changed, point scoring system changed, etc

they have to bribe first place, if whoever's in first doesnt care for the vote

etc

kylewyzle2005
12-16-2011, 02:26 PM
who's up next? i have lots of picks in mind

Trodden
12-16-2011, 05:04 PM
were waiting on LordPyro

Trodden
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
if LordPyro doesnt pick today

its SinginKangaroos turn

MIZjitsZOU
12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Trodden, I need points for Gegard and Melendez.

Trodden
12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
ill put em up in the morning

on my way to work, and had a hectic weekend

let me know if I missed anyone else

kylewyzle2005
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
is it my turn yet

singinkangaroooo
12-19-2011, 09:22 PM
ill take nam Phan and the Young Assassin Melvin Guillard...

im gonna drop my DF Mayhem and add Brock

Trodden
12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
ok

I drop Machida and Guida

and change with Manny Gamburyan, Efrain Escudero

and grab Danny Castillo and Junior Assuncao

lost position so I have to change my DF's to Fitch and Brock

kylewyzle2005 is next

kylewyzle2005
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Stanislav Nedkov - LHW
Dave Herman - HW
Papy Abedi - WW
Coros Fodor - LW

Trodden
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
kylewyzle2005

dont forget to get 2 DF's

were all done, except Masscore still doesnt have a full roster

next ufc PPV is dec 30th, new rankings take effect, and first picks a new draft date and new rules, if any

MIZjitsZOU
12-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Trodden, who is in first? I kid, I kid. If I win my first rule will be for you to put "penis envy" in your status.

When we have a new draft do we keep our fighters? Do we keep so many, and then get new ones? I want to keep at least some of my boys (or girls).

Trodden you are the best MMA fantasy player ever:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/triumph-triumph-insult-comic-dog-poop-demotivational-poster-1212027667.jpg

Trodden I hope you enjoy some friendly smack talk. I mean no disrespect, just having fun. You are a great guy and a great poster, for me to poop on, ok I quit I am kidding, I have had a few beers.

Trodden
12-21-2011, 05:36 AM
no problem

I said bragging rights are part of the game

first place can set a vote on new rules

more players

get rid of DF's, more DF's

points for TD's or whatever

and remember, I got a lot of my team getting ready to fight, so its still early

just be careful that two or more people dont band together, and trade some players and points to dethrone an unjust ruler

trades can happen at anytime

but there are no rules establishing what goes on in trades

fighters for fighters only

no more then 3 people in a group trade

all trades must involve exchange of points to alter rankings

etc

this game is just starting

Im down for adding more fighters, but remember, getting everyone to pick fast isnt always possible

now when its the next draft

you can change 2, (also add 2 if new rules say so)

change DF's

or say skip

so we go until everyones done, which wont be more then a few rounds really

I say we get drafts every 40 days, or every 3-4 major events, etc

and, oh yeah, your in first

whoopie

:)

jk, congrats

and may I say master, that I can be used to round up the others

kylewyzle2005
12-21-2011, 05:53 PM
for my DF's, ill take Jon Jones and Fedor

Trodden
12-21-2011, 06:07 PM
nice

so as soon as masscore fills his roster, were all done picking

new rankings and first place title reign after Dec 30th

good luck

mma #1 fan
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM
i wish my IQ would let me play i just don't know how

Trodden
12-30-2011, 07:29 AM
you have a chance right now!

give me 12 fighters who arent picked

MMA News Forums - Fantasy Picks (http://www.mmanews.com/forums/groups/mmanews-fantasy-league-d12-fantasy-picks.html)

and 2 fighters who can be anyone, who are subbed when a guy is injured or cant fight

we call em DF (designated fighters)

post your picks here, and Ill put em up, and they'll count as long as its before the start of the PPV.

try and get as many fighters as you can who are fighting friday

MIZJUDOZOU will probably be in first place, so this weekend Ill update the first official rankings, and then the game really starts

first place picks the next draft date and new rules

we all vote on what rules take effect, but first place really controls the game

although we can gang up and unseat first place with point trades, so an unjust ruler wont last long

but MIZJUDOZOU will be fair I think

post me 12 unpicked picks, and any 2 other fighters (picked or not)

good luck

anyone else wants to play, do the same