PDA

View Full Version : Best Boxer P4P of the 90s?

Afro
01-11-2007, 04:45 AM
Who ruled the 90s?

Salvy_Mic
01-11-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm a huge De La Hoya fan, and he's definitely a top 5 P4P in the 90s, but I'd say honestly that the real #1 is Roy Jones Jr. I'm also tempted to vote for Bernard Hopkins, but his true legacy wasn't made until the 2000s, and after he beat Trinidad. Not only that, but Jones beat Hopkins, which does place him above.

Top 5:
1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Felix Trinidad
3. Oscar De La Hoya
4. Julio Cesar Chavez
5. Lennox Lewis

Punk Ass
01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
1 Roy Jones

2 de la hoya

3 B Hop

4 Shane Mosley

5 Trinidad

Wanted to put lenox Lewis in there but he just wasn't the best P4P. Hard to chose between the last 4 but I think DLH could beat BHop if they were the same weight class. And DLH beat Mosley IMO in the last fight. Trinidad was too one dimensional but if he hit you it was over.

Salvy_Mic
01-12-2007, 09:02 AM
I rank Trinidad above De La Hoya (painfully, I might add) simply because he's got an official win over Oscar, even though Oscar was robbed, IMO. And like I said, I'd love to put B-Hop in the top 5 there also, but honestly, he didn't become truly significant until the 2000s, when he became the first undisputed Middleweight Champion since Marvin Hagler.

Luis Cruz
01-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I went with....

1.Oscar Delahoya

2. Roy Jones Jr.

3. Felix Trinidad

4. Bernard Hopkins

5. Shane Mosely

I picked Oscar because of competition he faced, he took on everyone. I won't put Felix on top of him because of that suspect decision. I also won't argue with anyone who puts Roy on top, that was a tough pick between them two because Roy dismantle all his opponents including decisive wins over Hopkins and Toney...hell i'm changing my mind now talking about it. lol

Punk Ass
01-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I rank Trinidad above De La Hoya (painfully, I might add) simply because he's got an official win over Oscar, even though Oscar was robbed, IMO. And like I said, I'd love to put B-Hop in the top 5 there also, but honestly, he didn't become truly significant until the 2000s, when he became the first undisputed Middleweight Champion since Marvin Hagler.

The reason why B Hop didn't become significant is because he didn't get the fights. He cleaned out his division but never went up in weight. He was just lucky enough to have a few little well known fighters moving up in weight.

Anyone seen his fights with Antwun Echols?? Those were wars!!!

Afro
01-12-2007, 05:01 PM
There was a point and time where I felt Roy Jones would NEVER get defeated.. man those were the days! and the thing with boxing is there is talent in the lower divisions, maybe not another Roy Jones but close but no one pays attention unless the HW division is atleast respectable.

liddell316
01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I voted Roy Jones Jr. But it's kind of sad how he was so amazing in the 90's and has fallen so far now.

JimmyMoore
01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
There was a point and time where I felt Roy Jones would NEVER get defeated.. man those were the days! and the thing with boxing is there is talent in the lower divisions, maybe not another Roy Jones but close but no one pays attention unless the HW division is atleast respectable.

Yeah, I gotta go with Roy. I remember thinking that exact same shit. He would just walk through people, and god that speed. He was so much fun to watch.

binimac
01-12-2007, 11:47 PM
gotta go with the real deal here fellas

Dork8503
01-14-2007, 02:48 AM
roy jones by far the best, and i dont think he is fallen that far he has 4 losses, 1 dq 1 des 2 ko, thats not bad seeing he has over 50 fights, but yeah he isnt the same man he once once nor even will be