PDA

View Full Version : Cardio machines?

AudieMurphy1
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
i've been thinking about getting something to do cardio on in my apartment, I dont want to spend a fortune and i have limited space as well. do you guys have any suggestions as to what my best options may be?

Alwaysbelieve1
01-11-2007, 07:34 PM
i've been thinking about getting something to do cardio on in my apartment, I dont want to spend a fortune and i have limited space as well. do you guys have any suggestions as to what my best options may be?

EBAY!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

1. If want to get something good go with a Concept2 Indoor Rower. It is very compacting for storage sake and will give you a better full-body cardio workout than any other machine.

2. The next I would get would be a treadmill because everyone can use one. Get one that folds up if you need to store it. You can get these pretty inexpensively these days.

3. Stay away from the bike as this does not provide high calorie burnage and is relatively easy for conditioning sake.

4. Stairmasters such as the StepMill is fantastic as well, but probably not for apartments. :)

AudieMurphy1
01-11-2007, 07:53 PM
EBAY!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

1. If want to get something good go with a Concept2 Indoor Rower. It is very compacting for storage sake and will give you a better full-body cardio workout than any other machine.

2. The next I would get would be a treadmill because everyone can use one. Get one that folds up if you need to store it. You can get these pretty inexpensively these days.

3. Stay away from the bike as this does not provide high calorie burnage and is relatively easy for conditioning sake.

4. Stairmasters such as the StepMill is fantastic as well, but probably not for apartments. :)

would the rower be ok to use on my upper body off days? you know days i allow for recovery?

Hypergit
01-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Jump rope

AudieMurphy1
01-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Jump rope

i use to do alot of that but i live in an upstairs apartment, I cant jump rope in my appartment

Clint
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM
An elliptical machine is nice for a lower impact but HIIT is tougher to do on it.

What kind of cardio are you going to be doing mostly HIIT, Long Distance, or both?

KENO5366
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM
This might be to loud for an apartment to but try getting a punching bag. I have the kind that has a base on the ground you just fill with water. If you hit the big serious its a great cardio workout.

Legend
01-12-2007, 04:51 AM
A folding treadmill is your best option imo.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-12-2007, 04:52 AM
would the rower be ok to use on my upper body off days? you know days i allow for recovery?

Absolutely! I do and recover just fine. :)

Elliptical machines are quite weak in the respect of extreme cardio and intense interval training.

AudieMurphy1
01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Absolutely! I do and recover just fine. :)

Elliptical machines are quite weak in the respect of extreme cardio and intense interval training.

thanks, i think i'm going to check one out this weekend

Alwaysbelieve1
01-12-2007, 07:03 PM
thanks, i think i'm going to check one out this weekend

No prob! Anytime! :)

ozzy2525
01-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Yea man the Rower is fucking great I went to the Gym and 1 day and I just tryed it and after 500 Meters in 2:30 and I was really winded

strife
01-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I'd recommend a treadmill and do HIIT 3 times a week if you can spare the space.

AudieMurphy1
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I'd recommend a treadmill and do HIIT 3 times a week if you can spare the space.

unfortunately i do not have the space

Metalhead
01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Do you live near a gym or pool?

Alwaysbelieve1
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
unfortunately i do not have the space

Treadmills will actually provide the least amount of space. Mine folds up enough to slide into any closet and still have literally a ton of room. Then the rower is next in line for amount of space- these fold up too.

AudieMurphy1
01-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Do you live near a gym or pool?

i dont like gyms and i ant going swimming in 20 degree weather:grinsmile1:

strife
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
learn to like gyms...they aren't that bad.

AudieMurphy1
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
learn to like gyms...they aren't that bad.

not only do i enjoy the solitude while working out(gives me time to think and reflect and what not) but i'm also a cheap bastard

Metalhead
01-17-2007, 11:48 PM
not only do i enjoy the solitude while working out(gives me time to think and reflect and what not) but i'm also a cheap bastard

Makes sense, but seriously, so many people use cardio machines as a clothes rack or dust collector.

strife
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM

if you have an ipod or some other mp3 player bring it to the gym, ignore everyone else unless you need a spot....gets you in your own zone, it's what i do.

AudieMurphy1
01-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Makes sense, but seriously, so many people use cardio machines as a clothes rack or dust collector.

thats why i'm taking my time trying to find one that suits me best, i dont want to spend money on something i'm not going to use all the time

AudieMurphy1
01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
if you have an ipod or some other mp3 player bring it to the gym, ignore everyone else unless you need a spot....gets you in your own zone, it's what i do.

i have everything i need to work out in my apartment, except something for cardio, it also allows me to work out when ever i want with out ever having to leave my apartment, i can work out in the nude if i so please:devil: