PDA

View Full Version : Diego Nunes looks to humiliate Manny Gamburyan at UFC 141

Cat--Smasher
11-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Diego Nunes looks to humiliate Manny Gamburyan at UFC 141

Diego Nunes not only wants to defeat Manny Gamburyan at UFC 141 but wants to humiliate him when the two featherweights lock horns at UFC 141 according to tatame.com.

"It took a long time to happen, but now he can't escape: we'll be facing each other, and we're going to fight hard. I really wanted to fight him, to put an end to that attitude of his," Nunes said.

Nunes and Gamburyan were originally scheduled for UFC 135 but injuries to both men delayed their bout to UFC 141. Nunes cites Gamburyan's over confidence and overall "cocky" demeanor as his desire to fight the Armenian.

"It's not just me that don't like his attitude, everybody don't really like it. He and his team are cocky...Cocky people belong to the slag, humiliated, knocked down!" Nunes said.

Nunes also adds that he is positive that he can knockout or submit Gamburyan in their bout. Currently, Nunes continues to train at Nova Uniao with UFC featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, and UFC bantamweight fighter, Renan Barao.

"The trainings here are only getting better and better and I'm adjusting it. From now until the fight day, I'll invest on my techniques," Nunes said.

Nunes (16-2) will definitely need a win over "The Anvil" if he hopes to return to contender status. Nunes suffered a loss to Kenny Florian at UFC 131 in his last bout that derailed title aspirations, if only temporary. Prior to the Florian loss, Nunes was on a three fight winning streak that also included a win over Mike Brown.
Diego Nunes looks to humiliate Manny Gamburyan at UFC 141 (http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Diego-Nunes-looks-to-humiliate-Manny-Gamburyan-at-UFC-141.html)