PDA

View Full Version : Raw Eggs

BIG FLO
01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
What are the benefits of eating raw eggs? Is the protein from eating them raw, greater than protein from hardboiled eggs?? Are there any health risks from eating raw eggs? Do they help you to bulk up a lot?

Clint
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Don't do it. You get less protein because it is harder to digest and you risk getting salmonella poisoning.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Don't do it. You get less protein because it is harder to digest and you risk getting salmonella poisoning.

Agreed! And they are naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasty!!!!!!!!!

BIG FLO
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys. I know this may seem a little crazy but my only question is why do some people add raw eggs to their diet? For instance I was watching Hogan Knows Best the other night and right before hitting the gym Hogan had a few raw eggs...Would I be better off having hard boiled eggs and just eating the white? Right now I weigh about 185 and am looking to get to 200 by adding an extra 15 ibs. of muscle...Are hard boiled eggs a good weigh to gain some muscle mass?

Clint
01-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys. I know this may seem a little crazy but my only question is why do some people add raw eggs to their diet? For instance I was watching Hogan Knows Best the other night and right before hitting the gym Hogan had a few raw eggs...Would I be better off having hard boiled eggs and just eating the white? Right now I weigh about 185 and am looking to get to 200 by adding an extra 15 ibs. of muscle...Are hard boiled eggs a good weigh to gain some muscle mass?

It's an old bodybuilder thing. They just do it because they've seen other people do it.

Hard boiled eggs are a great choice for gaining. I would personally say eat 1 yolk for every 2 or 3 whites, depending on your calorie concerns (The yolks contain all sorts of important stuff but have quite a few calories)

Metalhead
01-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Remember when Rocky ate like 5 raw eggs at once?

I think it's an old school thing. But yeah, don't do it theres really no point.

BIG FLO
01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah i was rewatching the first Rocky and he wakes up and puts 5 eggs in a glass and drinks it all up. that's how i got the idea back in my mind to possibly start doing it but I think you guys have helped me make up my mind.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-13-2007, 05:53 AM
The biggest issue with raw eggs is the salmonella problem. If you get this you will be shooting explosive crap from all orfices for a week or more. You may even need to get hospitalized if it is bad enough.

When eating hardboiled eggs feel free to eat the yolks as a typical egg contains 3g of protein in the white and 3g in the yolk as well. The yolk is also good cholesterol and since it is protein calories it isn't as bad as getting carb cals if the rest of your diet is perfect. Yolks also contain lots of B-vitamines and iron. :)

Ubermensch
01-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Just reasearch the diffrence between Simple Proteins and Complex Proteins its that easy to understand why people do it. But the salmonella problem like Always said is a real good reason not to do it.

Ubermensch
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Just reread this whole thing First thing Yolks are Bad Cholesterol (LDL) and because a raw egg is a simple protein it is "Easier" to break down than cooked eggs and is a far better source of neutrience than one that has been cooked or Pasteurized ala egg beaters.

Clint
01-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Just reread this whole thing First thing Yolks are Bad Cholesterol (LDL) and because a raw egg is a simple protein it is "Easier" to break down than cooked eggs and is a far better source of neutrience than one that has been cooked or Pasteurized ala egg beaters.

Where are you getting this info? because it is contradictory to what I have always read. My understanding has always been that the egg whites are largely undigestable before being cooked because the glycoprotein avidin needs to be denatured before it is digestable.

Also the yolks have alot of important things in them (but are indeed high in fat and cholesterol) So typically you should only eat 1 yolk for every 2 or 3 whites.

Ubermensch
01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Where are you getting this info? because it is contradictory to what I have always read. My understanding has always been that the egg whites are largely undigestable before being cooked because the glycoprotein avidin needs to be denatured before it is digestable.

Also the yolks have alot of important things in them (but are indeed high in fat and cholesterol) So typically you should only eat 1 yolk for every 2 or 3 whites.

My friend who is a Bioengineer He is famous for doing some gene manipulation to make salmon grow all year round instead of sesonally and for creating Cyprus trees that grow in 5 years that would normally take 20 for paper making. he is always up on the latest in BioChem he also told me that a lot of people are mistaken about the cholesterol in Yolks being good because there was a study on "Children" that was done saying that the LDL had no adverse effects. Well I guess from what Russsell told me that the Lipids are more easily broken down as a youth and your body cant do it as well as we get older. And as for the Vitamins etc in yolk yes you ate totally right. But I am just going on what Russell said but I will take him as a keynoter over most people.

Clint
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
My friend who is a Bioengineer He is famous for doing some gene manipulation to make salmon grow all year round instead of sesonally and for creating Cyprus trees that grow in 5 years that would normally take 20 for paper making. he is always up on the latest in BioChem he also told me that a lot of people are mistaken about the cholesterol in Yolks being good because there was a study on "Children" that was done saying that the LDL had no adverse effects. Well I guess from what Russsell told me that the Lipids are more easily broken down as a youth and your body cant do it as well as we get older. And as for the Vitamins etc in yolk yes you ate totally right. But I am just going on what Russell said but I will take him as a keynoter over most people.

Seems reasonable