PDA

View Full Version : What's next for Antonio Tarver?

Dominus
01-14-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything about Antonio Tarver lately? I'm not huge into Boxing, but I'm interested is watching more. I've look on the net and all I find is old news and Rocky movie stuff.
If anyone has some info to share I would appreciate it.

Afro
01-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I dont care for Tarver so I say.. move up to HW!

Dominus
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I dont care for Tarver so I say.. move up to HW!
I was actually going to just PM you since you know your stuff. I guess it's better I didn't.

Dominus
01-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know a high quality Boxing news site?

Dork8503
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
i seen a interview with tarver not to long ago and he said he was fighting in a few months, i havent heard anything but thats the only news i have heard from him, i wanna say he said march or april

Dominus
01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
i seen a interview with tarver not to long ago and he said he was fighting in a few months, i havent heard anything but thats the only news i have heard from him, i wanna say he said march or april
Thanks for the info.

Salvy_Mic
01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I think Tarver's people are talking to Glen Johnson about a rubber match sometime this year, if Glen Johnson doesn't end up fighting Clinton Woods. I'm not sure though, so don't take me up on it. Anyway, www.maxboxing.com is a good boxing news site, as is espn.com's boxing section. Dan Rafael, the boxing guy for ESPN, is usually pretty welll-informed.

JimmyMoore
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
yeah.. maxboxing is a good one. You have to subscribe to get a lot of their stuff though. www.fightnews.com is another good one.

Punk Ass
01-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Tarver is probably really devastated! He need to peobably fight big fights for now on because nobody cares about him fighting Johnson and Woods. He should look to fight calzaghi even though he's bigger but if he wins that would put him somewhat back in the spotlight.

Salvy_Mic
01-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Maybe they'll care about him fighting Tomasz Adamek? Adamek looks like a star in the making, based off his two slugfests with Paul Briggs, and if he beats Chad Dawson, he can make a solid case for being the top Light Heavyweight in the world.

Punk Ass
01-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Maybe they'll care about him fighting Tomasz Adamek? Adamek looks like a star in the making, based off his two slugfests with Paul Briggs, and if he beats Chad Dawson, he can make a solid case for being the top Light Heavyweight in the world.

Can't say I know who the guy is and thats the problem. Unlike MMA, most boxers are not televised, let alone on a major network. Many boxers are very good but if the fans dont know them, it doesnt matter. RJJ barly had any recognition until he was the undesputed LHW champion and started on his Bum of the month campaign. B Hop was unknown until he beat Trinidad and he won about 19 strait fights all title defenses. I knew these guys from the begining of there career but have no idea who Adamek is :confusedsmilie:

If Tarver was to fight him, it's a lose lose situation. Tarver would be expected to win so it wouldn't be a big deal but if Adamek won, he would be catapulted into the lime light. Either way, Tarver makes no money until he fights someone well known.

Salvy_Mic
01-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Adamek's next fight is on Feb. 3, on Showtime, so chances are you won't see it because UFC 67 is that night also. His last fight was televised, though, and I think it was on the Peter/Toney I undercard.