PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

mmaoklahoma
01-15-2007, 02:12 AM
I weigh 255 right now at 6'5''. I want to drop to 220. What is the most healthy way to do this. Never been big on weight loss.

Clint
01-15-2007, 03:27 AM
First off what do you current diet and exercise regime look like?

strife
01-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Run and eat healthy, along with high-rep lifting

Alwaysbelieve1
01-15-2007, 05:22 AM
Run and eat healthy, along with high-rep lifting

Not necessarily. Running long term does nothing much by way of fat loss. Calorie loss- yes- but overall that can equate to muscle as well.

What I would recommend is 3-5x per week in the gym combining interval cardio training with circuit resistance training.

Eat 5-6 small & balanced(protein, fats, carbs & vitamins) each day. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water(not juice, coffee, soda, gatorade, or any other beverage) a day.

Take a whole food based multivitamin and be sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night as both of these are vital for recovery. We build about 75% of our muscle during sleep time. It is of the utmost necessity to any program.

Hope that helps and for much more info please visit my Alwaysbelieve1 Training Systems website at: www.alwaysbelieve1.com.

:wavesmile:

Clint
01-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Also read This:
http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=4155

Metalhead
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
My suggestion, even though it may cost a lot of money, is to invest in a good personal trainer for a few months. You can't put a price on losing weight and being healthy. I did this once for sport specific training and it was great.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-15-2007, 08:00 PM
My suggestion, even though it may cost a lot of money, is to invest in a good personal trainer for a few months. You can't put a price on losing weight and being healthy. I did this once for sport specific training and it was great.

I second this as being a Personal Trainer.

My job is making people successful in their fitness goals. I do this both in person and online every single day. I love what I do.

All of my programs- which are designed under my special AB1 Training System- are geared specifically toward the individual and that is what makes it perfect for anyone.

In the diet program I design- I provide meal planning, meal options, glycemic index charting, alkaline/acidic food lists, breakdowns of my client's entire physical needs according to their metabolism, and much, much more.

In the exercise program I design for my client's it provides a specific routine based upon their goals. It will take them through a 3 phase system in order to make their body strong & stable as well Elitely Conditioned.

I do my best to take the "guess-work" out of the story. I take full care of all my clients exclusively for training & nutrition.

I encourage you to read the FAQs on my forum (if you haven't done so already): www.alwaysbelieve1.com and then choose the FORUM page at the top right. The FAQs are in the Alwaysbelieve1.com sub-forum (the very first of the sections on my forum). There is a good bit of information there as well as throughout the other threads.

I want to add one more thing. Not all trainers are as thorough, dedicated, passionate at what they do and driven as I am. I encourage you to definitely do your homework before signing with one so that you make the right decision. At the gym I work it is great because the trainers don't sell and we have a Fitness Director do that. He/she then pairs the client with the best trainer for them by matching personality, trainer knowledge, experience and motivation level that would be best for both parties. Not all gyms function this way and that is why I encourage you to do your homework. Don't be scared off by that, but in fact inspired to observe and inquire all the trainers in your gym as well as area. I know I have great success with my E-Clients so you might even want to look into that. :)

All the best,

Bob

Afro
01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I've cut a ton of weight by joking 3-6 miles a day and eating in small portions, taking in atleast 8 gallons of water per day and doing a lot of toning exercises.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I've cut a ton of weight by joking 3-6 miles a day and eating in small portions, taking in atleast 8 gallons of water per day and doing a lot of toning exercises.

8 gallons huh? ;) At that point I'd be pissin my brains out. ;)

Afro
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
LOL I mean 1 gallon

liddell316
01-15-2007, 11:22 PM

Yeah I've lost over 20 pounds over the last few months doing the same.

strife
01-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Not necessarily. Running long term does nothing much by way of fat loss. Calorie loss- yes- but overall that can equate to muscle as well.

What I would recommend is 3-5x per week in the gym combining interval cardio training with circuit resistance training.

Eat 5-6 small & balanced(protein, fats, carbs & vitamins) each day. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water(not juice, coffee, soda, gatorade, or any other beverage) a day.

Take a whole food based multivitamin and be sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night as both of these are vital for recovery. We build about 75% of our muscle during sleep time. It is of the utmost necessity to any program.

Hope that helps and for much more info please visit my Alwaysbelieve1 Training Systems website at: www.alwaysbelieve1.com.

:wavesmile:

He gave a broad statement so I returned him one. He wasn't very specific about anything.

I also second drinking the water. At least a gallon a day and cut out all forms of soda, coffee, etc. if you are really serious. Just from this alone you will lose weight.

Haha...at 8 gallons you would be dead unless you were running a marathon the entire day. You would literally drown your cells and kill yourself.

Metalhead
01-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I second doing homework on getting a good personal trainer. Unfortuantly it's pretty damn easy for anybody to be a "certified personal trainer." Don't just go to your local rec centre gym and ask for a trainer.