PDA

View Full Version : UFC Pays fighters to Tweet

Y2JUBAE
12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
UFC offers bonuses under new Twitter policy : MMAPayout.com: The Business of MMA (http://mmapayout.com/2011/05/ufc-offers-bonuses-under-new-twitter-policy/)

At the conclusion of a full calendar year, the UFC will end up paying $240,000 a year to its fighters for their Twitter usage.

This is an older one but I don't remember seeing it. With all the complaints about how the UFC doesn't pay their fighters, I thought it was funny to see that they pay them for not even fight, but Tweeting!

Pasha K
12-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Simply pathetic!

How about if tomorrow I ask my boss to pay me much more money only because I am in facebook?
He would laugh and tell me that If I come drunk again he will simply fire me.

0mega1
12-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Simply pathetic!

How about if tomorrow I ask my boss to pay me much more money only because I am in facebook?

Well, if you were worth following maybe he would?:confusedsmilie:

These are professional athletes/ almost celebrities. The more twitter followers these fighters get, the more exposure the UFC gets. Its simple really.

MMA4EVERRR
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Simply pathetic!

I dont care for Twitter. I dont need to know what a fighter is doing every hour of their lives.

However, I'm sure there are fighters use Twitter effectively, by keeping their fan base informed of when and where they will fight, if they will be in the area to greet and sign autographs for locals, or even advertise whatever independent business they maybe running such as clothing, clubs, restaurants, etc...its basically free marketing, advertising, exposure of themselves to generate income on the side. They get the benefit to attach the UFC brand along with it (Free of cost) which further helps their exposure and they get a bonus from the UFC for doing that. Nothing wrong with any of it.

Pasha K
12-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, as if writing "My next fight will probably be in february. Don't forget the UFC fan Expo this weekend" is such a complicated thing and definitely needs to be rewarded with thousands of dollars.

If UFC loves so much to waste money because the fighters use Twitter, they can give them 1000 bucks per year and no more than that. With all the rest of the money they can hire new fighters, give a better salary to undercard fighters, improve their production etc etc. With all that money they can do tons of more useful things than to give away that money to fighters only because they use fucking Twitter.

There are Soccer players of teams such as Real Madrid or Barcelona that also use Twitter and Facebook and they post a lot and I have never heard that the club pays them more money because of that.

Seriously it is the easiest way in the world to gain money. It is much easier than all the stupid fake advs that appear in the Internet such as "Discover how a housewive makes 600 dollars an hour just completing random tests in Google". It is extremely idiotic.

Now read "Discover how fighters make 240,000 bucks a year just because they spend 3 minutes a day writing some stuff in Twitter", and it is TRUE!!!!!

rabidsponge
12-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Simply pathetic!

the difference with this pashak, is the UFC approached the fighters about this, not the fighters asking for money to tweet.

i do agree with your later points about better spending tho

Y2JUBAE
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Simply pathetic!

Why would you be angry at a fighter making some extra cash? I think it's a great thing the UFC is doing. Oh wait, I forgot, you hate the UFC and you bash them every chance you get no matter if they are right or wrong... YET, you fucking watch every show they put out you hypocrite! That is some slimy shit buddy.

Supe
12-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Why would you be angry at a fighter making some extra cash? I think it's a great thing the UFC is doing. Oh wait, I forgot, you hate the UFC and you bash them every chance you get no matter if they are right or wrong... YET, you fucking watch every show they put out you hypocrite! That is some slimy shit buddy.

Don't bother with this argument...its been done a million times with Pash. He loves to bash the fighter salaries, bash the twitter bonuses, bash Dana and his luck with friends, watch every UFC card but pay for none of it. I'll save you a headache and give you some advice...just ignore him on this topic. Most topics.

Y2JUBAE
12-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Don't bother with this argument...its been done a million times with Pash. He loves to bash the fighter salaries, bash the twitter bonuses, bash Dana and his luck with friends, watch every UFC card but pay for none of it. I'll save you a headache and give you some advice...just ignore him on this topic. Most topics.

Yea, I can see that. It wouldn't be as bad if he didn't watch every show they have. It's just the shittiest thing in the world to take/STEAL services from someone and then shit on them.

Pasha K
12-20-2011, 07:38 PM
LOL just for the record, I watch only 2 or 3 fights from every event. They are not PRIDE so it is not that they make cards where the 10 fights are so damn interesting.

One more time about me watching for free the events.

1.- We can watch any other sport for free. We have watched Football or Soccer games for free and we have said "This game is so boring, it sucks", and do not tell me that you have never done that. BTW Why we should pay about 1000 dollars per year to watch MMA when we can watch all other sports for free?

2.- I work saturdays in the evening, and when I return home some PPV already is having the main event. So what? I should pay 50 bucks just to watch the main event??
If they had the option "Pay per fight", for a very reasonable price (no more than 3 bucks) I would think about paying sometimes. But I am not paying 50 dollars just to watch one fight.

You like to pay 50 bucks everytime, fine, do it, it is your money so you ca do whatever you want.
However I can also do with my money whatever I want, and instead of paying it for a MMA event I can go and spend it in other things, then simply go to some torrent and download the event and watch the fights I want in HD.

And I am not going to spend time arguing about my "hate" towards the UFC. I don't like Dana White at all for many reasons, however I like UFC and many of their fighters, and if you read my posts in the PPV threads you will see that most of the time I praise the event and I say "oh this was a very nice fight, the second one was boring, but the main event was awesome".
Oh but sure, you just read what you want to read and you just remember what you want to remember.

But I do not care, I am not losing any sleep only because you think I am the biggest UFC hater in the world.

Y2JUBAE
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
LOL just for the record, I watch only 2 or 3 fights from every event. They are not PRIDE so it is not that they make cards where the 10 fights are so damn interesting.

One more time about me watching for free the events.

1.- We can watch any other sport for free. We have watched Football or Soccer games for free and we have said "This game is so boring, it sucks", and do not tell me that you have never done that. BTW Why we should pay about 1000 dollars per year to watch MMA when we can watch all other sports for free?

2.- I work saturdays in the evening, and when I return home some PPV already is having the main event. So what? I should pay 50 bucks just to watch the main event??
If they had the option "Pay per fight", for a very reasonable price (no more than 3 bucks) I would think about paying sometimes. But I am not paying 50 dollars just to watch one fight.

You like to pay 50 bucks everytime, fine, do it, it is your money so you ca do whatever you want.
However I can also do with my money whatever I want, and instead of paying it for a MMA event I can go and spend it in other things, then simply go to some torrent and download the event and watch the fights I want in HD.

And I am not going to spend time arguing about my "hate" towards the UFC. I don't like Dana White at all for many reasons, however I like UFC and many of their fighters, and if you read my posts in the PPV threads you will see that most of the time I praise the event and I say "oh this was a very nice fight, the second one was boring, but the main event was awesome".
Oh but sure, you just read what you want to read and you just remember what you want to remember.

But I do not care, I am not losing any sleep only because you think I am the biggest UFC hater in the world.

So the UFC should schedule their ppv's around your work schedule so that you don't steal them? LOL that's a first.