PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Pleads Guilty To Alberta Hunting Charge

Sakara=Excitement
12-23-2011, 09:27 PM
MMA News - Brock Lesnar Pleads Guilty To Alberta Hunting Charge (http://www.mmanews.com/news/90169)

The following is an excerpt from a new article from the Winnipeg Free Press:

Former UFC champion Brock Lesnar pleads guilty to Alberta hunting charge

MEDICINE HAT, Alta. - Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has admitted to a hunting infraction in southern Alberta.

A lawyer for the mixed martial arts star appeared in a Medicine Hat court and pleaded guilty on his client's behalf to improper tagging of an animal during a hunting trip in November 2010.

Lesnar was fined $1,725 and given a six-month hunting suspension.

Two other charges of leaving meat to rot and illegal possession of wildlife were dropped.

Lesnar, 34, was accused by fish and wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck but only packing the trophy head out.

The director of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society said it is considered unethical to leave edible meat in the field.

The former NCAA wrestling champion and pro wrestling star was charged along with a hunting guide.

beau420
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
This was on the mmanews.com page 3 days ago.

Not sure why it took this long for someone to make it a thread.

Glad he paid. Wonder if he will he will ever hire that guide again.

VimyRidge
12-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Brock is just a waste of space, I hope Overreem destroys him. There should be more than just a fine for that, he should get jail time. I see this in the same light as Vick's dog fighting.

MIZjitsZOU
12-23-2011, 10:41 PM

I bet that guide is not hired by Brock again.

I have seen Brock on a few hunting shows, and read a couple of interviews where he talks about his passion for hunting. He seems to genuinely love to hunt. I know how he feels, b/c I to have been hunting for most of my life.

I hope he keeps supporting hunting and outdoor activities, because we need as many advocates as we can get, b/c I want my kids to be able to hunt.

I am also glad this is solved, so it is not a distraction.

Brock if you are reading this, PM me. I got about 500 acres that we can hunt on. There is a cabin there. You can shoot whatever you want. I'll take the blame if the game wardens get involved. Or better yet, I will go hunting with you and be the fall guy if we get in trouble. How about New Zealand Red Stag hunting, hit me up Brock.

m1ckeykn0x
12-23-2011, 10:43 PM
What a waste of venison. I wish I had some right now.

MIZjitsZOU
12-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Brock is just a waste of space, I hope Overreem destroys him. There should be more than just a fine for that, he should get jail time. I see this in the same light as Vick's dog fighting.

Jail time for improper fixing of a tag?

:angry4:

Mike Vick (who paid his debt to society) was involved/instegator of a multi state gambling operation, who also was fighting dogs. Both of those are illegal.

Your analagy would be like me saying someone who pisses in public should get jail sentence, or someone jay walking, cmon man.

beau420
12-23-2011, 11:07 PM
What's weird is that it happened 1 year and 1 month after he came out and dissed on the Canadian health system.

It was probably less than a month after he lost to Cain.

Wonder if any of this will mess with Brock's visa. Probably not....it's not a domestic assault or anything.

Maybe he will stick with hunting in the States this year.

Last two trips he took to Canada he nearly died and got charged with a hunting infraction.

Leucoethiops
12-24-2011, 12:35 AM
How is the guide at fault for Brock shooting animals and leaving them to rot?

Do people not familiarize themselves with legisliation in jurisdictions outside their own?

MIZjitsZOU
12-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Lesnar, 34, was accused by fish and wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck but only packing the trophy head out.

Damn I missed this little tid bit of info in the article. If that is true then I take back my hunting offer to Mr. Lesnar. Eat what you shoot. At least he could have cut the back straps off.

MIZjitsZOU
12-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Former UFC champion Brock Lesnar pleads guilty to Alberta hunting charge - Winnipeg Free Press (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/breakingnews/ex-wwe-and-ultimate-fighting-champion-pleads-guilty-to-alberta-hunting-charge--135939443.html)

MEDICINE HAT, Alta. - Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has admitted to a hunting infraction in southern Alberta.

A lawyer for the mixed martial arts star appeared in a Medicine Hat court and pleaded guilty on his client's behalf to improper tagging of an animal during a hunting trip in November 2010.

Lesnar was fined $1,725 and given a six-month hunting suspension.

Two other charges of leaving meat to rot and illegal possession of wildlife were dropped.

The director of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society said it is considered unethical to leave edible meat in the field.

The former NCAA wrestling champion and pro wrestling star was charged along with a hunting guide.

A native of South Dakota who now makes his home in Minnesota, the six-foot-three 265-pound Lesnar regularly hunts in Canada.

Lesnar said in a statement released Tuesday that he was on a filmed hunt sponsored by Fusion Ammunition and guided by Trophy Hunters Alberta.

"In Alberta, Americans can't hunt without a licensed outfitter. The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules," he said.

"I had two deer tags for the trip which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that's all there is to it."

Lesnar said he has paid his fine and the matter is closed.

"It's the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their co-operation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can't wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt."

As far as the spoilage charge that was withdrawn, Lesnar said he couldn't bring deer meat back across the border.

"I trusted the outfitter to properly handle it. They are professionals and I understand it was handled appropriately."

His fighting career has twice been interrupted by diverticulitis, an intestinal disease. Lesnar returns to the cage Dec. 30 when he takes on Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in Las Vegas.

"I'm glad to put this behind me, so I can focus on my fight...December 30," he said.

(CHAT)

Note to readers: This is a corrected story. An earlier version said the hunting suspension was for one month.

This adds a little more to the story. I still don't think its write if they were just shooting animals and cutting their heads off. Could have donated the meat to someone, but those charges were dropped.

Supe
12-24-2011, 01:44 AM

Do people not familiarize themselves with legisliation in jurisdictions outside their own?

Isn't that the point of a guide? To know the local terrain, wildlife and rules? If I go on safari in gonna be very pissed if I eat some local plant life, get deathly ill and the guide says "dude that's poisonous...didn't you look into that before coming out here." The guides supposed to lnow the shit the out of towner doesn't

dudefella
12-24-2011, 01:48 AM

Seriously? I don't even hunt, and I think that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards. And that says a LOT. Big fuckin deal.. some maggots and wolves get an easy meal. Stinky if you stumble across it, tho.

Sakara=Excitement
12-24-2011, 02:02 AM

That's the guides JOB!! Holy crapstick, lol!

0mega1
12-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Former UFC champion Brock Lesnar pleads guilty to Alberta hunting charge - Winnipeg Free Press (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/breakingnews/ex-wwe-and-ultimate-fighting-champion-pleads-guilty-to-alberta-hunting-charge--135939443.html)

This adds a little more to the story. I still don't think its [right] if they were just shooting animals and cutting their heads off. Could have donated the meat to someone, but those charges were dropped.

Ya im not a fan trophy hunting/killing. I mean there is nothing wrong with taking its head but at least eat it or like you said; donate it.

VimyRidge
12-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Seriously? I don't even hunt, and I think that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards. And that says a LOT. Big fuckin deal.. some maggots and wolves get an easy meal. Stinky if you stumble across it, tho.

Dumbest thing? Shooting the animal for fun and taking it heads?

You don't hunt; I think most serious hunters would agree with me, what Brock did is just plain disrespectful and dishonourable.

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Fact is that the guy is rich and cannot eat meat anymore and he was cunty enough to cut the head off a kill and walk away. What more needs to be said?

lwbrewer
12-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Here we go going off the deep end without the full story imagine that. If Brock paid for a full guide than it's the guides fault. It's their job to get you in and everything out normally. Unless he just paid for the right to hunt on the property and was responsible to pack things out than it's Brocks fault. To compare this to Vick is beyond me. I don't support trophy head hunting, but their is some good comes from it predators get a meal, and adds nutrients to the soil. NOT SAYING IT"S JUSTIFIED TO DO IT, but some good does come from it.
Merry Christmas to all

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Here we go going off the deep end without the full story imagine that. If Brock paid for a full guide than it's the guides fault. It's their job to get you in and everything out normally. Unless he just paid for the right to hunt on the property and was responsible to pack things out than it's Brocks fault. To compare this to Vick is beyond me. I don't support trophy head hunting, but their is some good comes from it predators get a meal, and adds nutrients to the soil. NOT SAYING IT"S JUSTIFIED TO DO IT, but some good does come from it.
Merry Christmas to all

He was a cunt to leave flesh to rot instead of eating it. Blah blah blah you're a Brock Lesnar fan.

The guy could have delivered the animal to a soup kitchen and been heralded as a hero, instead he is a wealthy doucher.

lwbrewer
12-24-2011, 04:13 PM
He was a cunt to leave flesh to rot instead of eating it. Blah blah blah you're a Brock Lesnar fan.
BITE ME

If I paid a guide to get me in and my stuff out and I left him to take care of it. Ya then I put a lot of the blame on the guide. I've caped a few deer in the field so the hide didn't get messed up for the mount, while we drug the rest out.
As I stated earlier we don't know the full story to what really happened and I left the blame to either or both sides to what ever the real story was. Try reading my full post before you go off.

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 04:51 PM
The thing wrong with human beings don't take responsibility for their own actions (apparently if the guy has fanboys they won't let him either). Only reason why he paid his bill is because he has mad stacks not because he thinks what he did was wrong.

beau420
12-24-2011, 05:07 PM
BITE ME

If I paid a guide to get me in and my stuff out and I left him to take care of it. Ya then I put a lot of the blame on the guide. I've caped a few deer in the field so the hide didn't get messed up for the mount, while we drug the rest out.
As I stated earlier we don't know the full story to what really happened and I left the blame to either or both sides to what ever the real story was. Try reading my full post before you go off.

It's the guide's job to let Lesnar know the rules and take him on a trip.

First off, Brock should and most definitely did already know the rules. He bought tags to kill 2...he knows he should have had and used both tags.

None of us know exactly what went down, and unless the guide comes out and tells his complete side of the story, I don't think we will know. They only charged him with failing to tag. I am sure it was much worse.

I think I finally understand this:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/207/~/regulations-for-importing-meat-%2F-wild-game-products

Hunter harvested game birds (pheasant, quail, goose, etc.) or cervid carcasses (e.g. deer, moose, elk, caribou, etc.) from Canada are allowed entry when importers present to the Customs and Border Protection officer evidence such as a hunting license that the product is hunter harvested wild game. Hunter-harvested wild non-cervid animal (e.g. wild sheep, goats, or bison/buffalo, etc.) meat or carcasses, which must be eviscerated and head removed, are allowed when the hunter shows to CBP officers a hunting license, tag, or equivalent.

So, it the reason he got in trouble is he killed 2 deer...only tagged one...removed their heads....bagged their meat....brought them to the border...they checked the animals and tags. They only found 1 tag and 2 dead animals and all their meat. So he had to leave one....and it's meat.

Then it was up to Alberta to charge him with not having a tag and throwing away half his meat....then the guide came out and told authorities he only tagged one of the animals.

That is the problem.

Not as big and issue as I thought. Glad they dropped the other charges.

Sounds like he followed all the rules, except for actually using that second tag....I wonder who actually has that second tag? Was it in Brock's pocket once he got to the border? I bet it was in Brock's possession and not in the Guide's.

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 05:16 PM
The charge is for leaving behind a rotting carcass. I am sure that the hunter would know that it's wrong to leave a carcass to rot in the forest rather than take it with them.

lwbrewer
12-24-2011, 05:20 PM
The thing wrong with human beings don't take responsibility for their own actions (apparently if the guy has fanboys they won't let him either). Only reason why he paid his bill is because he has mad stacks not because he thinks what he did was wrong.

I agree people need to take responsibility for their actions. But if you truly would of READ what I said you would of noticed I didn't say he was right or wrong or to what degree. I've spent over 20 years in law enforcement and the one thing I know for sure is theirs 2 sides of every story and almost never is one side completely right.
Now you assume just because he has money

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree people need to take responsibility for their actions. But if you truly would of READ what I said you would of noticed I didn't say he was right or wrong or to what degree. I've spent over 20 years in law enforcement and the one thing I know for sure is theirs 2 sides of every story and almost never is one side completely right.
Now you assume just because he has money

I assume it is because he cares not for what he does nor does he care for the reprecussions and for how the charges of what he did are laid out. You ass. :laughing4:

hurt80
12-24-2011, 07:25 PM

when someone hunts in a place where they are not familiar with local hunting laws they hire a guide for this reason. not all fault is on the guide but that is a big part of a hunting guide's job. however i'm sure this wasnt brocks first hunting trip to canada and at the end of the day brock is the one that did the deed and its ultimatly his responsibility to make sure he is following proper hunting and tagging procedures. IMHO both are at fault

lwbrewer
12-24-2011, 07:53 PM
So, it the reason he got in trouble is he killed 2 deer...only tagged one...removed their heads....bagged their meat....brought them to the border...they checked the animals and tags. They only found 1 tag and 2 dead animals and all their meat. So he had to leave one....and it's meat.

Then it was up to Alberta to charge him with not having a tag and throwing away half his meat....then the guide came out and told authorities he only tagged one of the animals.

That is the problem.

Not as big and issue as I thought. Glad they dropped the other charges.

Sounds like he followed all the rules, except for actually using that second tag....I wonder who actually has that second tag? Was it in Brock's pocket once he got to the border? I bet it was in Brock's possession and not in the Guide's.

Degenero The charge is for leaving behind a rotting carcass. I am sure that the hunter would know that it's wrong to leave a carcass to rot in the forest rather than take it with them.

So if you read what Beau wrote it's not in the forest and he didn't leave it behind until he couldn't legally couldn't take it any further. I'll stop their and keep it simple for ya. So now you can throw some more swear words at me to prove your point:deadhorse:

Sakara=Excitement
12-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I assume it is because he cares not for what he does nor does he care for the reprecussions and for how the charges of what he did are laid out. You ass. :laughing4:

Yeah well congrats on making yourself look like an asshole who doesn't read the entire story. Check out Beau's post unless you want to continue to sound like a broke dick who's mad at people for making money.

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 08:03 PM
LoL.

Could I have a link for what beau's version is? It says the charge is for leaving a rotting carcass yet he did not provide a source for it. Therefore his statement is just speculation as any of ours is.

If he could not take it any further than he could have made arrangements for it to go somewhere. Perhaps with the guide who took him out.

I threw no swear words. Pretty funny that you say that Mr. Highlighter.

lwbrewer
12-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Degenero LoL.

Could I have a link for what beau's version is? It says the charge is for leaving a rotting carcass yet he did not provide a source for it. Therefore his statement is just speculation as any of ours is.

If he could not take it any further than he could have made arrangements for it to go somewhere. Perhaps with the guide who took him out.

I threw no swear words. Pretty funny that you say that Mr. Highlighter.

Degenero
I assume it is because he cares not for what he does nor does he care for the reprecussions and for how the charges of what he did are laid out. You ass.

So now I'm blind too.
Yes I highlighted it and I thought that was pretty good too surprised you caught it more though.
Merry Christmas as I'm done.

Tiny Neustra
12-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Wow, people first off lets think of something. You are going to an out of country hunt, you hire a local guide, because well the laws of the land the guide will know, also they will be able to help with everything with the hunt. Typically guides get paid from anywhere between 3000-8000 per hunt, and people use guides when they like to hunt but have other things to do like scouting out before the hunting season starts, ect. Also you typically have good faith put in the guide that they will keep you legit. Now one of the reasons the charges were dropped on the other crimes simply legally the responsibility is on that of the Guide, not the hunter. So again the people who will hate brock for no reason now compare him to Michael Vick.. how fucking sad are you fools?

Tiny Neustra
12-24-2011, 09:14 PM
UFC star pleads guilty to hunting charge (http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/star+pleads+guilty+hunting+charge/5888343/story.html)

CALGARY — UFC star Brock Lesnar has pleaded guilty to one of the hunting charges he faced, paid a $1,725 fine and said he looks forward to coming back to Alberta for another hunt after last year’s “misunderstanding.”

A lawyer representing the ex-heavyweight mixed martial arts champion entered the plea in a courtroom in Medicine Hat on Tuesday.

Lesnar had been facing three charges laid by Alberta Fish and Wildlife officers. Those were: unlawful possession of wildlife (a whitetail deer), wastage of edible flesh (of a mule deer) and failure to immediately affix a tag to an animal.

The first two charges have now been dropped.

In a statement, Lesnar said he was participating in a filmed hunt guided by Trophy Hunters Alberta in November 2010. As an American hunting in Alberta, he needed to hire a guide to hunt legally.

“The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules. I had two deer tags for the trip which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer,” he said.

“On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that’s all there is to it.”

In reference to the spoiled meat charge, Lesnar said he could not bring meat across the border and trusted the outfitter to handle it appropriately.

Lesnar said the fine has been paid and “it’s the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time.”

He is suspended from hunting in Alberta for six months.

“I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their co-operation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can’t wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt,” said Lesnar through his agent Brian Stegeman.

“I’m glad to put this behind me, so I can focus on my fight against Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 on Dec. 30.”

A representative from Trophy Hunters Alberta declined comment when reached by phone.

Lesnar’s guide, Chad Stryker, was also charged with the same three counts. He will appear in court in January.

smassinon@calgaryherald.com

Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Read more: UFC star pleads guilty to hunting charge (http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/star+pleads+guilty+hunting+charge/5888343/story.html#ixzz1hU8TCy8C)

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/22/2654681/ufc-141-brock-lesnar-talks-ability-to-take-a-punch-pleading-guilty

Brock Lesnar cleared a potential road block by finally settling that hunting issue he's been charged with in Canada. His attorney pleaded guilty for him on violating a hunting law in Canada for "failure to immediately affix a tag to an animal".

He paid a fine of $1,725, and will have a 6-month hunting suspension, although the former UFC champion still insists he did nothing wrong. Lesnar talked to MMA Fighting about it:

"As far as I'm concerned, I didn't disobey the law," Lesnar said. "I guess in other people's judgment, they saw it differently. At the end of the day, if they saw fit that I did something wrong, I'm a grown-up and I'll take my fine and go on with my life."

"I'm an excellent hunter. I've been hunting since I was five years old, and at the end of the day, for God's sakes, I don't waste any meat. If you ever looked at my dinner plate when I was done eating you'd know that."

Two other charges of leaving meat to rot, and illegal possession of wildlife, stemming from the incident were dropped after this.

On other news related to the popular fighter, Lesnar also addressed concerns and criticisms he's been getting about not being able to take a good shot after his performances against Cain Velasquez and Shane Carwin. He talked to Ben Fowlkes about it and called BS on the issue:

"I think it's a bunch of bulls---," Lesnar said. "The fights that I've gotten hit, I've stood and banged with Heath Herring, Randy Couture, Frank Mir -- I've taken a lot of shots. I mean, Shane Carwin. And I've yet to be knocked out. I had refs stop a fight for a submission and a TKO, which is a referee stoppage. I've never been knocked out cold."

"Any time you're on top, whatever it is, and I don't care if it's the business world or it's in farming or fighting -- and those are all things that I'm in -- there's people out to get you," he said. "There's criticism. I don't know if it's just that people don't like to see other people succeed, or just if they want to see them fail."

"in the heavyweight division, if guys are putting leather in the right spots, it's hard to come back from that."

Naturally, people will bring up the fact that Lesnar doesn't have to be "out cold" for them to conclude that he doesn't react well to being hit... but let's play devil's advocate for a second -- unlike Lesnar, Alistair Overeem has been "out cold" before, so is it fair to worry on his "chin issues" as well?

Hrrm again looks like most the blame is on the guide shit, they still have court for this shit.. again lets blame brock, he probably kicked a dog or something as he was walking across the street. Hell can someone find a way to make Dana responsible for this too, if we hate on brock for this Dana needs some hate too.. ??? Anyone?

Sniggles
12-25-2011, 02:26 AM
! Well I am an ass. I was in a bad, dark mood. Sorry duders.

Thanks for noobjackin this shit.

Trodden
12-26-2011, 01:16 PM
lock em up and throw away the key!

to the iron maiden with him!