PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next

Sakara=Excitement
12-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/23/2657896/chael-sonnen-ufc-done-with-anderson-silva-georges-st-pierre-jon-jones-junior-dos-santos)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2533612/SonnenLandsberg_large.jpg

On Friday, Chael Sonnen returns to the program he walked off last month, claiming he is done with Anderson Silva and after his fight on January 28th with Mark Munoz, he wants either Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones or Junior dos Santos in a title match next.

Sonnen will appear on TSN's Off The Record with Michael Landsberg at 5 PM EST and a preview clip released today has the top middleweight claiming his pursuit of the current UFC Middleweight Champion is over.

"I'm done with the guy. He and I have no business. He's cold product. He's like jheri curls and Pepsi Clear. He's yesterday's news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He's so far over the hill and so far past his prime that it's not worth talking about.

I'm going to become the No. 1 contender on January 28th and despite what you may think, I'm not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I'll be looking at (Jon) Jones, (Junior) dos Santos and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. I will take that voucher to Dana White and pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done."

0mega1
12-24-2011, 02:08 AM
:laughing4:
I honestly dont think he could beat any of those 3 fighters. Jones and Dos Santos would destroy him and Im not so sure he could take GSP down.

DaSpiderFan24
12-24-2011, 02:13 AM
:bsflag: This guy is off his F'in meds if he think he stands a chance with Jones or JDS. Hope his time with th UFC is done haha... His Shananigans are getting old :deadhorse:

carbondioxide830
12-24-2011, 02:18 AM
lmfao this is y i love chael...gonna suck to see him anderson murder him though.

CtGreat
12-24-2011, 02:20 AM
This should be noobjack should it not?

DaSpiderFan24
12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Indeed

MMA4EVERRR
12-24-2011, 02:36 AM
:laughing4:
I honestly dont think he could beat any of those 3 fighters. Jones and Dos Santos would destroy him and Im not so sure he could take GSP down.

If Josh Koscheck was able to takedown GSP, I dont see how Chael would have any problems doing it also. He is a lot bigger, stronger, and has the best takedowns at MW. He had no problem taking down Stan (a guy who fought at LHW), Nate Marquardt, Okami (both big MWs). He takes GSP down and grinds him out round by round.

Chael and Jones would be interesting. I dont think Jones would have the easiest time taking Chael down and Chael is very aggressive that he can find his way on the inside in the striking dept. But if Chael manages to take Jones down, I think Jones, with his long limbs, he will easily sub him if he were on his back.

Chael vs JDS should never happen...JDS does him worse than any other guy he fought.

mma #1 fan
12-24-2011, 02:59 AM

:turd: why do tell why

CtGreat
12-24-2011, 03:10 AM
:turd: why do tell why

Because all Chael Sonnen propaganda/shittalk articles were deemed noobjack a while ago.

HillbillyDeluxe
12-24-2011, 03:13 AM
lol. I like Chael but lets not start getting delusional. Bones and JDS? Chael your off your rocker. Stick to MW and WW...

Sakara=Excitement
12-24-2011, 03:16 AM

Awe it'll be okay.

roaddawg
12-24-2011, 03:36 AM

Why should it be noob jacked? Sonnen nolonger wanting to fight Silva is actually pretty big news. Ive always wanted to see him fight GSP anyways.

CtGreat
12-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Why should it be noob jacked? Sonnen nolonger wanting to fight Silva is actually pretty big news. Ive always wanted to see him fight GSP anyways.

Really? You out of all people are asking me why an article about Chael Sonnen making bullshit statements should be noobjack? This is not big news, this is Chael Sonnen doing what he always does, he is talking shit. Everyone and their mother knows that Chael wants to face silva and take the MW title; he just made a new shirt with him as uncle Sam saying he wanted anderson silva.

Sniggles
12-24-2011, 03:52 AM
You should be noobjacked for wasting a post saying something should be noobjacked.

This is relevant because Chael was on OTR today which is on the main page of the site. This is about what Sonnen said in said interview. Get over it.

disposableassassin
12-24-2011, 04:00 AM
i have always wanted to see him show the rest of the world what i already know. that chael's wrestling is better than gsp's. on that note has sonnen ever fought a WW? he is not a small MW and has fought at LHW so i wonder (and i know he is really just shilling his materiel here) if he is serious though how much would a cut to 170 take out of his workrate? oh and i would absolutely love to see him wreck kos. hey could you imagine the shittalk betweem him and diaz

mma #1 fan
12-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Because all Chael Sonnen propaganda/shittalk articles were deemed noobjack a while ago.

thats stupid who gives a better fucking interview.

Supe
12-24-2011, 04:07 AM
He wants Jones or jds, give it. Just in time for my kids 1st birthday

kingrobert
12-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Chael could beat GSP. Especially the GSP of today who fights not to loose. Its been a long time since GSP was in an actual fight and tested. Just like Anderson before he met Chael. He gets destroyed by Jones or Dos Santos but then again who doesnt?

macewen
12-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Whos to sat jones could even get chael off of him if he got em down, cud be interesting?

Lesnar_FTW
12-24-2011, 04:58 AM
This one is too good to be noobjacked though.

Obviously this is just bs from him. I really don't know why he does it, but idk maybe he's trying to get under Anderson's skin by doing this, but I'm not sure if this does it. Assuming he's serious and he gets a shot at any of those guys, even though neither are the case, I think he'd beat GSP just due to the huge size difference. Jones would probably beat him. JDS would completely wreck him.

ryabusa
12-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Guys seriously, Chael doesn't want to fight those guys. This is just him trying to antagonize Silva by saying he's washed up and useless. You have to look at everything sonnen does like a pro wrestling bad guy. That's all he's doing. Don't take a word out of his mouth seriously.

mmawolverine
12-24-2011, 05:47 AM
u gotta love the guy just when u think u know what he's about he says something u never expected, this coming Presidentiual election of 2012 i plan to pencil in Chael Sonnen as my choice

NLRepublic
12-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Guys seriously, Chael doesn't want to fight those guys. This is just him trying to antagonize Silva by saying he's washed up and useless. You have to look at everything sonnen does like a pro wrestling bad guy. That's all he's doing. Don't take a word out of his mouth seriously.

Sums it up

Spoon
12-24-2011, 07:08 AM
OTR (http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/)

The full interview is on the right side of the screen, for anyone wanting to check it out (couldn't find a direct link to the video).

But to briefly change the subject... in the interview, I found it more interesting, than the topic of this thread, that he called Dan Henderson his team mate. As far as I knew, Sonnen trained at the Oregon headquarters of Team Quest, with Matt Lindland. With Lindland and Henderson in court over the Team Quest name, seems a little strange.

Sakara=Excitement
12-24-2011, 07:14 AM
I always find it equal parts funny, and equal parts perplexed that individuals with brains in their heads, actually think that Chael says this stuff and means it. It makes me wonder what else they believe in when they hear it.

Dan
12-24-2011, 09:01 AM
I would love to see Chael get down to WW and fight for the title. It's unlikely that it would work out well timing-wise, with GSP being out until the middle of next year and with the contenders building (Condit, Diaz, MacDonald, Ebersole, etc etc.), but if there's even a slim possibility of this happenng, then it would be fantastic.

Sakara=Excitement
12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I would love to see Chael get down to WW and fight for the title. It's unlikely that it would work out well timing-wise, with GSP being out until the middle of next year and with the contenders building (Condit, Diaz, MacDonald, Ebersole, etc etc.), but if there's even a slim possibility of this happenng, then it would be fantastic.

I think Chael would have to cut off a leg to make 170.

Dan
12-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I think Chael would have to cut off a leg to make 170.

Yeah man I wondered that. He'd have to drop a lot of muscle because he looks pretty lean even at MW

http://mmaaddicts.com/dann/ufc-117-silva-sonnen/chael-sonnen.JPG

BUT, if it's possible, I for one would love to see it.

jody
12-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Obviously what he really means is that he wants to fight Anderson Silva and dreams about him every night whilst wanking his willy.I for one think it's disgusting,but he has his rights.

I'd like to see Chael face Silva again.

earle
12-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Jheri curls and pepis clear? LOL! Damn Chael, you're over the hill (like me) if you remember that shit.

Obviously this is just Chael being Chael, keeping himself in the minds and hearts of fans and journalists everywhere.

rivethead
12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
so when he gets his medication dosage sorted out and starts talking about Anderson next week, what's the over/under that he says something like "that deal expired?" or is it more likely that he pretends it was an Asian imposter who made these current claims?

rh

The Return Of......
12-25-2011, 12:43 AM
i wasnt impressed the first time chael fought at 205..

Jones would destroy him

Sniggles
12-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Because fighters stay the same and don't evolve over 5 years... right?