PDA

View Full Version : Margarito v. Paul Williams/Miguel Cotto

JimmyMoore
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
The WBO has ordered a purse bid for the WBO welterweight title bout between champion Antonio Margarito and mandatory challenger Paul Williams to take place January 23 at the WBO Headquarters in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The Championship Committee has approved a minimum bid of $200,000. Margarito, however, is penciled in to face Miguel Cotto on a big pay-per-view event in June and is widely expected to relinquish the belt rather than to face Williams.

Who would you rather see Margarito fight? I'm going with Cotto. These two have been hyped so much recently that I would love to see how they perform against each other.

Afro
01-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Cotto, Paul Williams is still an up-and-comer

Punk Ass
01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Cotto, Paul Williams is still an up-and-comer

Diddo!

Punk Ass
01-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I do think Cotto will beat him. Should be a fairly easy UD IMO.

Salvy_Mic
01-18-2007, 08:49 AM
I'd definitely rather see Margarito vs. Cotto. Paul Williams definitely deserves his shot, and if Margarito wins, Williams is hands down the next man he must fight. Anyway, I'll be going for Margarito, as I tend to typically go for Mexicans over most other Latin Americans (with the exception of Salvadorans, naturally, and any other Central American fighters I may take a liking to.)

Punk Ass
01-18-2007, 10:08 AM
I'd definitely rather see Margarito vs. Cotto. Paul Williams definitely deserves his shot, and if Margarito wins, Williams is hands down the next man he must fight. Anyway, I'll be going for Margarito, as I tend to typically go for Mexicans over most other Latin Americans (with the exception of Salvadorans, naturally, and any other Central American fighters I may take a liking to.)

The winner of Margarito vs Cotto should fight PBF. The winner of that, fight Paul williams, and then we really know who's the best period.