PDA

View Full Version : Something Brewing Between Diaz and Penn....

SimpleJack
01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/f5lbfd)

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg876/scaled.php?tn=0&server=876&filename=35195437.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser!
I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

Saw this on Facebook earlier......Strange I thought they were on good terms followng the fight.

Tadd
01-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I just saw this on twitter, and thought it was sort of odd. Why call him out now?

Sniggles
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
BJ Penn must be bored while sitting at home - sipping mojitos at 10am is a hard life.

Sakara=Excitement
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm calling it now......

BJ Penn - "My Twitter account was hacked" excuse.

SimpleJack
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Posted.....merged.

Try to keep Twitter feuds in NoobJack.

Sakara=Excitement
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Posted.....merged.

So n00bjack it powers that be.

boomsnack
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
pretty sure it got hacked. That is not even how penn talks :|

Xtremo
01-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Posted.....merged.

Actually, i think twitter beefs should be on the general mma forum. It´s a guy calling out a guy, thats news. If Jon Jones calls out Anderson Silva through twitter, is it still gonna be noobjacked? I think not...

If it gets ultra repetitive, like Sonnen and his posts, then definitely noob jack.

Also, it should be on the general mma forum as long as it is an actual call out, but like Sakara said, if it is hacked, then noob jack with the quickness.

SimpleJack
01-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Actually, i think twitter beefs should be on the general mma forum. It´s a guy calling out a guy, thats news. If Jon Jones calls out Anderson Silva through twitter, is it still gonna be noobjacked? I think not...

If it gets ultra repetitive, like Sonnen and his posts, then definitely noob jack.

Also, it should be on the general mma forum as long as it is an actual call out, but like Sakara said, if it is hacked, then noob jack with the quickness.

While I appreciate your opinion, guys talking shit over Twitter isn't exactly news. It happens all the time.

What we have discussed is starting a special area of the forum for Twitter drama and miscellaneous tweets.

mma #1 fan
01-05-2012, 10:18 PM
the DR. might want to check Bj head again

Flynnja
01-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Pretty fucked up how Fitch is mentioned. In their fight it was BJ who pushed Fitch to the cage to work a takedown. Fitch was the one who ended peppering his face. None of this makes sense really.

trustkill
01-05-2012, 10:22 PM
None of this makes sense really.

Agreed.

We need to get to the bottom of this. My feelings on BJ Penn have changed over the last 2 years. Initially, I didn't like his arrogance, but he's been a lot more humble after his losses to Edgar and I started to like him. But this sounds like the old "he's greasing" BJ. I can't imagine he was being playfully sarcastic with that Tweet, cause everybody knows Nick Diaz is dead serious about shit like this. So either BJs hungover/on a bender or something was said or done between these two that we don't know about. Or his account got 'hacked'.

IceCold48
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM
there is actually a video of bj talking about this here it is

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EnBplf_2MiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnBplf_2MiI

m1ckeykn0x
01-06-2012, 12:13 AM
there is actually a video of bj talking about this here it is

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EnBplf_2MiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BJ Penn WAH WAH - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnBplf_2MiI)

Neg'd. Lol.

Well, uh... Nick did hold BJ against the fence throughout the entire fight for at least 5-6 minutes or more (over an entire round's worth of time). Not criticizing him or anything... you know, cause he whipped Penn's ass. But to say he didn't use his size to wear Penn down against the cage is laughable. Nick always talks down against guys who do that but it's a different story when you're the one doing it, I guess, right homie?

dbader08
01-06-2012, 12:36 AM
"To the death Georges"

Neg'd. Lol.

Well, uh... Nick did hold BJ against the fence throughout the entire fight for at least 5-6 minutes or more (over an entire round's worth of time). Not criticizing him or anything... you know, cause he whipped Penn's ass. But to say he didn't use his size to wear Penn down against the cage is laughable. Nick always talks down against guys who do that but it's a different story when you're the one doing it, I guess, right homie?

I don't think it was quite 6 minutes and also BJ initiated a couple of the clinches off of Nick getting up from a takedown and BJ attempting a takedown or 2.

and there is still a very big difference between the gameplan that Nick showed that fight and a gameplan GSP or Fitch would use. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing BJ's face get destroyed again by Nick sometime in the future.

kingrobert
01-06-2012, 01:08 AM
On BjPenn.com they said that Bj did say this. He also said the fire is back and he wants to fight. I really want to see BJ fight again but only at 155. He is to small for WW. At this point in BJ career there is no reason to fight an uphill battle and these bigger fighters at 170. I would love to see Bj vs Melendez or anyone at 155 in the UFC.

m1ckeykn0x
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
"To the death Georges"

I don't think it was quite 6 minutes and also BJ initiated a couple of the clinches off of Nick getting up from a takedown and BJ attempting a takedown or 2.

and there is still a very big difference between the gameplan that Nick showed that fight and a gameplan GSP or Fitch would use. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing BJ's face get destroyed again by Nick sometime in the future.

I know for sure it was at least 5 minutes total because I specifically rewatched the fight to record how much time he spent pressing his weight against BJ while clinching him against the fence. Yes, BJ did initiate some of the clinches, but he does that to use his dirty boxing. I don't think he was trying to back Nick against the cage and use weight to wear him down (which he couldn't anyway). When BJ went for the takedowns, he wasn't planning on trying to Fitch him, as he immediately went for the back but failed in capitalizing on it.

You're right though, it wasn't solely his plan to hold BJ, but it certainly was a key factor along with the immense amount of body shots against the cage.

I wonder if and when Penn will come back, who he'd fight, and in what division.

dbader08
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
On BjPenn.com they said that Bj did say this. He also said the fire is back and he wants to fight. I really want to see BJ fight again but only at 155. He is to small for WW. At this point in BJ career there is no reason to fight an uphill battle and these bigger fighters at 170. I would love to see Bj vs Melendez or anyone at 155 in the UFC.

Ahh yes. Soon we will be having statements from him saying he wants to fight for the title and wants to reach his full potential.

m1ckeykn0x
01-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Wow, already? I didn't see your post, robert.

I hope it's true, BJ.

So... if he's going back to LW...

Make him fight Nate Diaz!!!!!!!!

Daellusx
01-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Wow, already? I didn't see your post, robert.

I hope it's true, BJ.

So... if he's going back to LW...

Hell yes! Nick was just so much bigger than BJ that i dont think a second fight will go any different. Well maybe in the second fight BJ might actually get TKO'ed.

A fight with Nate would a little more even since Nate would need to cut down to 155.

MIZjitsZOU
01-06-2012, 03:29 AM

Lets make this fight happen! Easy easy fight to sell!

Sakara=Excitement
01-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Who gives a shit?

Fence, no fence, clinch, no clinch....BJ you got destroyed. It was a good fight and one of the top fights of the year. But for a fan to bitch about a fighter's strategy, who gives a shit guys? You win, you lose. That's the breaks.

kingrobert
01-06-2012, 04:01 AM
I wish I didnt have to look at Bj and say what if. If he is in really good shape for all of his fights I think he wins most of them except the GSP fights. A in shape Bj continues to do what he did in the 1st round and ends up beating Nick Diaz. I would really love to see him get away from his family and spend a whole training camp with Jackson or maybe Coutures gym. His time for making excuses is over. He doesnt have very much time left in MMA so he needs to give it his all and fight at LW.

initial_zen
01-06-2012, 04:01 AM
While I appreciate your opinion, guys talking shit over Twitter isn't exactly news. It happens all the time.

What we have discussed is starting a special area of the forum for Twitter drama and miscellaneous tweets.

I agree, on the general forum, I'd rather only have articles and interviews and such.. not a few words fighters say back and forth

SimpleJack
01-06-2012, 04:19 AM
What I think's funniest about the whole situation is that BJ is criticizing Diaz for utilizing an advantage in the cage.....what was he supposed to do?

Did BJ not realize there was a size disparity before the fight?

You think BJ wouldn't utilize a size advantage if he somehow got on top of Edgar or got him to stay in the clinch or on the cage?

Come on Homie....

Trustym2
01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I think the issue was not that Nick used an advantage, but that Nick complains of others doing what he did.

KevoOnTheRadio
01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I think BJ sees that GSP is going to be out for most if not all of 2012, and wants a piece of that interim title action.

SimpleJack
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I think the issue was not that Nick used an advantage, but that Nick complains of others doing what he did.

Nick hardly took him down and laid on him as he has cited in the past.

Y2JUBAE
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Via Graciefighter.com:

Say It Aint So BJ…

BJ Penn has apparently not come to terms with the beating he received at the hands of Nick Diaz…

At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by “Yes Men” that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses.

So weird, I remember how friendly they were after the fight.

SimpleJack
01-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I read that earlier on bj Penn.com and figured something must have happened after they invited Penn to train with Gracie.

Cat--Smasher
01-07-2012, 02:58 AM
BJ Penn to Ceaser Gracie:

@CesarGracieBJJ Excuses?? The whole world knows I lost the fight including myself. I’m tired of you talking down to me Cesar, I hope you’re in training camp right now because the next time I see you, you better not be “scared homie!”

BJ Penn to Cesar Gracie: Next time I see you you better have been training - MMA News (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/375968/BJ-Penn-to-Cesar-Gracie-Next-time-I-see-you-you-better-have-been-training/)

SimpleJack
01-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Jesus F'n Christ BJ......

This dude is cracking up or something.

HillbillyDeluxe
01-07-2012, 10:07 AM
wtf is BJ's problem?

CtGreat
01-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Does anyone feel like this is reminiscent of Rampage going on a Rampage after he lost his title? Its like he was cool for a little while..then..BAMMM police chase. Bj was cool after the match...a few weeks pass...and now he coming out of the gates like a missile.

HillbillyDeluxe
01-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Does anyone feel like this is reminiscent of Rampage going on a Rampage after he lost his title? Its like he was cool for a little while..then..BAMMM police chase. Bj was cool after the match...a few weeks pass...and now he coming out of the gates like a missile.

Something changed or happened. BJ is acting like a tool with his twitter bullshit, but I mean it's on him and whatever.

lwbrewer
01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
My bet would be BJ is hearing smack coming from Cesar's gym as to how easy it was to beat BJ something on those lines. Maybe even BJ's camp feeding him misinfo to get him back into it. Not sure but a motavated BJ I wouldn't mind seeing in the cage again.

Cat--Smasher
01-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Penn's camp details why BJ lost respect for Nick Diaz - MMA News (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/376342/Penns-camp-details-why-BJ-lost-respect-for-Nick-Diaz/)

lwbrewer
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
good find Cat-- Smasher

Didn't clear only thing up to me. Heck I already know Nick will talk smack and disrespect his next opponet who ever it may be. So it was expected after the BJ fight. Nick only knows how to fight being a man is something he may never figure out in his life

TheKidInside
01-09-2012, 12:17 AM
what a ...?!

Penn

a. licks blood of his own gloves after the Joe Stevenson fight, center stage

b. says he will KILL GSP, dead and then quits mid-fight

c. says "Sean Sherk, you're DEAD"

and this is the same person who is also making excuses and being a sore loser because he HIMSELF is too lazy to train hard and fight at 155, heck even 145, where he really belongs and SOMEHOW it's Nick's fault that he was BORN and GREW to be a real WW?!

aww no boo hoo Nick Diaz was hyped up after a fight and talked crap to my lame ass boxing coach, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - BJ Penn