PDA

View Full Version : couture workout?

magic marker
01-18-2007, 07:29 AM
couture looks to be one of the best conditioned professional fighters and i was wandering if anybody knew one of his workout routines? (i'm talking aside from fight training. stuff more like sprints, weights, plyos, that type of stuff.)

Monsterman
01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
I have team quest workout dvd. Weighlifting, combination moves with bar, heavy bag, GnPbag and jump rope combinations as cardio, biking, box jumping etc. He seems as smart when he is training as he does fighting.

Malice
01-18-2007, 08:12 AM
He has got be one of the most fit 43yr olds in the world.
I know he has a lost af few and this won't probably make a lot of sense to people, but I give Randy the same kind of respect I do Fedor...because you know they are pretty much regular guys(they admit that)and they just work really really hard.

You can get his training plan but you probably can't match his intesity.

Soul_Edge
01-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Besides from training hard he has a real strict diet. I forget what it is, but mostly just leafs and vegetables and what not. Rogan talks about it a few times on the PPVs.

SimpleJack
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Besides from training hard he has a real strict diet. I forget what it is, but mostly just leafs and vegetables and what not. Rogan talks about it a few times on the PPVs.
Yeah, I can hear Rogan's voice going on and on about eating everything green and only lean white meat. Then Rogan talks about Randy's ironman competitions and crazy cardio. Rogan gets hype about Randy.

magic marker
01-18-2007, 04:12 PM
i remember reading that randy eats mostly chicken breasts and fish for his lean sources of protein and cuts out red meat while prepping for a fight.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-19-2007, 06:17 AM
In actuality I saw one of his gym training(resistance/interval) and he had terrible, terrible form on pretty much everything he did. Obviously with his MMA training he is right on. :)

CreepingDeth
01-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Randys High Intensity Circuit Training:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3224902600571518938&q=randy+couture

Alwaysbelieve1
01-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Randys High Intensity Circuit Training:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3224902600571518938&q=randy+couture

This is the exact workout I am referring to with his poor form. LOL! :)

But his form in the octagon is priceless and right on! Hopefully on Tim's face soon enough!

Metalhead
01-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I like how he heaves the weight and bounces. BUt I wish I could be in his shape.

CreepingDeth
01-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe he was just doing a quick show for they cameras and normally concentrates more on form.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Maybe he was just doing a quick show for they cameras and normally concentrates more on form.

That makes no sense. You would think he would perform his most perfect form and training techniques BECAUSE he's on camera and knows others may critique him so that they can follow suit. If people try what he is doing, with the same form, they WILL eventually get hurt.

He is on his toes way to much when he needs to be on his heels. He uses his back much more than his core stabilizers. There is much more, but that is the gist.