PDA

View Full Version : Brock vs Fedor wrestling match?

Xtremo
01-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Yup, there's a guy in Japan wanting to put this together. This is barely noob jack lol

- While this likely won’t happen, Simon Kelly Inoki, a promoter in Japan, is trying to put together a Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko bout – but it would be a pro wrestling match instead of MMA. Inoki said they are trying to get Lesnar to wrestle for the IGF promotion and are also trying to get Fedor to debut in pro wrestling.

If it does happen by some miracle, then this thread might not be too embarrasing lol

Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor?, WrestleMania 29/30 Rumors - WWE - eWrestlingNews.com (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1255/brock-lesnar-vs-fedor-wrestlemania-29-30-rumors)

TBEAR
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
WTF

I bet it would sell though

Pasha K
01-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Pro wrestling match? No!

Exhibition match? Maybe

The8thPlague
01-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Pro wrestling match? No!

Exhibition match? Maybe

If either happened, A Failure for Both of their Careers? Definitely!

Pasha K
01-13-2012, 05:48 AM
If either happened, A Failure for Both of their Careers? Definitely!

Lesnar is already retired from MMA, so a prowrestling bout would make zero effect. Anyway maybe one day he will return to the WWE.

As for Fedor, I don't think it would hurt his career. I mean, it would be very weird to watch Fedor in a prowrestling match and I doubt he will accept it, but even if he accepts, I don't see why it would have any negative or positive impact in his MMA career and his legacy.

An exhibition match would not be a failure either. Fedor had exhibition matches with Aoki and Mousasi and those matches were fun to watch. Fighters can do a lot of flashy things in those kind of matches because they have absolutely nothing to lose so they are not afraid of doing those moves.

In both exhibition matches we saw beautiful judo throws, beautiful sub attempts. There is nothing wrong with an exhibition match.

The8thPlague
01-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I couldn't really see a 6'4", 265lb man & a 6', 230lb pulling off a good exhibition fight with flashy moves.
Watching Aoki crawl all over Fedor while getting manhandled was definitely entertaining, but what would be the point of watching Fedor and Lesnar attempt that to each other. Just seems pointless.

And while a Wrestling match probably wouldn't tarnish their MMA careers, how much shit would be said about Fedor if he "lost" a wrestling match to Lesnar... or even worse, if Lesnar "lost" a wrestling match(his own bread and butter) to Fedor?

They both seem so pointless and dumb that I know I Personally would lose respect for Fedor(even more so than I have in the last year).

Pasha K
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
And while a Wrestling match probably wouldn't tarnish their MMA careers, how much shit would be said about Fedor if he "lost" a wrestling match to Lesnar... or even worse, if Lesnar "lost" a wrestling match(his own bread and butter) to Fedor?

It would be a pro wrestling match so it would be fixed. The promoter would decide with anticipation who wins and who loses so there would be no point in bashing the "loser" of a fixed show.

They both seem so pointless and dumb that I know I Personally would lose respect for Fedor(even more so than I have in the last year).

You would lose respect for Fedor if he accepts a pro wrestling bout? Why?
I admit that it would be weird, and I would be surprised if Fedor accepts that, however if he does, then he will have his reasons.

Tell me, you also lose respect for fighters when they appear on movies?

I couldn't really see a 6'4", 265lb man & a 6', 230lb pulling off a good exhibition fight with flashy moves.
Watching Aoki crawl all over Fedor while getting manhandled was definitely entertaining, but what would be the point of watching Fedor and Lesnar attempt that to each other. Just seems pointless.

Mousasi and Fedor are not lightweighs and still managed to show a very beautiful exhibition.
The point is probably to show some techniques in their arsenal that they do not show in real fights. Even with their size, they can amaze us with some beautiful Judo throw or some nice wrestling takedown.

disposableassassin
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
i agree with pashak a pro wrestling match wouldnt be that bad wierd but not bad at all for their careers. and and exhibition match like a collegiate wrestling vs sambo match would be cool as hell to me. also seeing fedor take an F5 would be so surreal