PDA

View Full Version : Hatton Vs Urango

The Deftone
01-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Just wondering what your toughts are on the up coming fight.

Should be a good one, I see Hatton taking the win

JimmyMoore
01-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah I think Hatton will pull this one out pretty soundly. But if after this match he takes on Jose Luis Castillo in a superfight like everyone is talking about, I think Castillo will box circles around him.

Luis Cruz
01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
yea Hatton will win and so will Castillo on the undercard to setup their superfight. These guys are almost exactly the same fighter but because of competition faced Castillo has a huge experience advantage especially having fought someone like Mayweather twice while Hatton's resume is anything but impressive. He won't get killed by Castillo but i think i'll pick Castillo in that fight and a VERY good fight/brawl it'll be. Neither of these guys run so they're gonna meet head on and bang.

Punk Ass
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah I think Hatton will pull this one out pretty soundly. But if after this match he takes on Jose Luis Castillo in a superfight like everyone is talking about, I think Castillo will box circles around him.

Castillo doesn't box circles. He sits there and bang. It will be a matter of who does it better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hatten get the win. He's faster and puts on a lot of pressure, but Castillo is Castillo!

Ares
01-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Hatton will take care of business against Urango and Castillo. Looking forward to seeing Ricky fight again my only concern is that it's been quite a long time for him out of the ring, I understand he is looking in really good shape tho.

The Castillo fight will be a great crowd pleaser.

The Deftone
01-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes I see Hatton taking this one and the super fight. I still think he is underestimated by alot of people, hopefully after the the superfight he will get the big pay days he deserves

JimmyMoore
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Castillo doesn't box circles. He sits there and bang. It will be a matter of who does it better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hatten get the win. He's faster and puts on a lot of pressure, but Castillo is Castillo!

See the first Floyd Mayweather fight

Punk Ass
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
See the first Floyd Mayweather fight

I didn't see the PBF fight but I saw the corrales fight. They went toe to toe!! I think Jose fights to the level of his opponent. hatten will put pressure on him and turn it into a slug fest. No doubt about that.

A good fight would be hatten vs Corrales that would really test Hatten's chin, but I could see Hatten taking Corrales out early. I hope not tho :confusedsmilie:

JimmyMoore
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't see the PBF fight but I saw the corrales fight. They went toe to toe!! I think Jose fights to the level of his opponent. hatten will put pressure on him and turn it into a slug fest. No doubt about that.

A good fight would be hatten vs Corrales that would really test Hatten's chin, but I could see Hatten taking Corrales out early. I hope not tho :confusedsmilie:

God that Corrales fight was a straight up war. See I really look for Castillo to box around Hatton, and step in every now and then and trade like he did with Floyd. At least that's what his game plan SHOULD be after seeing the trouble Hatton had with Luis Collazo.

billbrasky
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I think hatton will take this one, but it has potential for fireworks. Urango is an absolute bull whos very aggressive and hes gonna stand with hatton. I think hattons experience is the deciding factor.

supermark21
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Hatton was amazing but why was his corner telling him to hold???
Urango doesnt come with knockout power and hatton was like mighty mouse bouncing all around him.
I take hatton over castillo too though. i think that hes just too fast and his endurance is amazing

Hypergit
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Imo Castillo only got the decision because of his name. Hatton should be too much for him.

supermark21
01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Imo Castillo only got the decision because of his name. Hatton should be too much for him.
I agree with you about the castillo fight. but you have to admit that in the later rounds he turned it around. I gave him the 10th and 11th.
BTW- What the hell was that on the back of the other guys head? Was it a flag?

Afro
01-21-2007, 08:05 PM
im takin Hatton over Castillo too by TKO but give Demetrius Hopkins some more fights and we'll see Hatton's undefeated streak come to an end.

Punk Ass
01-22-2007, 12:12 PM
im takin Hatton over Castillo too by TKO but give Demetrius Hopkins some more fights and we'll see Hatton's undefeated streak come to an end.

^5 on that!

Afro
01-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I'd also like to add that i'd love to see a good ol' fashion brit battle between Junior Witter and Ricky Hatton! that be awesome

but the future of the division, and one of the soon to be bright stars in boxing is D-Hop! he has had devestating KOs in his career but like any Hopkins he prefers to make you look stupid in the ring for 12 rounds.

Luis Cruz
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
You guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves now. lol Hatton will still eat up Hopkins. He hasn't fought anyone that's even remotely good in his 26 fights. And to be honest he hasn't really impressed me thus far, to me he's just a fighter with a name right now. I've seen him struggle a little with guys he should have blown out. By the time he gets enough experience and his skill level up to face the best, Hatton will most likely done fighting or if not he'll be past his prime. I truly believe if it wasn't for Hopkins height (he's a tall 140lbs), he wouldn't even be talked about. He's going to eventually move up to 147lbs i'm sure and then he's got JC Jr. and Andre Berto also growing there who are both better than he is. The 140lbs division is kind of empty right now since most moved up, there is still a few guys there though if he stays around. Witter is definately a good one that would also beat him. Castillo, Corrales if he still decides to go and stay at 140, Harris, Urango, Lazcano. Right now it looks to me like Hopkins and JC Jr. are both going down the same path and that's the padding the record path before stepping up. It's not helping him any beating up guys that have no business fighting him, he should've stepped up about 8-9 fights ago. He could be great don't get me wrong he still has a long way to go in his career but as of right now i don't see it.

Afro
01-22-2007, 03:05 PM
You guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves now. lol Hatton will still eat up Hopkins. He hasn't fought anyone that's even remotely good in his 26 fights. And to be honest he hasn't really impressed me thus far, to me he's just a fighter with a name right now. I've seen him struggle a little with guys he should have blown out. By the time he gets enough experience and his skill level up to face the best, Hatton will most likely done fighting or if not he'll be past his prime. I truly believe if it wasn't for Hopkins height (he's a tall 140lbs), he wouldn't even be talked about. He's going to eventually move up to 147lbs i'm sure and then he's got JC Jr. and Andre Berto also growing there who are both better than he is. The 140lbs division is kind of empty right now since most moved up, there is still a few guys there though if he stays around. Witter is definately a good one that would also beat him. Castillo, Corrales if he still decides to go and stay at 140, Harris, Urango, Lazcano. Right now it looks to me like Hopkins and JC Jr. are both going down the same path and that's the padding the record path before stepping up. It's not helping him any beating up guys that have no business fighting him, he should've stepped up about 8-9 fights ago. He could be great don't get me wrong he still has a long way to go in his career but as of right now i don't see it.

^ thus why I said this.

Luis Cruz
01-22-2007, 05:03 PM
^ thus why I said this.

I covered what you said. I said he won't be ready to beat Hatton. By the time he is Hatton will be past his prime (which won't meant anything) or more than likely retired which he already hinted at after a couple super fights.

Afro
01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I covered what you said. I said he won't be ready to beat Hatton. By the time he is Hatton will be past his prime (which won't meant anything) or more than likely retired which he already hinted at after a couple super fights.
Ricky is 28 years old wth is up with these boxers wantin to retire so young, they must be tryna piss George Foreman off.

supermark21
01-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Why did he lose the belt before?

Thaistylist
01-24-2007, 12:02 AM
went up to 147 i believe. id retire as soon as it was financially feasible