PDA

View Full Version : Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10

Cat--Smasher
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM
It's long been known that Mirko Cro Cop has planned a return to his original sport of kickboxing on March 10. Rumors circulated of potential opponents, with names like Errol Zimmerman and Dzevad Poturak popping up.

Croatian journalist Slobodan Mufic is reporting that Cro Cop will face none other than Ray Sefo on March 10 at the Zagreb Arena in Zagreb, Croatia. An official announcement of the fight will be made on Tuesday at a press conference at the Sheraton Zagreb hotel.

The event is named "K-1 Final Fight" as previously reported and it is being organized by Fight Channel, a TV station in the region.
MiddleEasy.com | Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10 (http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6972:mirko-cro-cop-returns-to-kickboxing-faces-ray-sefo-on-march-10&catid=34:organizations)

cnlclink
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Sweet, Sefo is good but I think this is a nice return match for CroCop. I am looking forward to seeing him back in the the ring where he can put guys in tight spots.

Ramma
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Well, Sefo certainly has slowed down over the years. I'm not sure how this is going to go for Cro Cop though.

Sakara=Excitement
01-21-2012, 09:02 PM
MiddleEasy.com | Mirko Cro Cop returns to kickboxing, faces Ray Sefo on March 10 (http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6972:mirko-cro-cop-returns-to-kickboxing-faces-ray-sefo-on-march-10&catid=34:organizations)

It's long been known that Mirko Cro Cop has planned a return to his original sport of kickboxing on March 10. Rumors circulated of potential opponents, with names like Errol Zimmerman and Dzevad Poturak popping up.

Croatian journalist Slobodan Mufic is reporting that Cro Cop will face none other than Ray Sefo on March 10 at the Zagreb Arena in Zagreb, Croatia. An official announcement of the fight will be made on Tuesday at a press conference at the Sheraton Zagreb hotel.

The event is named "K-1 Final Fight" as previously reported and it is being organized by Fight Channel, a TV station in the region. It's set to be pretty big, as the Zagreb Arena is a state of the art facility with a maximum capacity of 24 000 people. Other names like Daniel Ghita have been rumored for the fight card, but nothing is official yet.

Pasha K
01-21-2012, 09:04 PM
That will be an interesting fight.
Mirko is not in the same shape he was before, but Ray Sefo is not Badr Hari or Gokhan Saki, so this is a winnable fight for Mirko.

Bearded Big Country
01-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I think CroCop will do better in Kickboxing then MMA. Lets hope for a resurgence in CroCop making waves in fighting.

Leucoethiops
01-21-2012, 09:30 PM
I think CroCop will do better in Kickboxing then MMA. Lets hope for a resurgence in CroCop making waves in fighting.

I think his tentativeness will carry over into any combat sport; he's an all time favourite of mine, so I always root for him, and always hope I'm wrong. But he's definitely lost a step; and the problem is that he knows it.

Pasha K
01-21-2012, 09:39 PM
He is 36 years old, he has had a lot of surgeries, he obvioulsy does not has the same level of motivation he had 10 years ago.

Do not expect him to be the "Old K-1/Pride Crocop" because he will never be again at that level.

Let's just be happy because we had the privilege of watching a fighter like him. He is a legend of the sport, at his prime he did a lot of awesome things.
Now I do not expect him anymore to be a beast and to destroy his opponent, I simply want to watch him fight and I just hope he does not end the battle seriously damaged.

It is like with Sakuraba. The guy is a legend, he has nothing else to prove. Of course he is not anymore at the level to compete with the Top fighters of today, but still it is cool to watch him in the ring.

cnlclink
01-21-2012, 10:12 PM
This is in the K1 forums already.

Cat--Smasher
01-21-2012, 10:14 PM
This is in the K1 forums already.http://www.mmanews.com/forums/k-1-kickboxing/53790-mirko-cro-cop-returns-kickboxing-faces-ray-sefo-march-10-a.html

Sakara=Excitement
01-21-2012, 10:36 PM
but still it is cool to watch him in the ring.

It's cool to watch him get destroyed time and time again? Alrighty then.

beardown98
01-21-2012, 11:03 PM
i'll take sefo i love cc but i'm a realist he has lost the hunger

Sniggles
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
If you watch CC's old training videos you can come to the assumption that his body won't let him fight in the same manner. CC has lost confidence in his ability to land that headkick out of nowhere and it happened after the Gonzaga fight where he tore his knee ligament. From there his knee progressively got worse and it showed. Crocop would continue to have surgery after surgery and end up with a 5-6 record after Pride.

Crocop's days of fighting at the top echelon are over but I will still continue to watch him - if only to reminisce afterwards of how great he was in his prime.

Malevolence
01-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Considering that neither of them kick anymore it pretty much reduces the fight to a straight boxing match with paper thin K1 gloves on...Ray is gonna knock his freakin block off.

the_dark_angel_4ever
01-22-2012, 05:21 AM
CC by LHK! Sefo has a really bad habit of dropping his hands after he throws, basically taunting his opponents to attack.

The8thPlague
03-07-2012, 06:33 AM
FIGHT NOW TV 24 hr combat sports channel. Events News reports MMA Boxing Wrestling Kickbox more - HOME (http://www.fightnow.com)

The8thPlague
03-07-2012, 06:34 AM
It can be seen on FightNow.com

I'm excited for it.