PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Liddell vs. Ricardo Arona

Caspel
06-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Who takes the W if these were to face off?

Ricardo has been KOed twice... but never has lost by submission. He shouldn't be in danger to lose to Liddell by sub. Arona lost to Fedor by decision and Wanderlei by decision too. He's 28 with a record of 12-4 and loves BJJ.

Liddell has only lost by KO in his career and all of his losses were to great fighters like Rampage, Couture and Jeremy Horn. Liddell is 37 so he is much older with a record of 18-3.

killerinstinct
06-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Liddell has only lost by KO in his career and all of his losses were to great fighters like Rampage, Couture and Jeremy Horn. Liddell is 37 so he is much older with a record of 18-3.
horn won by a sub.Liddell has never been KOed only TKOed.I'd take him over Arona.

Alvin
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
horn won by a sub.Liddell has never been KOed only TKOed.I'd take him over Arona.

Horn won by sub?
Did he fuck, he choked Liddle unconscious, which is a TKO.

I'd take Arona on this cos I can't see too many beating him. The Fedor fight was in Rings (I think) & if it was in Pride or UFC he would have got the decision. The decision loss to Silva was also utter bollocks. How anyone who saw that fight could say Silva did more to win than Arona is beyond me.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
06-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Liddel All The Way... Arona's Been Koed And Thats Enough For Me To Pick Chuck....arona Wont Get Chuck To The Ground And Chuck Has More Knock Out Power Than God Him Self Soo Fuck Man Im Goin With The Champ... Chuckie All The Way!!!

killerinstinct
06-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Horn won by sub?
Did he fuck, he choked Liddle unconscious, which is a TKO.

I'd take Arona on this cos I can't see too many beating him. The Fedor fight was in Rings (I think) & if it was in Pride or UFC he would have got the decision. The decision loss to Silva was also utter bollocks. How anyone who saw that fight could say Silva did more to win than Arona is beyond me.
it was TKO ,but it was caused by a sub so.There's not really a whole lotta of difference except Liddell passed out.

Alvin
06-29-2006, 02:20 AM
it was TKO ,but it was caused by a sub so.There's not really a whole lotta of difference except Liddell passed out.

What????

It was caused by a sub????

You are aware that sub is abbreviated fro the word submission right?

If you are choked out how can you submit?

Liddle has never submitted in a pro fight yet.

Now if you're saying that there's little difference between KO & TKO then I agree, but no difference between submitting & KO's?????

killerinstinct
06-29-2006, 02:38 AM
What????

It was caused by a sub????

You are aware that sub is abbreviated fro the word submission right?

If you are choked out how can you submit?

Liddle has never submitted in a pro fight yet.

Now if you're saying that there's little difference between KO & TKO then I agree, but no difference between submitting & KO's?????
the only difference from a submission and a tko due to a submission is that one guy doesn't tap.The TKO was still caused by a submission hold.

Alvin
06-29-2006, 02:59 PM
the only difference from a submission and a tko due to a submission is that one guy doesn't tap.The TKO was still caused by a submission hold.

He got choked out!!

Yes ordinarily someone would submit if they were in the hold, but Chuck didn't.

Fighters tap out (submit) when taking a barrage of punches, is that a submission hold too?

No, it's tap out due to punches. A TKO.

A submission is only a submission if someone submits. Jeez I thought that was obvious!

Alvin
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Sorry, I just realised that I'm having another disagreement with you on another thread.

Honestly I'm not picking on you killerinstinct!

yumitree
06-29-2006, 03:35 PM
i believe in some organizations, they call someone going to sleep due to a choke or dr. stoppage due to injury from a submission hold (sakuraba/renzo gracie) a "technical submission."
i think that's a pretty logical way to go about it.

killerinstinct
06-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Sorry, I just realised that I'm having another disagreement with you on another thread.

Honestly I'm not picking on you killerinstinct!
bottom line Jeremy Horn beat Chuck with a submission hold.