PDA

View Full Version : Basic Chest Routine

Warchief
01-20-2007, 05:57 PM
When it comes to bodybuilding chest routine is my favorite, and sometimes i have no time to go to gym because of my tight schedules and my extra day job.can anyone give me a tips for chest routine using only one piece of barbell and two pieces of dumbells? because this is only weight equipment that i have in my house besides jumping rope,punching bag and flat bench press.help? P.S. All of you're tips and advise will be appreciate.

dudefella
01-20-2007, 06:23 PM
It took me years to realize this, but when it comes to adding mass and strength, simpler is usually better. You've got everything you need. The chest workout I've been having a lot of success with is doing 5 sets/5 reps flat bench pyramids. By pyramid, I mean raising the weight each set, so you'd do something like:

150x5
170x5
190x5
210x5
230x5

Basically targeting your 5 rep max for the last set. Every week your #1 goal should be to add 5 or 10 pounds to your last set. I usually finish that workout with leaning-forward dips or decline DB presses (with palms facing inward). I do that chest workout every other day at the gym, so either 2 or 3 times a week unless I take the weekend off. Just remember that you grow while you rest, not while you lift... don't overdo it. Above all, make sure your diet is in check. That's far more important than your workout routine.

Warchief
01-20-2007, 07:24 PM
It took me years to realize this, but when it comes to adding mass and strength, simpler is usually better. You've got everything you need. The chest workout I've been having a lot of success with is doing 5 sets/5 reps flat bench pyramids. By pyramid, I mean raising the weight each set, so you'd do something like:

150x5
170x5
190x5
210x5
230x5

Basically targeting your 5 rep max for the last set. Every week your #1 goal should be to add 5 or 10 pounds to your last set. I usually finish that workout with leaning-forward dips or decline DB presses (with palms facing inward). I do that chest workout every other day at the gym, so either 2 or 3 times a week unless I take the weekend off. Just remember that you grow while you rest, not while you lift... don't overdo it. Above all, make sure your diet is in check. That's far more important than your workout routine.
thanks for the tips dude.