PDA

View Full Version : Injury prevention

Tokyo's bad boy
01-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Hello, I workout and train BJJ reguarlly and I'm in pretty good shape, but my gym memmbership is up and I have a Jiu-Jitsu tournament in Feb. I'm looking for a workout that I can do at home that will prevent injuries. Anyone know a good workout routine to help strenghten the various injury pron parts of your body? I have some dumbbells and a swiss ball and I'm just looking for a total body workout and helps strenghten the muscles and such that I use in martial arts. Anyone know anythign good? Thanks a lot!

Alwaysbelieve1
01-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Hello, I workout and train BJJ reguarlly and I'm in pretty good shape, but my gym memmbership is up and I have a Jiu-Jitsu tournament in Feb. I'm looking for a workout that I can do at home that will prevent injuries. Anyone know a good workout routine to help strenghten the various injury pron parts of your body? I have some dumbbells and a swiss ball and I'm just looking for a total body workout and helps strenghten the muscles and such that I use in martial arts. Anyone know anythign good? Thanks a lot!

Take a look at my website. Most of the workouts I and my clients go through are using bodyweight, dumbbells, weighted bars, medicine balls, exercise bands, stability balls, etc. I VERY RARELY use machines- except for cardio.

I also post a Workout Of the Day on my forum for all clients & E-clients. :)

Here are a couple sample workouts:

1. Blistering Souls-

15 minutes of-
30 walking lunges, 20 non-pushup burpees, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups, 20 jump squats, Crab Walk across the long length of the gym and back

3 minutes rest

12 minutes of-
30 walking lunges, 20 non-pushup burpees, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups, 20 jump squats, Crab Walk across the long length of the gym and back

2. Pain Unrated

Perform 5 rounds for time of the following:

Jumprope-30sec.
rest 30sec.
Sprint-30sec.
rest 30sec.
Backward running-30sec.
rest 30sec.
Side shuffles-30sec.
rest 30sec.
Repeat.

*The 30 sec. resting periods will continue being active by performing situps, pushups, pullups, squats, etc.

3. Fun, Run, Fun

Perform 3 rounds for time of the following:

1. Run, stairmaster, or row- 400 meters

2. DB Bench- 20

3. Bulgarian Split Squats- 25

Hypergit
01-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I also post a Workout Of the Day on my forum for all clients & E-clients. :)

I know a great website that has bazillions of workouts, born of many different professionals' ideals, and they're free too:

www.google.com

Alwaysbelieve1
01-21-2007, 07:10 AM
I know a great website that has bazillions of workouts, born of many different professionals' ideals, and they're free too:

www.google.com

And you get what you pay for. ;)

Hypergit
01-21-2007, 07:56 AM
And you get what you pay for. ;)

In some cases yes, but in others that is merely what the salesperson would like you to believe...

Alwaysbelieve1
01-21-2007, 08:05 AM
In some cases yes, but in others that is merely what the salesperson would like you to believe...

You are absolutely right! I have encountered both the good and the bad end of salesmanship.

I am blessed to work with a great bunch of people who are in the service of sales every day. :)

They do their best to put the friendly and honest aspect back into it.

Everyone deserves a shot. :) We all work hard and without hard work it shouldn't be done anyway.