PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz Thinks Sanchez Won, If It Had Been A Real Fight Jake Would Be Dead

Cat--Smasher
02-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Nick Diaz Thinks Sanchez Won, If It Had Been A Real Fight Jake Would Be Dead

Nick Diaz
@NickDiaz209
Diego Sanchez won regardless of what the judges think that is what the fight showed!

Nick Diaz
@NickDiaz209
Sad night for old Jake E had this been a real fight he dead!

Quick Twitt | Nick Diaz Thinks Sanchez Won, If It Had Been A Real Fight Jake Would Be Dead | MMA News (http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/?p=14467&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+MM A+NEWS+BLOGS%29)

CtGreat
02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Ummm......no.. This fight wasn't even controversial...not in the least

singinkangaroooo
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Ummm......no.. This fight wasn't even controversial...not in the least

i think he means if the UFC were what he wants it to be (street fights you get paid for) then without the round ending Diego would have kept punching till Elly was dead

but thats y its MMA not street fighting

Cat--Smasher
02-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I am not sure if Nick has resorted to trolling, if he means by "his" ideal rules or if he honestly thinks Diego won that fight.

Could he just be saying it because Diego was moving forward a ton and he is trying to build the case for walking down your opponents in fans eyes?

If he said a draw, then maybe, just maybe, I would entertain his comments as legit.

Ceaser should take Diaz's computer away once Diaz's has spent a bit to much time with his vapo-daddy that day.

rivethead
02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
yeah, more stockton rules nonsense.

If it were a real fight, Jake could have kicked Sanchez in the balls right away and pulled out his eyeball.

I like Nick, but he's not doing himself any favors.

rh

TBEAR
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
yeah, more stockton rules nonsense.

If it were a real fight, Jake could have kicked Sanchez in the balls right away and pulled out his eyeball.

I like Nick, but he's not doing himself any favors.

rh

Can you wear a cup under stockton rules?

KevoOnTheRadio
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm66KBK-2zwBHgE24EmxAVKGqPtMgGRvTcLcfizFDCCSy4GhNiGQskvPaT LQ

Masscore
02-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Can you wear a cup under stockton rules?

Ahem

Under Stockon Rules Book: Rule 38, Section 17 A, Paragraph 2, Line 7 and I quote:

"No cups are allowed because cups be for bitches."

Hope that answers your question.

cnlclink
02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow, Diaz. Ellenberger looked fantastic to me last night. I was very impressed with him. Was pulling for Sanchez kind of but to me there was no controversy at all. That fight was scored perfectly.

Dr. MMA
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
i think he means if the UFC were what he wants it to be (street fights you get paid for) then without the round ending Diego would have kept punching till Elly was dead

but thats y its MMA not street fighting

In the last 10 seconds, Jake got up and they were trading punches until the final bell.

This isn't a street fight, and Ellenberger is much better than Diego. Ellenberger, however, needs to work on his cardio because that has gotten him in trouble before (i.e. the Condit fight and now the Diego fight).

dan the man 67
02-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah Nick, Sanchez won this fight just like you won against Condit.....

CtGreat
02-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Clearly in nicks mind, if someone is walking forward constantly while swinging their arms, then they must be winning.

Pasha K
02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah Nick also thought he won against Condit

Sakara=Excitement
02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Nick was clearly high again.

dbader08
02-17-2012, 02:58 AM
In the last 10 seconds, Jake got up and they were trading punches until the final bell.

This isn't a street fight, and Ellenberger is much better than Diego. Ellenberger, however, needs to work on his cardio because that has gotten him in trouble before (i.e. the Condit fight and now the Diego fight).

I re watched the fight and at 1:50 left in the 3rd round Sanchez lands a very nice left that causes his nose to start pouring, and Jake E wants to coast from that point on. Sanchez pressured him and you could tell Jake didn't like it and he resorted to his wrestling (but was reversed almost instantly). Ellenberger easily won the 1st 2 rounds, though. Too bad it wasn't 5 rounds or we could have really seen him tested.

end it with a left
02-17-2012, 03:02 AM
So we're not putting spoilers in the titles anymore? Cause i thought nick was talking about his fight with sanchez. Thanks for killing the suprise

Sniggles
02-17-2012, 03:08 AM
So we're not putting spoilers in the titles anymore? Cause i thought nick was talking about his fight with sanchez. Thanks for killing the suprise

http://ebae.net/images-drugs/midol-pain-reliever-teen-formula.jpg

sproggy
02-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Clearly in nicks mind, if someone is walking forward constantly while swinging their arms, then they must be winning.

Pay no attention to Diaz,we purposely trained him wrong... as a joke.

end it with a left
02-17-2012, 03:54 AM
http://ebae.net/images-drugs/midol-pain-reliever-teen-formula.jpg

Perhaps you should try taking some of your own medicine there buddy. Just asking a question as this has always been common practice here. Especially since there was a new thread about sanchez talking about his fight with diaz the other day. It wouldnt be that unlikely that diaz would respond.

Sniggles
02-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Logic would dictate that you should not go to a website that has news if you don't want to see news.

CtGreat
02-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Logic would dictate that you should not go to a website that has news if you don't want to see news.

This. When there is a fight that I know Im going to miss, I stay away from Facebok and MMANews.

Cat--Smasher
02-17-2012, 10:11 AM

This was posted 12 hours past the event... Is that not the spoiler rule around here?

Plus, I agree with CT... If I missed fights, I DO NOT go on mma news websites before I have had a chance to watch the fight...2 hours later, 4 hours later, 12 hours later... I have never gotten the spoilers rules to be honest with you.

If I dont want to see the results of a hockey game until I get to watch it, I avoid hockey and sports news or websites. If I missed a boxing match, I avoid boxing websites or sports news until I watch the fight... If I miss a soccer game .. hahaha fuck that I dont watch soccer who are we kidding.

TheKidInside
02-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I think so too but guess what? karma is a bitch for all the gift decisions Diego has gotten of late and him being a douche about it saying they weren't nowhere near close and he won them hands down even when virtually the entire MMA community considered him a loser in that Kampmann fight...

dbader08
02-17-2012, 04:17 PM
There is no point to even say that because MMA isn't anywhere close to a real fight lol

Masscore
02-17-2012, 04:45 PM
There is no point to even say that because MMA isn't anywhere close to a real fight lol

Actually I disagree. It just what street fighters say to feel better about themselves since they would never cut it in MMA. Just like that jackass that was on GSP's team that Koscheck tried to choke out.

But from my own personal expierence my wrestling background has always given me an edge in the few fights I have been in. Basically most people have no idea what they are doing on the ground and my whole goal was to put the guy on his ass, from there who is your money on? The guy with no clue or the guy who has been wrestling more then a decade? So yea MMA training helps a lot when it comes to actual street fights.

dbader08
02-17-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm sure it does help in a street fight I'm just saying it's still different. The main things I had in mind were bare knuckles, no rounds and no ref, random terrain, etc. You could be in a small room or a huge field. Plus, its always different when there is an actual reason to fight other than being an mma fighter. It also seems like it'd be harder to stay composed in a street fight, especially depending on the situation.

CtGreat
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I think so too but guess what? karma is a bitch for all the gift decisions Diego has gotten of late and him being a douche about it saying they weren't nowhere near close and he won them hands down even when virtually the entire MMA community considered him a loser in that Kampmann fight...

You think Diego won that fight???

W.Silva>C.Norris
02-18-2012, 06:54 AM
So, I guess according to nick, the Confederates won the civil war since they kept charging right?

I think its about time for diaz to either make his own promotion, with his rules, or shut the eff up, and start fighting under the rules of the org and comissions he signed on to fight for.

Oh, and he needs to stop talking until he has something smart to say.. so forever.

lwbrewer
02-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Ya Diego won One round that is.lol.

initial_zen
02-19-2012, 04:54 AM
I'm curious as to how it would have been scored in japan, the fight as a whole rather than one round at a time.. Do you guys think if the fight was scored as a whole, would diego have won?

Sniggles
02-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm curious as to how it would have been scored in japan, the fight as a whole rather than one round at a time.. Do you guys think if the fight was scored as a whole, would diego have won?

I would rather have the fight be 2 rounds longer, it really should have been 5 rounds, than think of scoring the matches in different manner.

But to your answer, no. Ellenberger was winning throughout most of the fight while Sanchez caught fire, he did not do enough to warrant a win. Had Jake been closer to risk of losing decisively, I would in fact deem Diego the victor. Jake overcame the onslaught of Diego and was able to put forward his own, meaning the blitz did not do enough damage to offset the beating that Diego had already recieved.