PDA

View Full Version : Need help on protein intake

Wood Welder
01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey everybody, I've been browsing this section of the forums and you guys seem like like you know your stuff, so i'm hoping that you can help me out with my routine. I have 2 questions.

1. I know that your protein intake should match your body weight, but I need to know if I am taking it at the right times. My schedule is 50 grams in the morning(7 am), 50 at lunch(1 pm), 50 after weight training(4:15 pm), and 50 at night(8:30 pm or 9 pm). I weigh 200 lbs btw.

2.I follow the above schedule on weight training days. But how should I take protein on off days.

dudefella
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Just follow the same schedule with it... I usually get some in before bed as well. If you're trying to put on weight, you want to get in the range of 1.5-2g/lb of bodyweight, not just 1g.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey everybody, I've been browsing this section of the forums and you guys seem like like you know your stuff, so i'm hoping that you can help me out with my routine. I have 2 questions.

1. I know that your protein intake should match your body weight, but I need to know if I am taking it at the right times. My schedule is 50 grams in the morning(7 am), 50 at lunch(1 pm), 50 after weight training(4:15 pm), and 50 at night(8:30 pm or 9 pm). I weigh 200 lbs btw.

2.I follow the above schedule on weight training days. But how should I take protein on off days.

50 grams at a time can be very hard to digest and absorb efficiently. You really should include another meal between your first and second to spread this out. Also it is ideal anyway to eat 5-6 times a day to maintain a good metabolism. You shouldn't go more than 3 hours without a meal and you are doing that in the morning which is the most important time to get nourishment.

Try it that way and you will see a much great absorption rate along with much great results all around. The long term is the most important.

supermark21
01-23-2007, 10:29 PM

National nuritional studies said that at the most 35-40 grams of protein can be digested at any single meal. The protein you get from shakes is readily digestable and may move through your system faster. To aid in digestion add flax seed oil for your health fats which will slow the digestive process a bit.
Also take casein protein before bed. its a longer chained protein and will take a few hours to digest