PDA

View Full Version : Whats next for Aussie fighters James Te Huna and Anthony Perosh

Greedo_Porter
03-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi guys,

First thread here !

Anyway im from Sydney and obviously seeing two fellow Aussies get wins live this weekend was awesome!

Anthony Perosh actually runs a martial arts school in Sydney with ex-UFC vet Elvis Sinosic while Jamie Te Huna trains out of my home town, so i always love to see these two finding success in the big leagues.

What i would like to hear from fellow MMA fans outside of Australia is what do you think is next for these two guys?

You may or may not know that both have actually fought before with Te Huna coming out on top and i think they are in two very different spots in their career.

Perosh is only now finding his feet in a division better suited to him after a long time at HW but unfortunately, at 39 years old i dont see him going too far. Id say he may have 2 or 3 fights left in the UFC before it gets a bit too much for him. In saying that i hope he can get maybe one big fight and continue a nice streak into retirement.

Te Huna, at 30 years old, looked like a BEAST in his fight against Rosa. Rosa had no answer to what Te Huna brought to him and he was simply overwhelmed.

If you were match-maker, who would you put against these two Aussies next and what do you see in their future?

Thanks guys !

KevoOnTheRadio
03-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi guys,

First thread here !

Anyway im from Sydney and obviously seeing two fellow Aussies get wins live this weekend was awesome!

Anthony Perosh actually runs a martial arts school in Sydney with ex-UFC vet Elvis Sinosic while Jamie Te Huna trains out of my home town, so i always love to see these two finding success in the big leagues.

What i would like to hear from fellow MMA fans outside of Australia is what do you think is next for these two guys?

You may or may not know that both have actually fought before with Te Huna coming out on top and i think they are in two very different spots in their career.

Perosh is only now finding his feet in a division better suited to him after a long time at HW but unfortunately, at 39 years old i dont see him going too far. Id say he may have 2 or 3 fights left in the UFC before it gets a bit too much for him. In saying that i hope he can get maybe one big fight and continue a nice streak into retirement.

Te Huna, at 30 years old, looked like a BEAST in his fight against Rosa. Rosa had no answer to what Te Huna brought to him and he was simply overwhelmed.

If you were match-maker, who would you put against these two Aussies next and what do you see in their future?

Thanks guys !

I was wondering this same thing the other day. I'm a big fan of The Hippo after the way he stepped up and took on Cro Cop a few years back. And I just think hippos are cool.

MIZjitsZOU
03-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I like Perosh. Would love to see him against a good grappler at 205. Him versus little nog (if little nog) loses would be a treat. Him versus forrest would be a war, but Forrest is probably to big of a name. Bonnar and him would be an awesome fight. I think Perosh is in that category of probably can't hang with the elite of the elite, but a scary mathcup for some of the guys that are on the edge, b/c he is very dangerous and skilled.

Te huna looked awesome. Would love to see him vs Vermola if he doesn't have a fight.

Bummer about Noke. I always liked him. The guy he fought looked awesome. I hope Kyle bouces back in a big way.

NLRepublic
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I think Te Huna/Thiago Silva would be pretty bad ass

Sakara=Excitement
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Te Huna is Drew McFederies V.2

Greedo_Porter
03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Ah id be torn with Te Huna v Vermola as i'm also half Czech ! Te Huna v Thiago Silva would be awesome but in terms of name Silva might be too big at this stage.

Its funny i was thinking Bonnar v Perosh would be awesome but possible wishful thinking and then i heard Perosh actually called for that matchup post-fight. I'm hoping he gets a step up for his next fight.

Im excited to hear who these two pull next, espeically since both received close to no damage in their fights, should be a quick turn around.