PDA

View Full Version : Sapp: I've been working on my ground skills

Cat--Smasher
03-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Sapp: I've been working on my ground skills

Youíre a renowned striker with 2 victories over K-1 Legend Ernesto Hoost to list just 2 fights from your kickboxing record, Iím going to assume youíre going to be looking to knock out James Thompson?

Yes of course. I always look for a KO.

As well as your K-1 skills youíre more than capable on the ground, that fight with Big Nog was an epic battle, how hard have you been working on your ground skills in the lead up to this fight?

Iíve been working on my ground skills. Putting in there upwards of 3 to 6 hours a day dedicated to training. And of course part of it is groundwork, and being that I am a striker, ground work for me is more for positioning and striking on the ground.

Sapp: I've been working on my ground skills - MMA News (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/390242/Sapp-Ive-been-working-on-my-ground-skills/)

:huh:

mma #1 fan
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
hey this is a fight he can win all he has to do is last 4 min

KevoOnTheRadio
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
The only thing he's been working on is suck and fail.

hey this is a fight he can win all he has to do is last 4 min

Are you talking about Thompson or Sapp?

Pasha K
03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
He is trolling. He probably trains one hour a month.

mma #1 fan
03-09-2012, 06:42 PM
The only thing he's been working on is suck and fail.

Are you talking about Thompson or Sapp?

Sapp
Thompson can only last 3 min into a fight

sproggy
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Like I said in another thread sapp is cruising until sfl where he'll show just how good he is and get a title! For all 3 of the events they'll hold. /sarcasm except for that last part......

rabidsponge
03-09-2012, 07:29 PM
only ground skill ive seen from sapp lately is a pretty solid impression of a turtle

MIZjitsZOU
03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
only ground skill ive seen from sapp lately is a pretty solid impression of a turtle

Don't forget about the skill to tap while in said turtle position. That skill saves him from trying to win and from taking further strikes to his turtle shell.

CtGreat
03-11-2012, 01:18 AM
I honestly feel like Frankie Edgar could beat Sap in a fight...

Pasha K
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Sapp showed his huge progress in the ground.
Did you see that amazing technique he used to reverse a genious in the ground such as James Thompson? It was brilliant!!!
Did you see how he controlled James for about 10 seconds? and even more impressive, how he actually trapped Thompson's arm for about 5 seconds?
It shows that he has been training so hard in the ground game, as we all know, Thompson is a BJJ black belt. I hope Sapp competes in ADCC, he would do great!!

I honestly feel like Frankie Edgar could beat Sap in a fight...

I actually think that even an amateur fighter has a good chance of beating him.

W.Silva>C.Norris
03-25-2012, 09:53 AM
remember, you heard it here first.

bob sapp vs ken shamrock. for king of the world.

Repenter
03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
it's insulting to suggest that frankie edgar possibly couldn't beat sapp. he would destroy him

roaddawg
03-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I hope you are being sarcastic. Sapp would utterly butt rape Edgar.

H0SS
03-25-2012, 04:52 PM

Or Frankie could try to land one punch and hope this happens:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1020111_o.gif

dbader08
03-25-2012, 07:42 PM

I have to disagree. Maybe in a small room, but other than that, no. Frankie would see Sapp's punches coming before he started to throw them. All he would have to do is fight cautiously for a few minutes and Sapp would start to gas.

Or Frankie could try to land one punch and hope this happens:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1020111_o.gif

Me and one of my friends couldn't stop laughing our asses off at that one night. It's just hilarious seeing a huge black dude start bawling (especially when he's very muscular and is always making mean faces at the camera)when he gets hit by a smaller guy with what was seemingly not a very hard punch...

roaddawg
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
That wouldn't be enough. This isn't Mike Tyson's Punchout.
Still Edgar would have to try to get in to do damage to Sapp.

Basically I got Edgar getting smother fucked before getting knocked unconcious. There is a reason for weightclasses.