PDA

View Full Version : There Can Only Be One... Dana White.

The8thPlague
03-13-2012, 06:04 AM
or Highlander.

So anyways, I got to thinking about how:
Dana White IS the face of MMA(like it or not, it's true).
And I was thinking WHO could fill his shoes once he's gone?

[Before I go any further.
Could the Moderators make sure that PASHAK cannot comment on this thread at all?
By now we all know that Dana White either beat him up, banged his girlfriend, or shot his dog(or did all 3 at the same time).
Nothing good will come from this if he joins in on the topic.]

I am personally a fan of Dana White.
As far as an in your face personality, take or leave it attitude, "Fuck You, I don't care what you think" vibe about him, He NAILS it.
And I love it, and think that's the type of personality MMA needs.
Someone like Scott Coker seems like a Pushover/Pussy.

I don't want to curse the man or anything, but lets say during all of Dana's travels something bad happens to him & he's no longer the President of the UFC, who do you think could take his throne?

Now obviously I would think it would have to be someone already working for the UFC. Do you think one of the Fertitta's would take the role that Dana has had, doing all the interviews/press conferences/appearances and voicing his opinion about whatever he thinks. Like calling Mayweather a Racist(that was awesome by the way).

Dana White has that Mike Ditka type of personality & personally I like it and don't ever want to see it go.
Long Live Dana! :dancingsmile:

The Donosaur
03-13-2012, 07:15 AM
either chuck liddell, chuck norris, chael sonnen, or a young man who was trained by steven seagel since birth to manage the ufc and push kick his enemies...

Pasha K
03-13-2012, 08:10 AM
[Before I go any further.
Could the Moderators make sure that PASHAK cannot comment on this thread at all?
By now we all know that Dana White either beat him up, banged his girlfriend, or shot his dog(or did all 3 at the same time).
Nothing good will come from this if he joins in on the topic.]

I feel so sorry, but it seems that moderators did not complied your petition.

As far as an in your face personality, take or leave it attitude, "Fuck You, I don't care what you think" vibe about him, He NAILS it.

Ok so you like a douchebag personality. It's OK, to each his own.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee13/ShawnSPeters/Facepalm.jpg

Yeah he does not act like a tough guy wannabe so of course that makes him a pussy.

Dana White has that Mike Ditka type of personality & personally I like it and don't ever want to see it go.
Long Live Dana

awwww how sweet!!

As for your question:

Lorenzo would be a 1000x better main face than Dana. Lorenzo is actually smart and he knows how to control his emotions.
He dresses up properly, and he can make good points without spreading "Fucks", "shits", "morons" or any other words that Dana use in most of his interviews.

Bas Rutten is an excellent example of what is a great personality and he is very respectful at the same time.
Unfortunately Dana will still be the president of the UFC for a very very very long time.

Fortunately, fans watch UFC because of the fighters and the fights. The fighters are the real stars and the real reason of why MMA is popular.
Dana White can continue thinking that he is the coolest person in the world because he curses and spends many hours a day in Twitter answering to fans. At the end of the day he is just a promoter and nothing more than that.

The8thPlague
03-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Damn you Moderators!
Daaaaaaammmnn Youuuuuuu!

The Donosaur
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
hahaha this is the best

Sniggles
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Lorenzo would be the ideal candidate in my book. For the reasons Pashak stated, as well as his knowledge of handling big business, which he currently does. Lorenzo is the Wizard of Oz and Dana White is his projection, the talking figurehead for the media and the fans. But, Lorenzo enjoys his privacy and is not big on being the man in the spotlight. For him to drop the CEO crown and be the president would be folly, as he pulls the strings comfortably where he is.

There is noone else that I know of whom the Fertittas would accept. Bas Rutten would be a great ambassador of the sport, though I don't think he has the personality to be in Dana's shoes. He would be able to command and attention to the sport in a manner that has not been seen, nor do I think it will.

A former legend of the sport would be great to have ruling the most powerful organization in MMA but I don't see anyone besides Bas or Randy Couture. Someone who can see the industry from a fighter's perspective would be great because they would want to improve the sport's gaping holes in regulation before completing a plan of world domination.

<- judges stink

CtGreat
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Lorenzo would be ideal, but I think he is even older than Dana, so it's not like He's going to take over Dana's position as promoter/president. Actually a fan of Dana, I would much rather him just tone it down over time to avoid alienating people.

disposableassassin
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
i'm a dana fan. i dont always agree with him and sometimes i think it would be appropriate if he toned down the language a little bit during some press conferences. the biggest thing i do like about him is that he is not a pushover. coker was a pushover he let his fighters dictate when and where they would fight for him and they put his company in a position to be sold. if dana died today i would want lorenzo to run things until a suitable replacement was found.

Spoon
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
I am personally a fan of Dana White.
For that reason ^, I think Coker would be an excellent choice. Just watch the first UFC event where Dana gave his first interview, after the Fertittas bought the company. Watch the "interview" he did when he went to Pride with Chuck for the 2003 Pride GP. Watch the beginning of the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. Dana came off as a Pushover/Pussy, with a quiet monotone voice, who was clearly uncomfortable speaking in public.

Then he got all pissed off on TUF, and busts out with the "So you want to be a fucking fighter" speech. Fans loved it, as if it was some great pro wresting promo, and suddenly Dana thinks he's a badass. His confidence is boosted, and he develops his "I don't give a shit/tell it like I believe it is" persona.

So basically, I guess anyone could do it, even Scott Coker (if he can find his inner dark side).

Kimbo> Rampage
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg691/scaled.php?server=691&filename=darthdanaunmasked.jpg&res=medium

Sniggles
03-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Lorenzo has even hidden his birthday from the media.

He enjoys being behind the scenes while receiving the accolades that come from being CEO of an acquisition that he forged into a billion dollar entity.

The8thPlague
03-14-2012, 05:32 AM
A former legend of the sport would be great to have ruling the most powerful organization in MMA but I don't see anyone besides Bas or Randy Couture. Someone who can see the industry from a fighter's perspective would be great because they would want to improve the sport's gaping holes in regulation before completing a plan of world domination.

That would be pretty awesome. I could totally see something like that going over very well.

i'm a dana fan. i dont always agree with him and sometimes i think it would be appropriate if he toned down the language a little bit during some press conferences. the biggest thing i do like about him is that he is not a pushover. coker was a pushover he let his fighters dictate when and where they would fight for him and they put his company in a position to be sold. if dana died today i would want lorenzo to run things until a suitable replacement was found.

That sounds good too.