PDA

View Full Version : Anti mma boxing writers...

Hypergit
01-24-2007, 10:18 AM
...is it just politics and $ that is causing it, or do they genuinely dislike mma?

Luis Cruz
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
...is it just politics and $ that is causing it, or do they genuinely dislike mma?

I'm sure some of them feel threatened a little (writers, fans, etc.) with the fats rising MMA. But you can't ignore the MMA writers who like to take stabs at boxing by constantly saying MMA is safer and better because....blah. The funny thing is it's the writers and the irrelevant people making it a competition while the fighters don't say anything. I'm sure there's a couple but for the most part you know there's a respect amongst the fighters. I hate the constant bashing both ways, people need to just let both of these sports co exist and quit trying to dog the other.

Hypergit
01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Maybe I'm reading the situation through mma-tinted glasses (although I enjoy boxing too), but I see unprovoked (and usually off topic) swipes at mma far more frequently than visa-versa and it seems to be getting worse recently.

Afro
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I think its competition, I agree with Cruz.. every chance Dana has he takes a shot at boxing, in fact the one thing that bugged me is he used his TV time on Quite Frankly to put down boxing rather then really talk about the sport.. which is fine I understand its a business but being a huge fan of both I just personally get sick of the comparing of the two why the fuck cant they just co-exist? its always UFC vs Pride vs Boxing.. neither is going no where whether you like it or not ya know? it is kind of messed up that guys like Dana throw the fact that people die in boxing in everyones faces, and its messed up that Boxing keeps referring to MMA as barbaric street fighting but its competition.

supermark21
01-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Hes trying to speak to people that are new to the sport and believe his BS.
I never watch quite frankly cause i dont like the host. What did dana say?