PDA

View Full Version : DFW: I'd love to do GSP vs. Silva in Canada

Cat--Smasher
03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
DFW: I'd love to do GSP vs. Silva in Canada

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=63&q=75&x=0&y=4&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=gsp-anderson-silva.jpg

GSP on GSP vs. Anderson Silva

“I have considered it, of course," said St-Pierre on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of facing Silva. "But the thing is, right now, I’m focusing on one thing at a time, focusing on my knee. Once my knee will be 100-percent, I will focus on getting back to my title."

“When I get back to my title, depending on what’s going on, I might have to take another fight. If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we’ll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I’m going to go up or if he’s going to come down, it’s too far away to think about it right now, but it’s something that could happen, of course.

Dana White on GSP vs. Anderson Silva

“Obviously it’s a fight that people have been talking about for a long time," said White. "So like Georges said, first of all, he has to get healthy. Then he’s got to fight Condit. Anderson is fighting Chae, and then we’ll see where we go from there."

“I know that Anderson couldn’t make 170, so it would depend on Georges moving up, or those guys meet at a catch-weight or something like that."

“I want to put on big fights. I want to put on fights the fans want to see. I know how big that fight is. Imagine if we did Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre anywhere in Canada, how big that fight would be. Believe me, I’d love to do. We’ll see what happens.”

DFW: I'd love to do GSP vs. Silva in Canada - MMA News (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/392815/DFW-Id-love-to-do-GSP-vs-Silva-in-Canada/)

_DCdoctr_
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I guess I should go ahead and file the papers to get a passport just in case. I will see this fight live and in person regardless of the event's location.

BP

Kimbo> Rampage
03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Why Give GSP the homecourt?

Do it in the US or another country besides Brazil or Canada(none that really make sense come to mind)

I dont want to see it if it happens too much in the future either. Just like Mayweather/Paciao, The longer until the fight happens, the more it benefits GSP. Anderson is getting old.

It would make the most sense to do a big show in Vegas or have it at a huge stadium like in Dallas or even have it be at MSG for the first NY card.