PDA

View Full Version : Former UFC Champ Brock Lesnar May Return At Sunday's WWE Wrestlemania

Cat--Smasher
03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Former UFC Champ Brock Lesnar May Return At Sunday's WWE Wrestlemania

The WWE's biggest event of the year is Sunday's Wrestlemania 28 and there is speculation that Lesnar might make an appearance to help generate buzz for an appearance at the 2013 event. There is no indication that Lesnar wants to return to wrestling full time as he wasn't a fan of the road schedule before his departure in 2006.

According to Meltzer, Lesnar is no longer obligated to the UFC:

Dana White confirmed that Lesnar is legally able to do WrestleMania. He had been under a UFC contract but had retired from the promotion. White was not aware if Lesnar was doing the show.

Former UFC Champ Brock Lesnar May Return At Sunday's WWE Wrestlemania - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/31/2915440/brock-lesnar-return-to-wwe-ufc-wrestlemania-27-dana-white-sunday)

Report: Brock Lesnar Returns To WWE On One Year Contract, Dana White Fine With It - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/31/2917186/ufc-report-brock-lesnar-returns-wwe-dana-white-mma-news)

BE's Josh Nason (via Dave Meltzer) reported this morning that former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was close to returning to his former home, World Wrestling Entertainment, at WrestleMania 28 tomorrow night. Now it appears that it will be on a much larger scale that a one-off appearance, and UFC president Dana White is fine with it. Dave Meltzer has the news (as usual):

Brock Lesnar has arrived in Miami and arrived with security and a large group of people shielding him from everyone. This is the going story, but not confirmed, that Lesnar has signed a one year deal and will work a more than Undertaker and less than Goldberg type of schedule.

Report: Brock Lesnar Returns To WWE On One Year Contract, Dana White Fine With It - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/31/2917186/ufc-report-brock-lesnar-returns-wwe-dana-white-mma-news)

Dana White sues Brock Lesnar, enjoins WrestleMania 28

MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani asked Dana White about Lesnar:

@arielhelwani
Not sure if the rumors of Brock signing with WWE are true right now, but if you're wondering whether @danawhite/UFC would be ok with it ...

@arielhelwani
He just told me, "no." And that it's "on." Rest was not fit to print

The UG's own Cindy O offers further confirmation, directly from White himself.

Edited: 04/01/12 2:34 AM

FWIW, I just asked DW about Lesnar in general and he doesn't know what Lesnar was thinking of, but he has no right contractualy to return to wrestling this early, and as he decided to do so DW says it's war.

Cindy

IceCold48
03-31-2012, 06:13 PM
No please no! This would not be good for the image of mma.

disposableassassin
03-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Eh a paychecks a paycheck. More power to him. This doesn't hurt mma in my eyes and I could care less if it makes a few close minded people freak.

The Donosaur
03-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh no the image of mma is gonna be destroyed. Just like the billion other times that somebody on here said mma's reputation would be tarnished, & sure enough, every single time mma was ruined. In other news liddell changed fabric softners(sport ruined).

Kimbo> Rampage
03-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Eh a paychecks a paycheck. More power to him. This doesn't hurt mma in my eyes and I could care less if it makes a few close minded people freak.

Yes

NLRepublic
03-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I agree who cares, Lesnar came to MMA from the WWE, it's not like people wouldn't see this coming.

Didn't Tyson do this with Austin back in the day anyway?

Cat--Smasher
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Really makes you wonder how much Lesnar really had to do with the Undertaker plant at that UFC PPV.