PDA

View Full Version : Rumour - Brock Lesnar signs 1 year deal with WWE

mmafan111
04-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Source - Brock Lesnar reportedly signs one-year deal with WWE, to return at Wrestlemania 28 (http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_12921.shtml)

Dave Meltzer has reported that it's a done deal and he will return tomorrow night at WM28.

Leucoethiops
04-01-2012, 07:08 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/kvvxv.jpg

Returns at Wrestlemania and F5's the Rock AND Cena.

Wonder how much Dana and Co. made by letting him out of his contract.

dimerules28
04-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Lol for the first time in years gotta admit I'm a little intrigued to see what they are gonna do with him

roaddawg
04-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Its kinda obvious. Hes going to do as Lecuo predicted. Although I think hes going after Jon Cena. Rock will get the pin then he will probably F5 the Rock.

LefthookStcrook
04-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Shit why not cash in while your name is still somewhat hot. Brock could do a year or two in the WWE and kill it finacially.

I dont know the current status of the WWE but im sure they're going to hype the shit out of him if this is true.

Flynnja
04-01-2012, 08:43 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/kvvxv.jpg

Returns at Wrestlemania and F5's the Rock AND Cena.

Wonder how much Dana and Co. made by letting him out of his contract.

made my night

IceCold48
04-01-2012, 09:04 AM
This is horrible I wanna fuck someone up I'm so mad black eye from mma I'm drunk don't neg me

dbader08
04-01-2012, 09:06 AM
This is horrible I wanna fuck someone up I'm so mad black eye from mma I'm drunk don't neg me

Quick, before you start destroying everything in your house, just watch this video of that guy in your sig fucking Lesnar up Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem Fight Video UFC 141 (http://mmaversus.com/2011/12/31/brock-lesnar-vs-alistair-overeem-fight-video-ufc-141/)

H0SS
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
He'll probably announce his match for Wrestlemania 29 :confusedsmilie:

macewen
04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
after the whole taker shit from before, he probably saves taker, and challenges for the streak next year, or maybe not saves, but keeps the streak alive because he wants to end it ;)

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I've been calling Brock to return at Mania since his loss to Overeem. The fact that there was complete radio silence on this until the day before WM is pretty awesome, since it means only Vince, Brock, Steph, HHH, Rock & Cena know, they've been keeping a tight lid on things cuz the dirtsheets haven't said a fucking thing.

This is the perfect way for WWE to have the main event be a schmoz with neither Cena or Rock having to do the job(a big sticking point in the company). IMO, the lights go out with both men on mat & come back on with Brock in the ring. Double F5's and leaves them lying with Brock standing victorious as they go off the air. Can't think of a greater cliffhanger for next night's Raw(that happens to be their biggest of the year) and gives legs to Cena & Rock to have a three-way match at Summerslam &/or WM29 as planned. Brock's such a massive name in combat sports, this is the type of thing WWE has been salivating for a while now.

I don't see them involving Brock with Taker if only because I don't think Brock can work well enough to compensate for the current physically deteriorated state Taker's in. They're also pretty determined to have HHH/HBK be the backstory so they can have a bout together at next year's Mania too. The Streak will only be defended against guys who can work GREAT & protect the shit out of Taker and bump like hell for him. Brock(if he's not back fulltime, is therefore not the guy). I think next year, if Taker's still able to work his Santa Claus schedule(1 day a year lol), I think Barrett, Ziggler or Punk get the nod.

Mark my words, if this happens(could be a smoke screen since Batista's in town too) it'll 99% be in Rock/Cena and leave both men laying. I've also heard a Cena heel turn is possible, but his merch sells amazingly and is too great of a cash cow to give up.....

Also wouldn't be surprised if WWE does something ridiculous like just book a showdown between Batista and Brock. Their booking is TERRIBLE for the most part and they might do something out of the realm of commmon sense.

Anything involving Brock's return is ALL ABOUT the next night's RAW rating coupled with selling tickets in NJ for next year's Mania.

The Donosaur
04-01-2012, 11:20 AM
i just don't think the rock would agree to do all this build up just to have a draw cliffhanger.

rivethead
04-01-2012, 02:53 PM
meh.

I think the only thing that will disappoint me is if a lot of MMA fighters show up in the crowd and are pointed out as celebrities. I thought that was pretty sad when WWE guys showed up at UFC events and were subtitled with their "championship" accolades, but at least they were coming to MMA for attention and legitimacy, not the other way around.

Although it occurs to me that I'll never know, as I have less interest in watching any professional wrestling events than I do in eating poo.

rh

oh, and I'm leaving the misspelling in the title because it made me laugh.

roaddawg
04-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I've been calling Brock to return at Mania since his loss to Overeem. The fact that there was complete radio silence on this until the day before WM is pretty awesome, since it means only Vince, Brock, Steph, HHH, Rock & Cena know, they've been keeping a tight lid on things cuz the dirtsheets haven't said a fucking thing.

This is the perfect way for WWE to have the main event be a schmoz with neither Cena or Rock having to do the job(a big sticking point in the company). IMO, the lights go out with both men on mat & come back on with Brock in the ring. Double F5's and leaves them lying with Brock standing victorious as they go off the air. Can't think of a greater cliffhanger for next night's Raw(that happens to be their biggest of the year) and gives legs to Cena & Rock to have a three-way match at Summerslam &/or WM29 as planned. Brock's such a massive name in combat sports, this is the type of thing WWE has been salivating for a while now.

I don't see them involving Brock with Taker if only because I don't think Brock can work well enough to compensate for the current physically deteriorated state Taker's in. They're also pretty determined to have HHH/HBK be the backstory so they can have a bout together at next year's Mania too. The Streak will only be defended against guys who can work GREAT & protect the shit out of Taker and bump like hell for him. Brock(if he's not back fulltime, is therefore not the guy). I think next year, if Taker's still able to work his Santa Claus schedule(1 day a year lol), I think Barrett, Ziggler or Punk get the nod.

Mark my words, if this happens(could be a smoke screen since Batista's in town too) it'll 99% be in Rock/Cena and leave both men laying. I've also heard a Cena heel turn is possible, but his merch sells amazingly and is too great of a cash cow to give up.....

Also wouldn't be surprised if WWE does something ridiculous like just book a showdown between Batista and Brock. Their booking is TERRIBLE for the most part and they might do something out of the realm of commmon sense.

Anything involving Brock's return is ALL ABOUT the next night's RAW rating coupled with selling tickets in NJ for next year's Mania.

Anyways...

When did HBK come back? I thought he retired like Edge? I seldomly have time to keep up with the WWE due to my work schedule.

pimpslappd
04-01-2012, 04:43 PM
is this all part of some stupid april fools shit?

Eric T Smith
04-01-2012, 05:24 PM
If Wrestlemania wasn't $80 I'd consider ordering it.

Masscore
04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I doubt he will come back tonight. Watch for him to return at the Draft or tomorrow night. He still has to get back into pro wrestling shape which is not easy.

If I was the WWE I would have Cena beat the Rock, come out tomorrow night and give a great promo about now being the best of all time. Then Lesnar come back and just destroy him and set up a Cena v. Lesnar rivalry for his return.

roaddawg
04-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I doubt he will come back tonight. Watch for him to return at the Draft or tomorrow night. He still has to get back into pro wrestling shape which is not easy.

He doesn't have to get into WWE shape to deliver 2 F5s.

If I was the WWE I would have Cena beat the Rock, come out tomorrow night and give a great promo about now being the best of all time. Then Lesnar come back and just destroy him and set up a Cena v. Lesnar rivalry for his return.

That sure wouldn't do much for the Rock's career now would it? I think that that idea is horrible. Both Cena and Rock should get destroyed by Brock setting up a triple threat match or whatever its called for Monday Night Raw or whenever it comes on.

Lesnar_FTW
04-01-2012, 06:41 PM

If the reports are true that he signed a deal and he's in Miami, which I believe they are, he's definitely showing up tonight. He shows up tonight you will get some people to watch RAW tomorrow night and possibly stick with watching it that otherwise may not. He shows up tomorrow night and you miss grabbing those potential viewers.

lwbrewer
04-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Either way I'm not watching it. What ever happens it doesn't have to make sense just money the Vince way!

Y2JUBAE
04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Rivet, I doubt they will push mma at all. They had Chael in the audience recently and never acknowledged him. If any show up just to support Brock, they probably won't acknowledge them. I also think Vince would like for people to forget Brock's mma career considering the last couple fights he had that ended it... They have a way of erasing (ignoring) history in the wwe. I think Vince is smart enough to realize mma hurts prowrestling in a big way and has taken a lot of the fans who want to see real fights rather than rehearsed, whether he admits it or not. I think he would be smart to try and recruit Tito or Randy Coture in some fashion like he did with Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock back in the day. I can see Tito and Randy transitioning well like Ken did. Ken actually did pretty well.
-------

For Mania, an awesome ending would be... Rock/Cena - ref is down, HBK comes out (already a ref that night) kicks Rock, counts Cena as the winner. (sets up hbk rock next year). Then just as you think the show's over and cena is celebrating, here comes the pain. Brock F5's Cena. Setting up the main event for next year.

I think WWE knows they did a great job by building the main event for a year with rock/cena and they will do the same this year on a bigger scale. I wouldn't get any hopes up though, I always expect them to drop the ball and I'm rarely disappointed.

Cat--Smasher
04-01-2012, 09:59 PM
UFC President Dana White publically addresses Brock Lesnar rumors (http://network.yardbarker.com/mma/article_external/ufc_president_dana_white_publically_addresses_broc k_lesnar_rumors/10457791)

UFC President Dana White addressed rumors of Brock Lesnar possibly involving himself tonight at WrestleMania XXVIII.

“I have no idea if Brock is wrestling but if he is, good for him,” he wrote on Twitter. “He is able to do it.”

mmawolverine
04-02-2012, 03:09 AM
here comes the pain!

GL Jeff
04-02-2012, 06:03 AM
He was a no show,might be on RAW.

Sakara=Excitement
04-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Yeah....about that.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
WWE loves to fake out the internet. They do smokescreen shit like this all the time just to get the dirtsheets hook, line and sinker on something, then get tongues wagging. Similar thing happened at Rumble.

This could really just be about the video game or something like a new DVD venture. They've got a world of hype surrounding this and their ratings tomorrow should be huge(due to it being the post Wrestlemania RAW) and if he showed up tomorrow night, it would still start some amazing buzz. That said, if he doesn't show up tomorrow night, I'm probably thinking it was all just a swerve.

dbader08
04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
This is the most interested I have been in pro wrestling in quite some time...it seems alot of you guys feel the same way. lol and for nothing possibly...

Sakara=Excitement
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
The 5 Million Dollar Man | Lesnar Cashes In With 12 Month WWE Contract | MMA News (http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/05/the-5-million-dollar-man-lesnar-cashes-in-with-12-month-wwe-contract-18473.html)

Former UFC heavyweight wrecking machine Brock Lesnar has reportedly inked a 12-month deal with the WWE for five-million-dollars.

We reported on Tuesday that he made an appearance on the pro-wrestling companies Monday night program and now if rumor holds true that was more than just a guest cameo.

Cage Side Seats busted the lid off this story:

The details surrounding Brock Lesnar’s new WWE contract are beginning to emerge and it looks like the former Undisputed Champion has gotten himself a plum of a deal.

According to sPyWareInsider, Lesnar’s brand new deal — reportedly agreed upon and signed during WrestleMania 28 weekend and rumored to be in the $5 million range — will last through next year’s WrestleMania at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey. There, he will assumedly take part in a huge match-up with tons of mainstream press behind it. The Rock? The Undertaker? His victim last night, John Cena? All potential bouts would rake in tons of cash and score hundreds of thousands of pay-per-view (PPV) buys.

The current plan is for Lesnar to make appearances about twice a month with an even greater frequency in the months leading up to WrestleMania 29. The report also goes to state additional appearances could be negotiated on a case by case basis.

Sniggles
04-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Cha-ching.