PDA

View Full Version : Edison Miranda vs Allan Green

Afro
01-27-2007, 04:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=2742375
Cannot Wait!

Luis Cruz
01-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Wow, i didn't know shit about this good find. I think Green's streak is about to come to a crashing halt in a hard way. It could be a good slugfest but after seeing him rocked by a guy with no power Miranda could issue him a death sentence but Green got his own power so he can't be counted totally out. Can't wait to see the odds on this fight. Glad it's an undercard for Cotto because that really did need a good undercard fight.

billbrasky
01-28-2007, 01:50 AM
This is the kind of fights boxing needs and HBO needs after some subpar showcase cards. This is a true pick em fight. I lean slightly to Miranda but Green cannot be counted out at all. I cant wait

Afro
01-28-2007, 01:50 AM
I agree I cannnnot wait! im pullin for Green cuz thats my boy but Miranda is a beast too and I think hes gonna give Green his first loss.

big_juge
01-28-2007, 07:28 AM
his low blows and headbutts couldn't finish off Arthur Abraham, Abraham is a better boxer and will show that again in their rematch.

NearDark
02-07-2007, 04:58 AM
I like Allan Green in this fight. Miranda has that 'punchers chance' that will be his only salvation in this fight. Green is a much better boxer and has power to back it up.

Problem with Miranda is he broke Arthur's jaw, had him all but finished, but couldn't finish him and resorted to fouling. I know about Miranda's hard upbringing but that aside he showed some mental issues in his fight with Abraham that doesn't spell good news for a fight on the level of Allan Green. Miranda's only hope is to land a big punch to knock out Green, because otherwise Green is going to outbox and pick apart Miranda until it's a KO.

Allan Green is the kind of boxer that will keep the sport alive. He is always exciting to watch, shows no mercy in the ring and is very talented. We've watched him develop over many fights on ESPN's always good Friday Night Fights show and I'm glad he is getting a good money fight finally.

Afro
03-04-2007, 05:40 AM
I am off the Green wagon after this fight, he pissed me off with all that holding.. glad to see Miranda get the W, dude deserved it.. mad exciting boxer to watch too.

Luis Cruz
03-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Miranda threw every dirty and illegal tactic in the book, he was pissing me off. But aside from that, Green started off ok but then stopped which makes me believe he got caught by something to deter him from engaging. He caught Miranda going backwards and off balance late but it was still a very good punch, i just don't think he would've dropped him had it not been for his legs crossing. Miranda brutalized him at the end of the fight even landing that one right at the last bell that almost finished him. 10 more seconds that fight ends by KO for Miranda. He still needs some serious work on his boxing skills, he puts punches together like an amature. They also need to get on him with his dirty ass fighting, i hate people like that. But in the same tune Green's holding was annoying as hell too. It didn't live up to my expectations by any means and it should've.

Marquez vs Vazquez was an awesome fight and with that win (and making Vazquez quit because of his broken nose) Marquez shows why he's been a top p4p fighter on my list. I had him only behind Floyd and of course some will argue Winky. If Hopkins beats Winky conviningly and Oscar does the same to Floyd, i will proudly display Rafael Marquez as the pound for pound best boxer in boxing and argue with anyone about it. Pac is up there too but he needs to fight Juan Marquez again because i don't think he can beat him.

Boxing's putting some great fights together thus far this year, it's up to the fighters to live up to it and perform.

I almost forgot about Vic beating Burgos up. That's a scary ending and gave signs when someone could slip into a coma. I haven't seen any updates but i hope he's ok. That should've been stopped long before that.

Afro
03-04-2007, 08:29 PM
If Hop beats Winky and Oscar beats Floyd, ill gladly agree with you

But I wouldnt put Marquez over these 3 fighters

PBF
Winky
Pacman

but I didnt see the Marquez fight yet, I caught the very boring Cotto fight =/

Salvy_Mic
03-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Wow, that Miranda/Green fight was a big disappointment for me. Honest to God, I almost fell asleep when I watched it this morning. (Since I had to work grave last night starting at 7 PM, I had both shows taped, thanks to my dad's DVR from his cable service. I refused to look at anything boxing-related until I got to see both shows this morning). I watched the Marquez/Vazquez fight first, and that was one of the most exciting fights I've seen. A bit frustrated it got stopped early, but they both want rematches, so we should have Part 2 maybe by the end of the year. Early FOTY candidate, so far.

But yeah, Miranda/Green disappointed me. Green didn't fight like it was the biggest fight of his life, whereas Miranda's dirty ass tried to do everything to win, and win convincingly. Green jabbed, held, and ran for the whole fight, but with that sort of showing, he's gonna need a few more fights and another year before he gets a title shot.