PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss supplements?

Rufio
01-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I've heard mixed reviews about them. Some people think you'll lose muscle on them while others think they're great even for lifting weights due to the added stamina. Has anyone here used any of them, and if so what are your thoughts?

Clint
01-28-2007, 04:42 PM
What are your goals? As long as you are lifting sufficiently heavy and intensly enough then you won't lose muscle.

Rufio
01-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I mainly want to lose about 5 pounds of fat in a short period of time and gain about 15 pounds of muscle. I lift enough weight that I'm at failure around 10 reps for most lifts. On bench, I tend to keep the weight at a level where I'm at failure around 5 reps. I work out about 3 times a week right now, two days for upper body and one day for lower body, with 30 minutes of cardio each day.

I live in a small town where the gym's half an hour from my house, so it costs money to make extra trips. I'd like to increase my cardio just by jogging more often around the house. There's a decent hill around here, so it's basically incline cardio. Some people seem to think that's too much cardio though. Thing is, I only eat slightly less on my off days, so I'm thinking weight loss supplements and increased cardio on days when I''m not at the gym couldn't hurt.

Also, do weight loss supplements that are metabolism boosters help with lifting stamina at all? I mainly ask because I sometimes show up to the gym slightly tired. I'll yawn as I'm setting my weights up. :)

Clint
01-28-2007, 10:56 PM
I would say increase your cardio and keep up in your weight lifting. Then once you've lost the couple of pounds ease some of the cardio out.

For energy before your workout try just some caffeine tablets (you can get them at walmart). As for weight loss supplements VPX Redline and SAN Tight are your two best choices.

Warchief
01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I would say increase your cardio and keep up in your weight lifting. Then once you've lost the couple of pounds ease some of the cardio out.

For energy before your workout try just some caffeine tablets (you can get them at walmart). As for weight loss supplements VPX Redline and SAN Tight are your two best choices.
Clint how about ephedrine supplements? is this stuff still banned.

Clint
01-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Ephedra (the plant form) is banned but you can get ephedrine (the chemical form still). 20mg Ephedrine combined with 200mg caffeine will work beautifully. The other two are just simpler to go to the store and get.

Just google vasopro and obviously don't take more than the reccomended amounts.

Warchief
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Ephedra (the plant form) is banned but you can get ephedrine (the chemical form still). 20mg Ephedrine combined with 200mg caffeine will work beautifully. The other two are just simpler to go to the store and get.

Thanx for the info.

supermark21
01-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Supposed to take asprin with it to avoid the affects of vaso constriction. ITs called the ECA stack

Clint
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Supposed to take asprin with it to avoid the affects of vaso constriction. ITs called the ECA stack

For weight loss the aspirin is a great addition because it will increase the halflife of the other two supplements as well but mnay people reccomend against the aspirin preworkout. I believe because of the blood thinning effect, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Rufio
02-05-2007, 07:05 AM
I've heard that if you take them and go off, you could wind up with a supressed metabolism. Any truth to that? Anyway, I just started taking Hydroxycut Hardcore. So far, I can tell that I'm slightly firmer already. My energy is way up, although the first day I took 2 of them within 4 hous and it felt like I was on speed. Now I'm making sure there's 5 hours between pills. I'll see how it goes.