PDA

View Full Version : Triceps

matto
01-28-2007, 12:11 PM
lately i have been having problems with my triceps, doing pressdowns im just not feeling it at all, iv tried rasing the weigh and doing lower reps and tried to lower the weight and do higer reps but am just not feeling it, this is odd for me cause iv always been a huge pressdown guy, i would aprecialte some help

also i would love to hear other tricep exercises besides, pressdowns, extensions, rope pressdowns, kickbacks, dips, and close grip presses.

please help me out.:sadsmile1: :sadsmile1: :sadsmile1:

Clint
01-28-2007, 04:54 PM
The 3 board press. Do bench press but with 3 2X4 boards (or somthing equivalent) laying on your chest so that you are effectively doing bench press but only the top half.

Also, are you training for looks or for strength?

steelebone
01-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I do decline skull crushers. This excercise nails my tri's. Try doing a super set with this excercise and kickbacks.

Ubermensch
01-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Have you done your rope pressdowns by extending the rope down then pulling both sides of the rope out to both sides of your hips for the bottom of your extention???

Do you change your Grip etc etc. The whole thing is to Shock the system it may be basic but it really matters.

DeVanteSwing
02-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I do decline skull crushers. This excercise nails my tri's. Try doing a super set with this excercise and kickbacks.

skull crushers are a good one.. i do them on the flat bench

dips but focus on the negative portion of it... lower yourself slowly (3 seconds).. short pause and then push yourself back up ..... elbows always in..

when i first started weightlifting, i had the same problem... i was just burning through the exercises without much success... but i overhauled my workout trying to focus on proper form/technique... and now it's all good