PDA

View Full Version : Stir Fry

matto
01-28-2007, 05:14 AM
i love stir frys with vegetables and meats like steak and chicken (no fish) and love then at the resturant but when i try to make them they always come out all dry and untasteful. could you guys please give me some suggestions that still keep it healthy and low fat. i just put some mixed vegetables with some chicken or steark strips into the pan and it doesnt come out good.

Clint
01-28-2007, 09:58 AM
All I ever do is:
* Put a tough of sesame oil in a pan with some precooked frozen chicken (I cook all of my chicken at once and then freeze most of it)
* Stir that around until it's thawed a bit and then add my frozen mixed veggies
* Let that cook until everything is close to cooked and then add some soy sauce or sugar free teriyaki sauce. You could also use a thai red chili sauce or something to that extent.

matto
01-28-2007, 06:00 PM
thanks that should make it taste better, and not so dry.

supermark21
02-08-2007, 12:59 PM
add red wine vinegar or marinade to it. comes out perfectly juicy

DeVanteSwing
02-19-2007, 07:17 PM
All I ever do is:
* Put a tough of sesame oil in a pan with some precooked frozen chicken (I cook all of my chicken at once and then freeze most of it)
* Stir that around until it's thawed a bit and then add my frozen mixed veggies
* Let that cook until everything is close to cooked and then add some soy sauce or sugar free teriyaki sauce. You could also use a thai red chili sauce or something to that extent.

hey clint
how long can you usually freeze the chicken for before it spoils?

Clint
02-19-2007, 07:30 PM
hey clint
how long can you usually freeze the chicken for before it spoils?

If you keep it in a good ziplock baggie and it's airtight, you can keep it for as long as you want. If they aren't airtight it will get freezer burn, but the chicken will still be safe to eat (it will just taste bad)

Clint
02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
How bad is Rice for you?

Would there be a differance in Steamed Rice and Fried Rice which I love as part of stirfry?

Rice is okay depending on the situation. Brown is better than white and unfried would be better than fried (if it's fried in an oil). Rince in general would be best for your post workout meal.

Rufio
02-20-2007, 01:30 AM
From what I've heard, brown rice is better in the morning since it's a low gylcemic carb, but white rice is better post-workout as it's a high glycemic carb, which helps facilitate protein synthesis. I admit my souce is Muscle & Fitness magazine, rather than any official scientific study. Thoughts?