PDA

View Full Version : RJJ v. Hopkins II?

JimmyMoore
01-29-2007, 10:39 PM
DiBella, Jones Jr. reach deal!
DiBella Entertainment has reached agreement with Roy Jones, Jr. to co-promote the former world champion with Square Ring, Inc., it was announced today by DBE president Lou DiBella. Jones is targeting Bernard Hopkins later this year. "Roy Jones Jr. is not only one of the legendary fighters of this generation, but one of the greatest boxers in the history of the game. I am excited about the opportunity to promote him with Square Ring," said DiBella. "We will move forward to make the superfight against Hopkins on July 21 as long as the deal is fair to all parties and the fight is on an even playing field. I have never failed to make a fair deal with Golden Boy when we have negotiated for a fight that our fighters wanted."

I would love to see this fight! Although I think, without his speed, BHop dismantles him.

Afro
01-29-2007, 10:42 PM
wow... Hopkins will win this, what is Roy thinkin!?

Punk Ass
01-30-2007, 02:30 AM
wow... Hopkins will win this, what is Roy thinkin!?

SMH :confusedsmilie: I honestly think he doesn't know he's not as good anymore. That happens to some fighters where they want to prove to themselves they are still the best. Just look at Holyfield.

I really do hope RJJ has one last fight left in him. That would really turn the casual fans opinion on him around if he could manage to pull off that win.

Dork8503
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
hopkins is getting up there in age, but i still say he wins this. I agree without roys speed he will be in trouble. But i wouldnt be shocked if roy won. i would be more surprised if either one got knocked out

JimmyMoore
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Latest rumor...

Hopkins vs Winky?
Bernard Hopkins (47-4-1, 32 KOs) will return on July 21 to face Winky Wright (51-3-1) in a pay-per-view showdown on HBO-PPV. The bout will take place at a catchweight of 170 pounds. Wright's adviser and attorney Jim Wilkes told the St. Petersburg Times that contracts haven't been signed and the site (New York or Las Vegas) hasn't been chosen, but those issues are formalities and the deal is for the most part done.

Seriously, how many rumors can BHop be involved in at the same time. Since retiring I've read that he "is in negations" with Calzaghe, Roy Jones, Maskaev, and now Winky. I know better than to take this too seriously, but the possibility of this fight is gives me a semi. Id rather see Bhop/Winky than Oscar/Mayweather.

Afro
02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Latest rumor...

Hopkins vs Winky?
Bernard Hopkins (47-4-1, 32 KOs) will return on July 21 to face Winky Wright (51-3-1) in a pay-per-view showdown on HBO-PPV. The bout will take place at a catchweight of 170 pounds. Wright's adviser and attorney Jim Wilkes told the St. Petersburg Times that contracts haven't been signed and the site (New York or Las Vegas) hasn't been chosen, but those issues are formalities and the deal is for the most part done.

Seriously, how many rumors can BHop be involved in at the same time. Since retiring I've read that he "is in negations" with Calzaghe, Roy Jones, Maskaev, and now Winky. I know better than to take this too seriously, but the possibility of this fight is gives me a semi. Id rather see Bhop/Winky than Oscar/Mayweather.
Hopkins/Winky I would NOT mind seeing though.. WOW that would be a classic fight please let it happen

Luis Cruz
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Latest rumor...

Hopkins vs Winky?

What's the source, i'll tell you if it's creditible or not?

JimmyMoore
02-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Its the first story at www.fightnews.com... They are usually pretty good about distingishing rumors from done deals though. And like i said, this is the fouth rumor ive heard regarding Hopkins.
I especially like the part where the dude says the signing of the contracts is a "formality"

Luis Cruz
02-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Its the first story at www.fightnews.com... They are usually pretty good about distingishing rumors from done deals though. And like i said, this is the fouth rumor ive heard regarding Hopkins.
I especially like the part where the dude says the signing of the contracts is a "formality"

Not sure about them. Ones i know ARE NOT creditible are doghouse boxing, they report EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they hear from even the neighbors dog. They report Hopkins is fighting Jones then an hour later there will be a story under that one that says Hopkins is eyeing a fight with Jesus Christ himself. They're just ridiculous. If maxboxing posts something it's usually on the money IF THEY posted it. Also of course ESPN's Brian Kenny will talk during telecasts about any legit rumors or fights that are signed. I heard about the same rumors you did about Hokins' next opponent. The Maskaev sounded the most real but that might've fell through, who knows. I will until i see a press conference with him and his opponent or see something on FNF.