PDA

View Full Version : Silva and Seagal battle over Budweiser

trustkill
05-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Link to full article: Silva and Seagal battle over Budweiser | Fightlinker.com (http://fightlinker.com/silva-and-seagal-battle-over-budweiser/)

http://s.glbimg.com/jo/eg/f/620x0/2012/05/17/mg_9787.jpg

http://fightlinker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/silvaseagal.jpg

http://fightlinker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/andersonseagal2.jpg

From an article on Brazilian site Globo who’s title translates to ‘Anderson Silva makes faces and mouths at the launch of commercial’

Anderson Silva had fun during the commercial launch of Budweiser, who stars opposite Steven Seagal, on Thursday, the 17th, in Rio de Janeiro. The advertising piece was recorded earlier this year in Argentina, and will air on Sunday, May 20. In it, Anderson is preparing for a duel and is vying for a beer with Seagal. It embodies a kind of up Daniel San, prsonagem the movie “Karate Kid” for the confrontation.
The article also says Seagal took time out of his busy cheeseburger eating schedule to teach Anderson a few new moves in anticipation of his fight with Chael Sonnen. Game over, Chael. Unless of course the stuff Stone Cold Steve Austin taught Sonnen counteracts Seagal’s moves. The world hasn’t seen a proxy war of this magnitude since Viet Nam.

KevoOnTheRadio
05-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Such a shitty beer

Cat--Smasher
05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Such a shitty beer

Shitty shitty shitty piss water you mean. Blows my mind how BUD / Canadian / Labatt and all those shitty ass beers cost just as much if not more than your tasty local brews and craft beers.

NLRepublic
05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Ugh...Budweiser and Seagal, throw up in my mouth

I wish he'd go away

_DCdoctr_
05-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Lyoto's dad is getting into the mix too, I see.

BP

Y2JUBAE
05-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Yes, because true martial artists are drunks that fight over beers.

Pasha K
05-18-2012, 09:02 PM
I prefer to drink piss rather than drink Budweiser

Luc1an
05-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Shitty shitty shitty piss water you mean. Blows my mind how BUD / Canadian / Labatt and all those shitty ass beers cause just as much if not more than your tasty local brews and craft beers.

im not sure i get your point? did you mean cost? I dont mind canadian once in a while, if im getting hammered on something im buying canadian if i just want to have one or two ill buy an import, usually belgian or dutch.

Pasha K
05-18-2012, 09:13 PM
This is an example of what is a good beer
http://www.duels.cz/galerie/kozel.gif

Cat--Smasher
05-18-2012, 09:53 PM
im not sure i get your point? did you mean cost? I dont mind canadian once in a while, if im getting hammered on something im buying canadian if i just want to have one or two ill buy an import, usually belgian or dutch.

Yeah, I mistyped and meant cost.

Seems something mass produced should cost less than something produced in smaller batches with usually more expensive ingredients.

Rumble
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I like Budweiser?

KevoOnTheRadio
05-19-2012, 01:04 AM
I like Budweiser?

And thats cool bro. If it tastes good to you and gets ya drunk, nothing else matters!

Kimbo> Rampage
05-19-2012, 04:38 AM
nice, they got 2 martial arts legends for the commercial. I hope its not a Brazil only thing.

First you disrespect master segal, and now you attack my beer? you can get a 24oz can of bud for 1$ around here. Thats a good deal.

Rumble
05-19-2012, 04:56 AM
And thats cool bro. If it tastes good to you and gets ya drunk, nothing else matters!

My love for Budweiser actually started on accident.

You see, back in 09 when I was still attending Wazzu (WSU) all me and my friends really drank was Busch Light. I know it's gross, but they sold it in abundance for really (I mean really) cheap.

Well after awhile I wasn't really feeling the ol' Pullman Water, so when we went out I would buy Bud Light. Here's the catch. My dad came for a visit on Dad's Weekend. We go to the bar and I ordered a pitcher of Bud Light, to which my dad responds, "What, are you on a fuckin diet?" To which I said, "Bartender, scratch that, make that a pitcher of Budweiser."

And I've been drinking Bud-straight ever since.

CtGreat
05-19-2012, 05:01 AM
I like Budweiser?

Budweiser premium is my shit....then again I dont drink beer all that much and i prefer light beers to loggers.

Kimbo> Rampage
05-19-2012, 05:04 AM
exactly. there is some real shitty beer out there. Bud is actually a step up.

Bush light, natural ice, milwalkies beset... Shit is cheap but sucks.

Rumble
05-19-2012, 05:11 AM
exactly. there is some real shitty beer out there. Bud is actually a step up.

Bush light, natural ice, milwalkies beset... Shit is cheap but sucks.

Naty Ice makes me wanna cry. That stuff smells like shit, therefore it tastes like shit.

Sakara=Excitement
05-19-2012, 07:48 AM

You and Machida both.

Xtremo
05-19-2012, 08:12 AM
I dont drink beer. ever.

Anyways, what about UFC and bud light being a sponsor? I remember hearing, "you don't piss off your sponsor". now just add, "and join the enemy."

KevoOnTheRadio
05-19-2012, 03:25 PM
My love for Budweiser actually started on accident.

You see, back in 09 when I was still attending Wazzu (WSU) all me and my friends really drank was Busch Light. I know it's gross, but they sold it in abundance for really (I mean really) cheap.

Well after awhile I wasn't really feeling the ol' Pullman Water, so when we went out I would buy Bud Light. Here's the catch. My dad came for a visit on Dad's Weekend. We go to the bar and I ordered a pitcher of Bud Light, to which my dad responds, "What, are you on a fuckin diet?" To which I said, "Bartender, scratch that, make that a pitcher of Budweiser."

And I've been drinking Bud-straight ever since.

Haha that's a cool story dude.

Leucoethiops
05-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Shitty shitty shitty piss water you mean. Blows my mind how BUD / Canadian / Labatt and all those shitty ass beers cost just as much if not more than your tasty local brews and craft beers.

Local microbrewery beers are about 50% more expensive here, but that's okay, because they're 50% better too....

Creemore Springs ftw

trustkill
05-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Link: Silva and Seagal Are “On Deadly Ground” (*rimshot*) in New Budweiser Commercial | | Cagepotato (http://www.cagepotato.com/silva-and-seagal-are-on-deadly-ground-rimshot-in-new-budweiser-commercial/)

Embedding isn't working. Peep the video, there's even an appearance by Lyoto's dad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGc0PiF4z5Y&feature=youtu.be

With recent events involving a UFC fighter and alcohol grabbing the spotlight, we at CP figured we’d lighten the mood a tad with this new Budweiser commercial. From a stare down between Anderson Silva and Steven Seagal to Lyoto Machida making a cameo as he flees the scene, this commercial has it all. When I say it has it all, I mean they also mixed in a midget little person as well as Bruce Buffer and Dan Miragliotta. Much to the surprise of Chael Sonnen (because, we assume, he was unaware that the country has such technological advances like television), it has been rumored that the commercial will only air in Brazil.

Since becoming a sponsor of the UFC, the Anheuser-Busch conglomerate has seen their fair share of controversy stemming from the octagon. There was Brock Lesnar giving Bud-Light a giant middle finger during a post fight interview and there was also a warning issued to the UFC for their fighter’s behavior by Anheuser-Busch. Now that Jon Jones has been arrested under the suspicion of DUI, what is the UFC’s star sponsor going to do since he was featured in a previous Bud Light commercial?

But enough of the serious stuff, right?

I say we raise a glass and toast Budweiser for the excellence that is this commercial. Just remember, if you decide to have more than a few glasses, don’t drive your Bentley home.

Esox Express
05-21-2012, 05:15 AM
http://media.americanfood4u.de/jpg800/10001476_1.jpg

Eric T Smith
05-21-2012, 05:19 AM

So does Machida!

jody
05-22-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm a Modelo man these days.