PDA

View Full Version : Tuf 6

da@LARGE
01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Someone suggested in an earlier thread that, since the UFC was having difficulty finding talented unsigned fighters, that they should pick guys with zero fights for the next TUF.

I don't know if the poster was trying to be a smartass, but he may be on to something.

Why not take the UFC back to the oldschool and have each contestant have limited MMA experience, yet represent the top of thier own combat sport/martial art.

For instance, there'd be someone there who's an expert in Mui Thai, amateur wrestling, American-style boxing, BJJ, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, etc.

Of course, the training duration would have to be longer, but I think it'd be interesting since MMA is starting to become a hybridized martial art itself.

jxsilencedxj
02-01-2007, 07:53 PM
that idea sounds good to me.. longer training/longer show wouldn't bother me any

duran
02-02-2007, 03:08 AM
I like the idea of zero fights, but that would have to be zero pro fights. I would watch it, but I don't think you could sell it to the new audience that TUF has developed. There is too big of a learning curve to take a pure wrestler, boxer, karate guy and turn them into competitive mixed martial artists. It takes years and a TUF format would be way too impractical imo.

Tystick357
02-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Retarded as hell to me, you want guys who are good and can be competitive, not people who it will take EVEN LONGER to rise to the top.

They have the minor league type of shows for a reason.

Not calling you retarded but the idea sure as hell is.

DeathOrGlory2
02-03-2007, 07:25 PM
dont like the zero fights idea at all - i think itd lead to the show turning out winners that are way out of their league, and make for some some pretty ropey fights during the emilination process