PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rogan gets his 10th Planet black belt from Eddie Bravo

_DCdoctr_
06-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Joe Rogan gets his 10th Planet black belt from Eddie Bravo

Thank you, my friends! I was really choked up tonight. I actually cried a little.
I’ve never asked for my black belt, and I’ve been a brown belt for 7 or 8 years, just plugging away working on my game, so this was a real long term accomplishment for me and it felt incredible. I’m on cloud 9 right now. It’s pretty crazy.
It’s a real honor, and it’s really motivated me to train even harder!
For those asking, I started training in 1996 with Carlson Gracie, and then I switched over to Jean Jacques Machado in 98, and I started training with Eddie Bravo in 2000. I still go to Jean Jacques as well, but I spend most of my time at 10th Planet.

The Underground (http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/news/409030/Joe-Rogan-awarded-his-black-belt-by-Eddie-Bravo/)

BP

IceCold48
06-27-2012, 11:49 PM
i love eddie and i think 10th planet is pretty cool but isnt this like the jiu jitsu equivilant of a degree from the university of pheonix?

MIZjitsZOU
06-28-2012, 12:07 AM
i love eddie and i think 10th planet is pretty cool but isnt this like the jiu jitsu equivilant of a degree from the university of pheonix?

Huh?

Good for Joe Rogan. Big accomplishment and sense of pride to get a black belt.

Rumble
06-28-2012, 12:13 AM

Apparently not if he was a brown belt for 7 or 8 years. University of Phoenix would get you one in 2 years haha

Sniggles
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM

Not at all, perhaps you should attend the University of Pheonix and fix your ability to communicate in the English language.

NLRepublic
06-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Huh?

Good for Joe Rogan. Big accomplishment and sense of pride to get a black belt.

Agreed

Joe is the man, his podcasts get me through every day

Congrats to him, friends or not, this means something. Everyone who spends 10 plus years working under the same guy builds a friendship.

Just because Joe and Eddie have a publicized friendship doesn't mean anything should be taken away from Rogan for earning a fucking black belt under Eddie Bravo and 10th Planet

Kimbo> Rampage
06-28-2012, 04:03 AM

I dont think bravo's BJJ credentials need to be brought up. but you would be hard pressed to find a better American BJJ coach than Bravo. He has also helped evolve the martial art.

He and Rogan are friends, but Rogan has been a brown belt for that long... Seems he deserves the Black belt title now.

mmawolverine
06-28-2012, 04:25 AM
i think what icecold was trying to say was thats cool but its no cesar gracie black belt to which i would have to disagree bravo is a very formidable, prolific, and decorated bjj practitioner he takes his craft very serious dont be fooled by the funny names

mma #1 fan
06-28-2012, 08:26 AM

how many degree's take 8 years their?

Sakara=Excitement
06-28-2012, 08:56 AM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0906/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

You and Chael been hanging out?

_DCdoctr_
06-28-2012, 09:01 AM

I would love to have the opportunity to get my black belt from Eddie and his 10th Planet System. I believe Coco would tell you, "train 10th Planet or you can go f*Ák yourself!" :grinsmile1:

BP

Sniggles
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
I would love to have the opportunity to get my black belt from Eddie and his 10th Planet System. I believe Coco would tell you, "train 10th Planet or you can go f*Ák yourself!" :grinsmile1:

BP

I would have a signature like yours but I pride myself on not making any productive posts.

carbondioxide830
06-28-2012, 11:16 PM
getting your blackbelt from your best friend is like getting a free toy in your happy meal...wait, nevermind.

_DCdoctr_
06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
getting your blackbelt from your best friend is like getting a free toy in your happy meal...wait, nevermind.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cTIb16BiGc4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, his ole buddy definitely hooked him with a black belt. Joe only had to train on and off for 8 years to get it. Some friend...:laughing4:

I love it when embeds up and decide to not function properly. Joe Rogan Getting His 10th Planet Black Belt from Eddie Bravo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTIb16BiGc4&feature=g-all-u)

BP

carbondioxide830
06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cTIb16BiGc4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, his ole buddy definitely hooked him with a black belt. Joe only had to train on and off for 8 years to get it. Some friend...:laughing4:

I love it when embeds up and decide to not function properly.
Joe Rogan Getting His 10th Planet Black Belt from Eddie Bravo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTIb16BiGc4&feature=g-all-u)

BP

perhaps i shoulda replaced "...wait, nevermind" with "insert sarcasm here."

_DCdoctr_
06-29-2012, 12:09 AM
perhaps i shoulda replaced "...wait, nevermind" with "insert sarcasm here."

I was picking up what you were putting down. :grinsmile1: I thought I'd insert a little humor too regarding Bravo being a crappy friend. My bad.

BP

Sniggles
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
#sarcasm

_DCdoctr_
07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
#sarcasm

I believe twitter is downstairs. Go down one floor and take three lefts. You can't miss it.

BP

Sniggles
07-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I believe twitter is downstairs. Go down one floor and take three lefts. You can't miss it.

BP

I reserve the right to play with my twatter where ever I like.

_DCdoctr_
07-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I reserve the right to play with my twatter where ever I like.

Boy, didn't you're mama tell you that you'd go blind doing that?

BP