PDA

View Full Version : UFC's Jon Jones On Fighting Anderson Silva: We Could Lose Sponsorships

Sakara=Excitement
07-11-2012, 02:31 AM
UFC's Jon Jones On Fighting Anderson Silva: We Could Lose Sponsorships - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/10/3150278/ufc-jon-jones-vs-anderson-silva-we-could-both-lose-sponsorships)

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4625439/113279370_large.jpg

UFC president Dana White teased fans after UFC 148 by not ruling out the possibility of UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva facing UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones in a super fight. Jones has not been very receptive.

First there was his fight night tweet via ESPN:

"Man my man ‪#AndersonSilva‬ went to work tonight, consistently amazing," Jones said. "I guess Anderson said he had no interest in fighting me at tonight's press conference, I feel the same way about him. Nothing but respect."

Now he's expanded on his reasoning for not wanting to fight Silva in an interview onESPN LA AM 710 with Max & Marcellus (transcribed via Bleacher Report):

"It's not that he won't fight me or I won't fight him. To be dead honest, it's that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don't want to crack on his greatness and I don't want him cracking on my greatness.

"We're in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is being a winning-being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away.

"I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don't want to be the guy to beat him. I don't want to lose to him either. It's a lose-lose situation for me."

That's an entirely rational position but it's not one that I think will improve Jones' reputation with fans. Fans want to see big fights not hear about how much money losing would cost the fighters.

sproggy
07-11-2012, 02:40 AM
So he is saying he is dodging people because of the possibility of losing of money? That's a champ I look up to......

FedortheCan
07-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Thats a lose lose question for Jones. If he says he doesnt want to fight Anderson for reason X... MMA fans will be all over his ass for not manning up. If Jones said he would love to fight him and be the guy to dethrone Anderson... MMA fans are going to call him a cocky prick. Sorry but its the truth

sproggy
07-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Thats a lose lose question for Jones. If he says he doesnt want to fight Anderson for reason X... MMA fans will be all over his ass for not manning up. If Jones said he would love to fight him and be the guy to dethrone Anderson... MMA fans are going to call him a cocky prick. Sorry but its the truth

How is saying you'd like to fight someone, especially someone who many think could get considered the GOAT, cocky?

W.Silva>C.Norris
07-11-2012, 03:02 AM
If these two arent going to fight, its time for both of them to stop answering questions about it. Im sick of hearing the excuses, etc. Just say "ive already answered that, next question"

rspier
07-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Looking at the money is jut one part of what he said, ad that's unfair. Of course he worries about the money? Who doesn't? I think he was speaking more to respect he holds for silva, and I also like the way he pointed out he could lose to him as well. For now let them handle the guys in their own devisions. Jones has to be beat Hendo, goose is up and coming, there are a few (far-fetched maybe) threats left. Silva has Munoz, Lombard, and bisping(lol). I think jones smashes silva personally... I wouldn't want to smash my hero.

Sakara=Excitement
07-11-2012, 03:06 AM
If I were out wrecking Bentley's I would worry about losing money too.

earle
07-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Once again, I hate twitter. Just waiting for the backlash from fans and fellow fighters now.

Anyone else getting déjà vu all over again? I think this fight will happen eventually, if only for both guys to prove they are not cowards, whether that's fair criticism or not.

CtGreat
07-11-2012, 03:12 AM
5,4,3,2,1...hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Cat--Smasher
07-11-2012, 03:25 AM
If these two arent going to fight, its time for both of them to stop answering questions about it. Im sick of hearing the excuses, etc. Just say "ive already answered that, next question"

QFT

Neither have ever expressed any interest in this fight yet the media keeps on running articles and asking about it.

Pointless.

rspier
07-11-2012, 04:17 AM
It's unromantic, but yeah... Believe it or not these guys are in it for the money. Maybe he shouldn't say it, but being that everyone rides him for being fake... It's funny when he says something real everyone rides him for that. Haters gonna hate and Jon jones just can't win. Except in the ring. Where it seems most people still root for him to lose. Haha.

He shouldn't have said it out loud I guess, but there's no need to act appalled.

CtGreat
07-11-2012, 04:22 AM
Everyone is in it for the money, if you don't believe that then you are fooling yourself

rivethead
07-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Kid Nate = noobjack, every time.

Because he sucks, and is a bitch.

rh

Jagman
07-11-2012, 04:33 AM
So let me get this straight, Jones doesn't want to fight Anderson so that they don't infringe on each others greatness?? That goes against everything that is great about being a champion imo. Champions want to take on the best and want to leave no doubt that they are the true Champion.

I can't imagine a champion like Jordan back in his day saying "I don't want to play the Lakers or the Pistons so that we don't infringe on each others greatness"

Sniggles
07-11-2012, 05:40 AM
QFT

Neither have ever expressed any interest in this fight yet the media keeps on running articles and asking about it.

Pointless.

Because many people want to see Anderson fight a champion of another weight class - someone at his skill level - someone he won't embarass. How absurd that people want to hear if the opinions have changed.

I can't imagine a champion like Jordan back in his day saying "I don't want to play the Lakers or the Pistons so that we don't infringe on each others greatness"

How absurd it is.

HOW ABSURD!

K1NG P3NN
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I could be completely offbase here...but...maybe the reporters don't know that they are currently dominating their divisions, so they don't have time for this superfight that neither of them has EVER said anything about wanting to be a part of. They must have nothing better to do than to constantly hound these two with stupid questions such as this.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
07-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I only want to see this fight if Jon Jones is sponsored by Wendys or McDonalds.

CRisCO
07-11-2012, 02:58 PM
kind of showing his vagina here.

Y2JUBAE
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Go get some sponsors!

Funny how Jones dodges this fight yet states how he wants to be the best in the world.

He has been de-nutted by Jackson. Anderson apparently just wants to fight fighters that are smaller than him. Mental Neg to both.

disposableassassin
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
I only want to see this fight if Jon Jones is sponsored by Wendys or McDonalds.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/357/821/35782187_640.jpg
sunday sunday sunday live at the gaggledome its the clown of carnage ronald mcdonald vs the dictator of decapitation the king bring your umbrellas because ....it....will....rain....blooooooood

johnny Boom
07-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Is it possible for two people to be so far each others asses that they become enormous ass? Or would they disappear?