PDA

View Full Version : A.Silva for the legacy

STruC1x
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
I've said this once and again, Silva is the master of the art.
Everyone in the devision dominated. 36yrs old.

Should Anderson Silva move up and face LHW title to be considered the legacy?

Sakara=Excitement
07-16-2012, 08:31 AM

Greatest post ever.

RearNakedStroke
07-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Welcome to Noob Jack.
Population: You

RearNakedStroke
07-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Greatest post ever.

This might be the early frontrunner for an award. If not there should be a new category.

Sniggles
07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Well let's look at it by laying out possible matchups...

Middleweight...
Vitor Belfort - Who Anderson decisively finished in a single round
Rich Franklin - ""
Chael Sonnen
Mark Munoz
Hector Lombard - The Cancrusher
Tim Boetsch - Anderson will easily outstrike this guy worse then he did to Forrest Griffin
Chris Weidman
Alan Belcher - Belcher is indeed extremely well-rounded and would be a great matchup for next year

Light Heavyweight...
Dan Henderson - Would still be interested in a rematch between him and Silva, as he laid out the blueprint for Chael Sonnen to follow
Shogun - Obvious reasons. Legendary matchup.
Rampage - Would be a new highlight reel for Silva
Jon Jones
Rashad Evans
Gustaffsson

I truly think that if Henderson wins the LHW title that Anderson Silva would move up to fight Hendo. That's a big IF though.

RearNakedStroke
07-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Wow. A well thought out post to a sloppy, probably drunken thread. Props.

cosmicsunn
07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
i'm pretty sure A. silva has said multiple times that he has no interest in moving up to LHW and challenge for the title. i'm assuming he will fight another 2 or 3 fights an then retire.

LefthookStcrook
07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah horible first post lol, but I'll bite.

Without a move to LHW Silva would still have his Legacy. The guy is technically unbeaten since 2004....yeah 2004, 8 almost 9 years ago.

A 15 fight win streak in the UFC is unheard of, not Matt Hughes/Liddell/GSP/Couture/Bj etc etc have done that. 4Ko, 3Fight, and 2 Sub "of the night" awards, 9 total. Isnt the record 10?

Add in the other records the man has like Most title defenses and its easy to figure out were currently watching the GOAT in his prime.

Its awsome to watch a fighter in their prime destroy the competition, it doesnt happen too often, especially on the level of Silva. Just sit back and enjoy.

roaddawg
07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
i'm pretty sure A. silva has said multiple times that he has no interest in moving up to LHW and challenge for the title. i'm assuming he will fight another 2 or 3 fights an then retire.

He has also said multiple times that he isn't the best fighter. He thinks BJ Penn is the best fighter on the planet so what does he have to prove?

Both Fedor and Silva fought in divisions where they were most comfortable and both dominated their respective weight classes. Yet only one of the two has a fan requirement to compete outside his weightclass (yet again) to be considered the GOAT (as if there was a such thing anyways).

Some of yall are funny, others are so transparent its sickening.
Favortism much?

SimpleJack
07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Playing devil's advocate to your post, I will provide you some reasons why:

MW has historically been pretty weak
Anderson is (perceived to be) huge for the division and Fedor is "small" for his
Fedor HAS fought outside of his weight class
PRIDE HW was perceived to be stacked when he dominated it

Also, from the "fans' perspective":

Fedor never disrespected his opponents in the press or public
Fedor never shoulder checked anyone
Fedor has never danced in the ring/cage
Fedor has never been DQ'ed for illegal strikes

Now, I'm not sure I agree with all of that but they are facts.

Luc1an
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Uhm. What? Not even sure where to begin. But the answer to your "question" is NO. lol.

disposableassassin
07-16-2012, 04:41 PM
He has also said multiple times that he isn't the best fighter. He thinks BJ Penn is the best fighter on the planet so what does he have to prove?

Both Fedor and Silva fought in divisions where they were most comfortable and both dominated their respective weight classes. Yet only one of the two has a fan requirement to compete outside his weightclass (yet again) to be considered the GOAT (as if there was a such thing anyways).

Favortism much?

i seem to recall after the bigfoot loss that damn near everyone was begging for fedor to go to 205.

CtGreat
07-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Silva is 37 going on 38. Also, as long as machida is in that division, silva will never move up to LHW. He has said multiple times that the LHW belt is Machidas belt and he has his own belt to defend.

Cat--Smasher
07-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Silva is 37 going on 38. Also, as long as machida is in that division, silva will never move up to LHW. He has said multiple times that the LHW belt is Machidas belt and he has his own belt to defend.

37 going on 38... I always wonder why people feel the need to say this. It would be a safe assumption most people can count past 37.

Wiki says Anderson's birthday is in April 1975. So opposed to the way you worded your statement, Anderson is closer to 36 than 38.

I think Anderson needs to realize Machida is a long way from that belt. It was Machida's belt, now it belongs to Mr. Jones.

Kimbo> Rampage
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Fedor never disrespected his opponents in the press or public
Fedor never shoulder checked anyone
Fedor has never danced in the ring/cage
Fedor has never been DQ'ed for illegal strikes

Now, I'm not sure I agree with all of that but they are facts.

Wow, are we now considering those as far as how good they are?

Fedor is #3 behind GSP and Anderson imo....

Jones could pass them all

SimpleJack
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
No. His statement pertained to fan perception nd requiring silva to move up.

VimyRidge
07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Favortism much?

....bringing up the race card again roaddawg? Just because you are a racist, doesn't mean everyone else is.

CtGreat
07-16-2012, 06:21 PM
....bringing up the race card again roaddawg? Just because you are a racist, doesn't mean everyone else is.

You are the one who brought up race her pal

VimyRidge
07-16-2012, 06:32 PM
You are the one who brought up race her pal

What does "her pal" mean? Is this spanish?

If you look at his past posts, which I know you are very aware of them because you have responded to them, you know what he was getting at, so don't play stupid.

SimpleJack
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/e63/636/65f/resized/dumb-jeff-meme-generator-don-t-play-dumb-with-me-it-s-a-game-you-can-t-win-762a5e.jpg?1328717666.jpg

CtGreat
07-16-2012, 08:59 PM
What does "her pal" mean? Is this spanish?

If you look at his past posts, which I know you are very aware of them because you have responded to them, you know what he was getting at, so don't play stupid.

You tell me don't play stupid, but you couldn't figure out that I meant to type "here pal" when I typed "her pal"?

The thing you did here was automatically assume he meant racist implications. When the first thing i thought, was that by " transparent" he meant that it was clear that people were just being haters.

Ive been on this form for a whole now, and by far what I've seen is other people bringing up race with RD than Rd has actually brought up himself. All I'm saying is, before me you jump to conclusions about what he is implying, think about what else he could mean. RD is often a troll, but he doesn't mention race nearly as often as y'all make it seem.