PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen Down For 'War Of Words' With WWE Superstar The Rock

Cat--Smasher
07-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Chael Sonnen Down For 'War Of Words' With WWE Superstar The Rock

Someone mentioned a possible war of the words battle between former UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen and WWE superstar The Rock on Twitter Monday night. The Rock, who has been featured in several blockbuster movies, was part of the WWE Monday Night Raw 1,000th episode.

"Set it up. We will do it for charity," Sonnen responded to someone saying, "I can only imagine how a war of words between The Rock and Chael Sonnen would be like."

Sonnen is a close friend of WWE champion CM Punk, and was going to have Punk walk him to the Octagon earlier this year for a fight with Michael Bisping. Punk and another wrestler, Daniel Bryan, actually re-created the Sonnen-Anderson Silva finish from UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II on a recent edition of Raw.

Chael Sonnen Down For 'War Of Words' With WWE Superstar The Rock - FightLine.com (http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0723/549535/chael-sonnen/)

KevoOnTheRadio
07-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Rock would school him on the mic. Wouldn't even be close.

Masscore
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM

I do not know about you but I am pumped for CM Punk going heel and facing the Rock at some point.

KevoOnTheRadio
07-24-2012, 05:55 PM
I do not know about you but I am pumped for CM Punk going heel and facing the Rock at some point.

That was pretty gangster last night.

disposableassassin
07-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Chael would definately need to have a good bit of material prepared. Trouble is that the rock is usually very good at off the cuff freestyle. The rock takes it handily but I bet sonnen would have a few zingers.

roaddawg
07-25-2012, 02:19 AM

Why are people so fascinated with CM Punk? I never understood that. He is getting recognition like Steve Austin got during the attitude era.

Is it even justified?

0mega1
07-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Why are people so fascinated with CM Punk? I never understood that. He is getting recognition like Steve Austin got during the attitude era.

Is it even justified?

I remember his debut on ECW... does he still promote the "straight edge" lifestyle?

Sniggles
07-25-2012, 03:00 AM

Is it even justified?

When your verbal competition is John Cena and Sheamus..... it simply makes you look good.

WWE doesn't entertain me anymore, though.

MIZjitsZOU
07-25-2012, 03:16 AM

Is it even justified?

Same question plus what about him going heel?

Masscore
07-25-2012, 05:09 AM

Is it even justified?

The people that are comparing him to Stone Cold are stupid and just looking to do one of those The "insert person here" of this era. They do it in all sports and it is just annoying. In 10 years from now there will be some MW dominating the division and Joe Rogan will call him the Anderson Silva of this Era and all of will collectively swear and roll our eyes.

But I will also admit I am huge CM Punk mark and have been since he first showed up to the WWE because anyone whose walk out music is Killswitch Engage automatically becomes my favorite wrestler. So with that being said...

Lets just be honest since Edge has retired, at the moment there is no one that is the all around talent CM Punk is right now in the ring and on the mic. No one really has the mic skills he has and there is no one that has the ring skills he has. When was the last time CM Punk had a legit bad match? Hell the guy put on a show with Cena at MITB last year and had a great match with Big Show a week ago and those two are consider two of the worse overall wrestles in the business. Yet he still manage to put on good shows with them. Now with the heel turn he is going to really shine because he makes a way better heel then a face and he should reach new heights.

If I was going to compare him to anyone I would say his closest comparison is Edge as far as in ring skill and mic work goes. Which is probably why he got the major push right after Edge retired.

CtGreat
07-25-2012, 05:31 AM
I never got into wwe or wwf, but I've always thought that Cena was the biggest douchebag I've ever seen on tv, and I've never understood his popularity.

Masscore
07-25-2012, 05:36 AM
I never got into wwe or wwf, but I've always thought that Cena was the biggest douchebag I've ever seen on tv, and I've never understood his popularity.

He is like Hulk Hogan, it's all about the kids with him. He is super kid friendly and they are the ones who are forcing their parents to drag them to shows and buy tons of merch. Hulk Hogan was never anything special in the ring and even on the mic but the fact that he sold a shit ton of merch always meant he was going to be near the top. A guy like Randy Savage could wrestle circles around Hogan and was far better on the mic but he was always second fiddle because he never got over with the kids like Hogan did.

CtGreat
07-25-2012, 05:42 AM
He is like Hulk Hogan, it's all about the kids with him. He is super kid friendly and they are the ones who are forcing their parents to drag them to shows and buy tons of merch. Hulk Hogan was never anything special in the ring and even on the mic but the fact that he sold a shit ton of merch always meant he was going to be near the top. A guy like Randy Savage could wrestle circles around Hogan and was far better on the mic but he was always second fiddle because he never got over with the kids like Hogan did.

He preformes jean shorts for fucks sake!! That's the epitome of douchebag...he may as well wear a phanny pack.

Sorryvif I offend anyone who wears jean shorts..but I really hate them

Cat--Smasher
07-25-2012, 05:54 AM
He preformes jean shorts for fucks sake!! That's the epitome of douchebag...he may as well wear a phanny pack.

Sorryvif I offend anyone who wears jean shorts..but I really hate them

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/realadam/jorts1.jpg

KevoOnTheRadio
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/realadam/jorts1.jpg

Goddamn it Cat, first thing in the morning. Great.

roaddawg
07-25-2012, 02:56 PM
The people that are comparing him to Stone Cold are stupid and just looking to do one of those The "insert person here" of this era. They do it in all sports and it is just annoying. In 10 years from now there will be some MW dominating the division and Joe Rogan will call him the Anderson Silva of this Era and all of will collectively swear and roll our eyes.

But I will also admit I am huge CM Punk mark and have been since he first showed up to the WWE because anyone whose walk out music is Killswitch Engage automatically becomes my favorite wrestler. So with that being said...

Lets just be honest since Edge has retired, at the moment there is no one that is the all around talent CM Punk is right now in the ring and on the mic. No one really has the mic skills he has and there is no one that has the ring skills he has. When was the last time CM Punk had a legit bad match? Hell the guy put on a show with Cena at MITB last year and had a great match with Big Show a week ago and those two are consider two of the worse overall wrestles in the business. Yet he still manage to put on good shows with them. Now with the heel turn he is going to really shine because he makes a way better heel then a face and he should reach new heights.

If I was going to compare him to anyone I would say his closest comparison is Edge as far as in ring skill and mic work goes. Which is probably why he got the major push right after Edge retired.

I had a feeling there wasn't a lot of merit behind his popularity. Some people are treating him like he has single handedly revolutionized WWE like Triple H, Steve Austin, The Rock, John Cena, even Rey Mysterio JR.

Everytime I see him on TV I try to make myself like the guy but I can't find much in him that remotely interest me. I don't see anything close to Edge but he would be a runner up for Christian.

dmc_tim
07-30-2012, 08:08 AM

the rock couldnt do shit if it wasnt scripted . Sonnen will own him

KevoOnTheRadio
07-30-2012, 02:26 PM
the rock couldnt do shit if it wasnt scripted . Sonnen will own him

Yea, cause Sonnen doesn't plan out his statements before hand, our outright steal material from other places.