PDA

View Full Version : Cage Banners?

TheDoucheyWun
07-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Anyone know how or where to find the banners that fighters hang over the cage? I think they would be awesome to use as wall posters.

LefthookStcrook
07-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Man I was thinking about this myself. Im sure one thats actually been in the octagon is worth pretty big bucks. I actually work in a graphic/media shop and just a normal banner that size can range anywheres between $400-$800 depending on colours and resolution. No joke the shit is expensive.

I was considering just making one for a favourite fighter and hang it on the wall in the smoke room, but even with my hookups it'd still be too expensive for my liking. Like $200 minimum, me doing all the work on my spare time.

One thats been in the cage has got to be worth an easy $1000. But I guess it all depends on where you live n stuff.

Happy hunting!

HillbillyDeluxe
07-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Man I was thinking about this myself. Im sure one thats actually been in the octagon is worth pretty big bucks. I actually work in a graphic/media shop and just a normal banner that size can range anywheres between $400-$800 depending on colours and resolution. No joke the shit is expensive.

I was considering just making one for a favourite fighter and hang it on the wall in the smoke room, but even with my hookups it'd still be too expensive for my liking. Like $200 minimum, me doing all the work on my spare time.

One thats been in the cage has got to be worth an easy $1000. But I guess it all depends on where you live n stuff.

Happy hunting!

thanks for the info boss! I know locally mine cost me around $70 to get made from a printing shop here in my little town, but they werent even that kool nor did they have any big name brand sponsors on it... I was just puppy pimpin :(

I also was interested in obtaining some of the banners, but have never heard of them being for sale or where to purchase them. I imagine your best bet would be to ask several of your favorite fighters camps directly if you could purchase one of their's

If Phat Mac's still has the banners in their closet and you are interested, I would gladly mail you my banner plus some of the other guys' locally for free. Like I said tho, puppy pimpin. I'll look and see if they are in decent condition, I know the storage closet has some in it, but I havent fought in a couple years so they are kinda aged and I am unsure of the condition

TheDoucheyWun
07-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Hillbilly, You know if u can contact anyone worth trying to contact about it via email?

HillbillyDeluxe
07-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Hillbilly, You know if u can contact anyone worth trying to contact about it via email?

Sadly, the ones I thought I could locate are no longer there and were thrown out. However, Gary Hoyd who used to run Elite Cagefighting here out of Indianapolis confirmed my thoughts on how to go about obtaining them, which is just trying to contact said fighter's camp who's banner you would like to purchase and see if they would sell it to ya. I dont see any objections to why not.

Sorry I couldnt of been more help, but he pretty much told me he wasnt really running any shows anymore or managing too many fighters so he really didnt know either.

Specifically who's banner are you trying to get if I might ask?

TheDoucheyWun
07-31-2012, 03:13 AM
Anything from a known camp with sponsors.

rivethead
07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
I actually work in a graphic/media shop...

You should repop the "We Are All One" flag that Genki Sudo used to hold in the ring. I've been looking for one for years without luck.

rh

LefthookStcrook
08-01-2012, 02:23 AM
I also was interested in obtaining some of the banners, but have never heard of them being for sale or where to purchase them. I imagine your best bet would be to ask several of your favorite fighters camps directly if you could purchase one of their's

Most of the banners I see in the UFC etc are digital print, Its almost impossible to reuse. Therefor if sponsors were to change, or someone wanted a bigger slot, That banner becomes pretty much useless...unless another fighter with the exact same sponsors under the same camp were to reuse it.

Im sure a good camp would have lots of old banners kicking around, unless they throw them out. And if that the case get them to hang on to the next one they're going to throw away.

I dont see the problem with going to your local shop and getting them to "print" you off ALL of your favourite sponsors, with whatever you wnated on it.

The thing with that is, the better the quality the more money your paying. A clear picture of Chuck Face lets say is going to cost more then 25 camp logo's

Check the camps, then go back to your local sign shop if that fails.

Anything from a known camp with sponsors.

Read above paragrpah m'man. Check out your local sign shop and tell them you want a banner, nothing fancy, just a few lines of text and a dozen or so logos. They'll ask you what logo's, then find them in front of you, talk resolution and colours blah blah blah=The Price tag.

If you dont like it, start weeding out the more expensive ones yadda yadda.

You should repop the "We Are All One" flag that Genki Sudo used to hold in the ring. I've been looking for one for years without luck.

rh

Its hard to find a picture of just the flag huh. They got a good T for sale though on this site - UFC Global "We Are All One" T-Shirt (http://fighterxfashion.com/ufc-global-we-are-all-one-t-shirt/)

http://fighterxfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ufc-global-t-shirt1.jpg

I talk to my boss about shit like this all the time, pimping out my xbox n shit soon hopefully.

KevoOnTheRadio
08-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Get rid of the UFc logo on the bottom and it would be perfect

rivethead
08-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Get rid of the UFc logo on the bottom and it would be perfect

Yeah. The UFC has absolutely nothing to do with that. Genki isn't even credited anywhere...that's just pathetic.

rh

Sniggles
08-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Yeah. The UFC has absolutely nothing to do with that. Genki isn't even credited anywhere...that's just pathetic.

rh

Precisely what I thought.

Perhaps they obtained the rights when they purchased Pride?

KevoOnTheRadio
08-01-2012, 03:13 AM
new mma world K-1 genki sudo we are all one t-shirt | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-mma-world-K-1-genki-sudo-we-all-one-t-shirt-/180716112961#ht_2360wt_952)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/new-mma-world-K-1-genki-sudo-we-all-one-t-shirt-/00/$(KGrHqEOKpwE5Y58hHDEBOWOlre)jQ~~60_3.JPG

LefthookStcrook
08-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Thats what im thinking. Im wondering if Genki gets any kind of percentage, if not thats a bum deal.

rivethead
08-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Thats what im thinking. Im wondering if Genki gets any kind of percentage, if not thats a bum deal.

It wouldn't have had anything to do with PRIDE. If anything it would have been affiliated with K1/Heros.

Zuffa might have made a private deal with Sudo, as he's so respected in the industry, but it's still pretty weak.

My reaction is similar to the PRIDE/UFC unification belts. It's just stupid.

rh